Speculation: 2013 Offseason: UFAs, Trades, What's Next? | Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
I've heard from Leaf fans that MacArthur also has underrated playmaking ability, so should definitely benefit a line with Turris & Michalek. I have yet to see anyone suggest MacArthur up with Spezza & Ryan (not suggesting it), but that slot seems very much open to whatever complimentary player we want to go with.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I've heard from Leaf fans that MacArthur also has underrated playmaking ability, so should definitely benefit a line with Turris & Michalek. I have yet to see anyone suggest MacArthur up with Spezza & Ryan (not suggesting it), but that slot seems very much open to whatever complimentary player we want to go with.

Lol I just did in the post above you :P

I think McArthur can be an x-factor for that top-line LW position. He can score 20 goals, he has speed, gritty game and raises his intensity.

McArthur-Spezza-Ryan
Zibanejad-Turris-Michalek

Not bad...

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
Murray spoke today on the game-plan going forward...

Wayne Scanlan ‏@HockeyScanner 32m

Sens GM Bryan Murray will continue to pursue trade opps but could be done for summer. "I don't want to give up more kids if I can help it."

Wayne Scanlan ‏@HockeyScanner 31m

More Murray; "eventually we'll have to move a couple of young guys to get a piece." #Sens

Murray likes Jagr but thinks he's too expensive right now. Better fit at trade deadline. #Sens

King Karlsson

Gersei Chongar
Sep 30, 2011
Someone on twitter brought up a very good point: do you think Alfie knows the extent of Michalek, Spezza, and Karlsson's injuries and that is why he left? Maybe they aren't as healthy as we think?

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Wayne Scanlan ‏@HockeyScanner 32m
Sens GM Bryan Murray will continue to pursue trade opps but could be done for summer. "I don't want to give up more kids if I can help it."

Murray likes Jagr but thinks he's too expensive right now. Better fit at trade deadline. #Sens

That's... that's sort of a contradiction there, BMUR...

Last edited:

Iggy77

Oct 5, 2009
Ottawa, ON
Someone on twitter brought up a very good point: do you think Alfie knows the extent of Michalek, Spezza, and Karlsson's injuries and that is why he left? Maybe they aren't as healthy as we think?

I doubt it, all of those players should be pretty much ready to go when the season starts. Long term, it's anyone's guess how Spezza and Michalek's health will be.

I don't think he believes the team will be a legit contender before he retires and the team will not spend more to "speed things up"(not that there are any guarantees there).

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013

No, absolutely not. He left because he wanted to go to a legit contender.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012

Not really, Jagr can probably be had for a pick or maybe just one young player. It also depends on how he plays during the season; If he blows, we can easily acquire him.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Improving Sens - Changes to Lineup

I would be shocked if

Greening-Pageau-Condra didn't stick. That line was lethal together.

Zibanejad-Spezza-Ryan
McArthur-Turris-Michalek
Greening-Pageau-Condra
Conacher-Smith-Neil

Do not think that Conacher on the 4th line is a slight. He will alternate with Zibanejad.

Agreed on Greening , Pageau and Condra all sticking.
I like
Mickalek - Spezza - Ryan
McArther - Turris - Greening??? Id like to see an upgrade here Raymond / Jagr / Brunner and move Greening into Conachers slot
Zibabejad - Pageau - Condra
Conacher - Smith - Neil

Conacher is a 12/13 forward IMO.

sanityplease

Jun 21, 2011
Add a 2nd line RW (In the mold of Jagr, Hossa, good two way game, size, cup ring, declining is o.k.), plus a dependable #3 or #4 defensive dman (gritty) & this team is a serious contender.

Last edited:

Iggy77

Oct 5, 2009
Ottawa, ON
Jagr didn't seem to do a whole lot for Boston I don't know why anyone would want him, especially if he wants a lot of money.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Well, being that murray is most likely done for the summer, i guess all we have to do is now wait until the season begins. Ugh, it is going to be a long summer. I for one cannot wait until the new season starts.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa

I don't think you'll find a GM in the league who likes or wants to give up young assets. That being said depending on where we are he might do it if he thinks it will help us win.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Grate Feedbak

You're going to be a star poster on these boards in no time.

More to the point, the only time I've seen Zibanejad pushed to the third line was so he could keep his position as a natural center. If you're going to be shifting him to wing anyways, it makes more sense to keep him on the second line. His offensive potential far outweighs Greening's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad