Speculation: 2013 Offseason: UFAs, Trades, What's Next? | Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Jagr didn't seem to do a whole lot for Boston I don't know why anyone would want him, especially if he wants a lot of money.

True. Not the Jagr of old, but he did manage to play himself on to the 2nd line and showed good puck possession skills down low. He can still beat a defender off the boards. Turris is still a work in progress and needs help.... Jagr is available, I think he could help bolster the Sens 2nd line; obviously he is not the only player that could.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
True. Not the Jagr of old, but he did manage to play himself on to the 2nd line and showed good puck possession skills down low. He can still beat a defender off the boards. Turris is still a work in progress and needs help.... Jagr is available, I think he could help bolster the Sens 2nd line; obviously he is not the only player that could.

It has been pretty much confirmed by murray that he would be too expensive to go after at this current point.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
You're going to be a star poster on these boards in no time.

More to the point, the only time I've seen Zibanejad pushed to the third line was so he could keep his position as a natural center. If you're going to be shifting him to wing anyways, it makes more sense to keep him on the second line. His offensive potential far outweighs Greening's.

Thanks. I here ya. My thought here was more a plug for Pageau than a knock on Zibanejad. I don't doubt his potential is greater than Greening's. He can play himself up the lineup. I think Greening is a more mature player right now.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Jagr is WAY too slow for us

I thought he played very well for Boston in the playoffs

No goals but he did get assists and overall I have to say I was impressed with how he handled himself being a 41 year old in the SCF

I wouldn't mind getting him but one thing I'm not surprised is that Murray said he wants too much money

Nothing wrong with that honestly, these are the final years and maximazing the money made now makes a lot of sense

Just doesn't fit with our internal budget

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
Sens should really sign Peter Mueller. He is young and very talented. Will fit perfectly under PM's system because he's a good skater with lots of skill. He has been held back because of injuries, but with a healthy season, he can definitely boost our 2nd line and chip in 50-60+ points

Turris + Mueller will be awesome.

Come on Murray, get it done!!

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Sens should really sign Peter Mueller. He is young and very talented. Will fit perfectly under PM's system because he's a good skater with lots of skill. He has been held back because of injuries, but with a healthy season, he can definitely boost our 2nd line and chip in 50-60+ points

But could we outbid the other 29 teams for his services :sarcasm:

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

I'm think we're right up against our internal cap as it is now

I don't forsee any extra dollars being spent on player salaries

If we did I'm pretty certain Murray would have gotten Ian White instead of Joe Corvo

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
But could we outbid the other 29 teams for his services :sarcasm:

A lot of teams have cap issues. We are one of the few teams who are playoff bound with a lot of cap space. We are in a real good shape to sign this guy. We are a young team, and so is Mueller who is looking for a fresh start and will be looking to get into the post-season.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
I'm think we're right up against our internal cap as it is now

I don't forsee any extra dollars being spent on player salaries

If we did I'm pretty certain Murray would have gotten Ian White instead of Joe Corvo

Possible. But, you Mueller significantly makes our team better without a doubt and I am pretty certain that he will only cost as much as MacArthur.

As far as Corvo signing goes, and Murray choosing him over White has to do more with the team needing an Offensive Dman. Pretty sure it has nothing to do with our internal budget. I can be wrong, though.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
melnyk has no money. we should take that into consideration. i think we're done adding

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Possible. But, you Mueller significantly makes our team better without a doubt and I am pretty certain that he will only cost as much as MacArthur.

As far as Corvo signing goes, and Murray choosing him over White has to do more with the team needing an Offensive Dman. Pretty sure it has nothing to do with our internal budget. I can be wrong, though.

White is better defensively, doesn't have any history of attitude problems, is younger and is also right handed

If money wasn't an issue I'm fairly confidant we could have gotten him

But this is all very speculative on my part, maybe White didn't want to play in Canada after playing for the Leafs and the Flames

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
When we trade Heatley for him, Cogliano and Smid.

Quick, get out your time machine!

We're wasting the time machine on that when we could tell Muckler to keep Chara instead of Redden!?!?!?

Or trade Alfie at the deadline a few months ago.

Milan the God*

We're wasting the time machine on that when we could tell Muckler to keep Chara instead of Redden!?!?!?

Or trade Alfie at the deadline a few months ago.

I read an article a while ago and apparently all the Sens management told Muckler they should re-sign Chara and not Redden :laugh:

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I read an article a while ago and apparently all the Sens management told Muckler they should re-sign Chara and not Redden :laugh:

Yes, but this ignores the fact that Chara was not going to re-sign with us regardless.

I can't find it right now (and I'm too lazy to keep looking, but this has been sourced many times before onHFSens, so I feel it's ok to put it here without having to link to it), but Chara has said in the past that Muckler screwing Hossa (Chara's BFF) over in the Heatley trade was a huge reason why he didn't re-sign with the Sens.

I mean, we can blame Muckler for not being able to retain Chara, but it's not because "Muckler picked Redden over Chara"... it's because Muckler essentially ostracized Chara by ******-trading his best friend, and Mucks had no say in the matter when it came time to re-sign Chara.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
Honestly can't remember where I read it today, but supposedly Murray had contact with Morrow's agent.

I will be extremely pissed off if we sign Morrow(at best a 3rd liner now), when we can sign Peter Meuller who is younger and brings speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark