2013 - Out Of Town Scoreboard - Part Two - Hockey's Back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
DiPietro already cost them Al Montoya, who was pretty decent when he got to play there for the most part, and pitched a shutout for Winnipeg the other day.

Dude's a *******. He's taking up a roster spot and has no business playing hockey of any kind on any level anymore. Wang is the idiot if he's not bought out this Summer though.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Difference is Nabokov is a pretty good starter. Having 1 goalie is better then having 1 space cadet.

Ya any thoughts of the Isles being competitive and this year being their year to sneak in has to be dead at this point. I mean you take that with what you can because the trash can was in goal, but they are still a terrible 5 on 5 team. The Atlantic is really weird this year. I'm just not quite buying the Rags this year at all, obviously not a bad team, but I think they are weaker then last year. Flyers are just a mess. Pitt is still a regular season beast but I wouldn't trust them in the playoffs. Isles...ya. Us ya we are good, but are we really this good? Then again outside of Boston MAYBE (and they definitely have off nights) the east is pretty tight talent wise.

Me I was never convinced the Isles were doing anything this year. Even when they started out 4-1-1 or whatever it was. They started out 4-1-1 in 10/11 too I believe before going on to lose 14 straight. Sadly we were the ones they broke their 14 game losing streak to. A shutout at the hands of the trash can! I was there!:laugh:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I ran the numbers for DiPietro for giggles...his last halfway decent year was in '06-07 when he had 32 wins, a 2.58 GAA, .919 sv and 5 SHO. The next year was a meh season with 26 wins, 2.82, .902 and 3 SHO.

Since then, he's started a grand total of 46 games in 5 years lmfao. Up till tonight he had a 3.36 GAA, and an .887 save percentage in that time frame (five seasons/forty-six starts). Good god - Chico on horrendous Devil teams in the live puck era probably had better numbers.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I ran the numbers for DiPietro for giggles...his last halfway decent year was in '06-07 when he had 32 wins, a 2.58 GAA, .919 sv and 5 SHO. The next year was a meh season with 26 wins, 2.82, .902 and 3 SHO. Since then, he's started a grand total of 46 games in 5 years lmfao. Up till tonight he had a 3.36 GAA, and an .887 save percentage in that time frame (five seasons/forty-six starts). Good god - Chico on horrendous Devil teams in the live puck era probably had better numbers.

I got a real funny one for you. 3 of his last 4 shutouts came against us!:help: They span over 5 or 6 seasons I think. He was well on pace to break Chico's shutout record for the Isles which was 25. He's at 17 now, but who knows if this joke will even have another win let alone a shutout.

I was actually at 2 of his last shutouts. One was MLK day against us on the Island in 2010. Other was Thanksgiving weekend on the Island against us in 2010. After the Isles lost 14 straight games. :laugh: He hasn't been serviceable in years. I remember when he was called ''The best goaltender drafted since Marty Brodeur'' Remember when the fans chanted DP! DP! DP! DP! at the Nassau? Now they hate the pathetic loser. Which is why it made no sense to start him at home.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
So basically that slam dunk contest style shootout at the All-Star Game in 07 killed his career (that and the concussion he suffered down the stretch that same season)

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The 2-0 debacle to end the 14-game losing streak is seared into my memory despite not actually watching the game. That, and the 5-1 'they forgot how to play this game' garbage that greeted Lemaire on his return before Christmas (couldn't avoid that one being there lol).

I'd forgotten about the 4-0 game the year before, he basically just got off IR for that one too.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The 2-0 debacle to end the 14-game losing streak is seared into my memory despite not actually watching the game. That, and the 5-1 'they forgot how to play this game' garbage that greeted Lemaire on his return before Christmas (couldn't avoid that one being there lol).

I'd forgotten about the 4-0 game the year before, he basically just got off IR for that one too.

Haha yeah I was both of those. I was also at another game where DP beat us in 07/08 at the Island. It was earlier in the season. The Isles (As well as Rangers) completely owned us that season. Remember the Metro Ice Challenge? Man good times good times!

I used to go to the Coliseum twice a year. Last I went was the Moose shutout on Thanksgiving weekend in 2011.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
07-08. What a year.

Ended ****** for the Devils. Well kind of boring for much of the year. A good year for me outside of hockey.

Still LOLing at the Wild. Can't even score more than one against Calgary's backup!

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
I ran the numbers for DiPietro for giggles...his last halfway decent year was in '06-07 when he had 32 wins, a 2.58 GAA, .919 sv and 5 SHO. The next year was a meh season with 26 wins, 2.82, .902 and 3 SHO.

Since then, he's started a grand total of 46 games in 5 years lmfao. Up till tonight he had a 3.36 GAA, and an .887 save percentage in that time frame (five seasons/forty-six starts). Good god - Chico on horrendous Devil teams in the live puck era probably had better numbers.

DP is a train wreck. That's nuts.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
DP! DP! DP! DP!

Remember when DP was considered better than Lundqvist?:laugh:

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
Ended ****** for the Devils. Well kind of boring for much of the year. A good year for me outside of hockey.

Still LOLing at the Wild. Can't even score more than one against Calgary's backup!

It never ended. I have a hole in my memory for those playoffs.

Beer and whiskey induced.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Or even Luongo?

Yeah him too. I have a hockey news magazine or something somewhere around here from 2001. It was after the Isles traded for Osgood. DP had limited NHL action the year before, but got sent to the minors for the next 2 years. There was an article about how the Milbury hit a homer sending away Luongo, but keeping the ''Better'' prospect in Dipietro. It was also said that he was the best goalie drafted since Martin Brodeur 10 years earlier. All this about him I gotta dig it up for a laugh! I haven't really read it since I moved, but I know I got it around here somewhere.

As recent as 2006/2007 Dipietro was said to have a higher ceiling than Lundqvist. I think the guys a *******, but I have some heart, and feel bad for the guy when I think about all that stuff.:laugh:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
DP used to scare me.

**** me. Really?

I think we've had worse luck with Isles backup goalies. We always got owned by that Dubielewhatever guy. Even Yann Danis shut us out once when he played there. Of course we had the debacle with that guy last year.

Status Quo*

I think we've had worse luck with Isles backup goalies. We always got owned by that Dubielewhatever guy. Even Yann Danis shut us out once when he played there. Of course we had the debacle with that guy last year.

oh god, Wade Dubielewicz :laugh:

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Two things...

The Flames hired Cameron... that's hilarious..

Second... watching the Flames/Wild game. Next person that calls us boring should have their internet privileges taken away permanently. This is awful. Parise looks ridiculously ineffective by the way which is awesome.

JMarce

Feb 4, 2012
1 goal in 65 minutes against Leland Irving and the Flames? time to bring up some of those awesome prospects.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Parise couldn't even score in the shootout in the second half last year if he paid off the goalie. I called him out on it on here, and got a lot of **** since he was still 65% on the year cause he was money early in the season.

We usually needed Kovy to score, and Marty/Moose to stop everything. Or sometimes we'd get a goal from Patty. I think all the goalies had his stupid backhand move down by that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad