Pre-Game Talk: 2013 Playoff Avatar Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYRPat21

Jan 1, 2010
Ridge, New York
I vote for a Fandango theme if anyone is familiar with him.

It's Calllllll........laaaaaaaaaa............hannnnnnnn

Imagine MSG da DA da da dada dada da DA da da dada dada DA. :laugh:

The only people that would get it are like the 12 people that regularly post on the Wrestling forum.

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
Picture of Nash: "Rick Nash is a superstar player who..."
Picture of Torts/Rock: "IT DOESN'T MATTER WHO RICK NASH IS! GET TO THE BOARDS!"
"The System"

NYRPat21

Jan 1, 2010
Ridge, New York
"The Torts doesn't care about potential I'll ride Krieder's candy ass up and down the bench."

It was supposed to me in all caps, damn it.

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
"the torts doesn't care about potential i'll ride krieder's candy ass up and down the bench."

:laugh: He'll be picking thorns out of his candyass!

My idea was to do a player and what they are good at, then Torts giving the "It doesn't matter..." line and saying "Get to the boards" because that's our bread and butter.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
We were the preseason darlings of the NHL. Everyone was picking the Rangers to succeed. We should do something along the lines of the reverse of the "started from the bottom, now we here" memes. We could be "started from the top and now we here". Being at the bottom of the playoff section and playing off the failure of the team to live up to what was supposed to be. Flash the playoff logo and there you go.

TheRightWay

May 16, 2012
Maybe not very universal, but how about That 70's show? John Tortorella is Red Forman. It's uncanny. I keep getting this mental image of Sean Avery as Hyde being like, "it's his system, man. I say screw the system!" And then Torts as Red Forman saying, "how about I screw my foot up your ass?"

HockeyStickHomicide

Registered Abuser
Mar 2, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
3px81m.jpg

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
This thread is a failure as far as I'm concerned. We haven't clinched anything yet.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Picture of Nash: "Rick Nash is a superstar player who..."
Picture of Torts/Rock: "IT DOESN'T MATTER WHO RICK NASH IS! GET TO THE BOARDS!"
"The System"

Haha, I gotta say... If/when we do make the playoffs I'm all for the Torts style of avatars. :laugh:

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
This thread is a failure as far as I'm concerned. We haven't clinched anything yet.

Some of us donate our time to make sure the avatars and ideas are ready IN TIME for the playoffs. We don't have the luxury of waiting until the last game to see if the team squeaks in and then rush around to finish them. We've done it this way before and we'll do it again. The decision on a theme needs to start prior to a playoff lock. If you are superstitious you can come back later.

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
I'm not a LOTR fan, but I don't mind if you guys want to do it. But whoever that hairy guy is in the avatar, the Islanders board already has some hairy monkey-looking person where they put players faces on it, so it would be a bit similar.

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
I'm not a LOTR fan, but I don't mind if you guys want to do it. But whoever that hairy guy is in the avatar, the Islanders board already has some hairy monkey-looking person where they put players faces on it, so it would be a bit similar.

I think that's Gandalf

NYRPat21

Jan 1, 2010
Ridge, New York

That's only one character in the whole spectrum, I see the resemblance, but I think it's fine personally, each avatar would be different anyways.

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
That's only one character in the whole spectrum, I see the resemblance, but I think it's fine personally, each avatar would be different anyways.

Oh, okay. I thought everyone would just have a player's face on that person, who is apparently "Gandalf."

As long as I get a Zuccarello one, then I'll be cool. Better than my damn Byron Bitz boiling avatar.

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
So we're not doing that WoF thing?

What about like "What this team needs," and with it there's a logo of hard rock/metal bands:

Metallica
Megadeth
Slayer
AC/DC
Motorhead

Then, the next pic says "What this team has," and we can add a players face to one of these singers:

Nicki Minaj
Lady Gaga
Kelly Clarkson
Whatever ********* hipster singer is popular today

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
So we're not doing that WoF thing?

We're not necessarily doing or not doing anything at this point. Just brainstorming at the moment. Last year's theme was a last minute stroke of genius after pages of suggestions.

Callagraves

Block shots
Jan 24, 2011
I'm in entirely on the Lord of the Rinks Avatar.

One with Hank looking at a puck with "You shall not pass!"

One of Nash's obscene highlight goals, with Stepan saying "That still only counts as one!"

One with Zucc "“Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.”

Cally "The men have found their Captain."

If we're playing Boston, a picture of Lucic and one of our guys remarking "They have a cave troll."

Hank getting his skates fixed up: Renewed shall be blade that was broken. The crownless again shall be king.

I can go on.

Faxius

Dec 28, 2006
I'm in entirely on the Lord of the Rinks Avatar.

One with Hank looking at a puck with "You shall not pass!"

One of Nash's obscene highlight goals, with Stepan saying "That still only counts as one!"

One with Zucc "“Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.â€

Cally "The men have found their Captain."

If we're playing Boston, a picture of Lucic and one of our guys remarking "They have a cave troll."

Hank getting his skates fixed up: Renewed shall be blade that was broken. The crownless again shall be king.

I can go on.

hahaha, almost pissed myself laughing! :handclap:

Good ideas!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad