2013 - Out Of Town Scoreboard - Part Two - Hockey's Back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
Parise was rock solid in the shootout, we had the perfect 1-2 punch with him and Kovalchuk.

When Parise didn't score, Elias played the anchor role well.

He's slick as hell at the shootout, let's not pretend like we won't miss that this season.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Parise was rock solid in the shootout, we had the perfect 1-2 punch with him and Kovalchuk.

When Parise didn't score, Elias played the anchor role well.

He's slick as hell at the shootout, let's not pretend like we won't miss that this season.

We will miss him in the shootout cause we don't have anybody really good in the shootout after Kovy. Patty is hit or miss, Clarkson isn't so hot, and Henrique isn't that good with shootouts.

Don't forget after he was stopped on the late game penalty shot by Price, he may have scored two more times the rest of the season in the shootout. Once was against Reimer in that shootout where Marty was really bad. The other was against Giguere in the dual shutout.

Parise went 2 for 9 in the final 9 shootouts of last year.

manilaNJ

Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
Small sample size.
Parise is... 2nd all time? in total shootout goals. Something crazy like that.

He did more than his fair share in that regard during his tenure here.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Small sample size.
Parise is... 2nd all time? in total shootout goals. Something crazy like that.

He did more than his fair share in that regard during his tenure here.

I know. I'm not saying he sucks at shootouts, but he did irritate me late last year. We could have used him in that game against Boston. Henrique is 1 for 3 in the NHL, and went 0 for 4 or 5 in the AHL this season before he got injured. He did score on an in game penalty shot though.

Josefson is terrible in the shootout. Was really good on in game breakaways though in the AHL this year. Doesn't surprise me that Parise is 2nd all time. We may be the most winning team in shootouts or close enough. After last season I remember Marty, and Lundqvist being tied for most wins.

manilaNJ

Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
Good lord, hockey fans are whiny. There's already :scared: new dead puck era! :scared: threads being created on the main board.

I know. I'm not saying he sucks at shootouts, but he did irritate me late last year.

We were money in the shootout, each of the 3 guys had a few games off.. but, as a team we were still ridiculous :laugh:

It's ok, Henrique or Zajac, whilst not being tripped, will be of good use.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
I think Parise left because Deboer chose Kovalchuk for that penalty shot against the Pens after Parise missed the chance to tie the game vs. Carolina or whoever that was.

EDIT: It was the Habs.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't think Zajac has the greatest shootout record, but Kovy didn't either before last year. Zajac never really was a regular in the shootout though. Parise, Langs, Patty. and Gio were usually going ahead of him and we didn't get to him regularly. I think he'll be the anchor guy.

Personally I'm pretty happy that we have 8 non shootout wins, whereas last year after 12 games we only had 3 non shootout wins.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think Parise left because Deboer chose Kovalchuk for that penalty shot against the Pens after Parise missed the chance to tie the game vs. Carolina or whoever that was.

EDIT: It was the Habs.

Haha what?:laugh::laugh:

It did seem Parise lost his magic for a little after that penalty shot. I don't blame him there. Bad ice late in the game. While we were bad in afternoon games last year particularly, I remember never winning a game when they were having a basketball game later on that night.

apice3*

Parise left solely for the money. Money and the "home" thing are the only thing Minnesota had on us. When you realize Parise left Minnesota to play college hockey in North Dakota, it's apparent that the home reason was used for his image. He didn't care about Minnesota. He got paid. Plain and simple.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut

Gorges covered the puck in the crease and the Devils got a penalty shot to tie the game with under a minute left. Deboer chose Parise 'cause he had been money up to that point, and Parise missed it. Afterwards, everyone was talking about how Parise was the right choice 'cause he was the captain and 6 for 7 and blah blah blah.

21 days later, the same situation against the Penguins. This time, Deboer went with Kovalchuk. I'm sure we can all guess the rest.:yo:

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
We will miss him in the shootout cause we don't have anybody really good in the shootout after Kovy. Patty is hit or miss, Clarkson isn't so hot, and Henrique isn't that good with shootouts.

Don't forget after he was stopped on the late game penalty shot by Price, he may have scored two more times the rest of the season in the shootout. Once was against Reimer in that shootout where Marty was really bad. The other was against Giguere in the dual shutout.

Parise went 2 for 9 in the final 9 shootouts of last year.

keyword "final" when the going gets tough, parise is nowhere to be seen :)

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
I was at that Habs game and I remember telling myself what better guy to have to up here right now who has been so hot with the SO goals

and in typical Parise fashion he blew it and couldn't come through

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I can't call out Parise for that penalty shot that was stopped. It's hard late in the game on bad ice. What did piss me off was when he lost the puck against the Blues. If Kovy had done that last year people would have blown a gasket. While it didn't look as pathetic or dramatic as the time Kovy lost it in 2010, people still cut Zach a break for that. It pissed me off too.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
I can't call out Parise for that penalty shot that was stopped. It's hard late in the game on bad ice. What did piss me off was when he lost the puck against the Blues. If Kovy had done that last year people would have blown a gasket. While it didn't look as pathetic or dramatic as the time Kovy lost it in 2010, people still cut Zach a break for that. It pissed me off too.
Parise..pressure...excuses? Goes together quite nicely.:sarcasm:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Parise..pressure...excuses? Goes together quite nicely.:sarcasm:

I'm just trying to be a little unbiased here!:laugh:

That team does not impress me though. Couldn't score more than 1 against Kipper's bench warmer? I hope Luu and the Nucks put them down tomorrow night like they did last week. Then maybe we can get some more ''Fire Yeo!'' talk started up again!

MauDevils

Jan 11, 2009
New Jersey
Because of that you can't consider him a top center in this league.

He has the toolbox, but he wont be able to develop it when the entire franchise is on his shoulders every night.

I remember how bad his skating was a couple of years ago. He has improved a ton already.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
WOWOWOW

Blackhawks just got a goal and it didn't really look like the puck crossed the line at any point. They must have had a interesting camera angle in the net.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Bruins get TWO goals on Lundqvist with Rask pulled! This is always how I want games like these to end...with both teams having looked very bad at some point.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Caps tie this game, and get it to OT. Crapper was in net for the Panthers, and gave up 5 goals. Am I surprised?

Nice goal to give up Clemmensen. Dineen is a ****in idiot for putting him in all the time. Caps win it.

Clemmensen is BRUTAL.

Status Quo*

Wait, let me get this straight. The Rangers had a 3-0 lead in the 3rd and blew it? Rangers board has to be on meltdown right now.

Devilsfan92

Jan 4, 2008
And in the Tampa/Habs game, Montreal was leading 3-0 until 6 minutes left. Now that game is going into OT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad