Speculation: 2013 Offseason: UFAs, Trades, What's Next? | Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laphroaig

Aug 26, 2011
The Town Fun Forgot
I will be extremely pissed off if we sign Morrow(at best a 3rd liner now), when we can sign Peter Meuller who is younger and brings speed.

I remember what a great Junior age player Mueller was but his pro career has been decimated by various injuries. He's only a UFA today because the Florida Panthers failed to give him a qualifying offer. That's a pretty big red flag for me.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Morrow > Mueller

I also read that morrow has great leadership qualities, which is something that the sens need. So if murray does end up signing morrow over mueller, it will most likely be because of his leadership abilities.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I will be extremely pissed off if we sign Morrow(at best a 3rd liner now), when we can sign Peter Meuller who is younger and brings speed.

Offense is great and all but Mueller isn't going to be given much of a chance to produce here. What good is he in a checking role?

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Conacher-Spezza-Ryan
MacArthur-Turris-Michalek
Greening-Zibanejad-Mueller
Condra-Smith-Neil

:D

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Hows this for a lineup:

Spiderman-Superman-Batman
Captain America-Iron Man-Wolverine
Hawkeye-Thor-Loki
Robin-Green Lantern-Green Goblin

Bane-Joker
Silver Surfer-Nick Fury
Riddler-Sandman

The Hulk
Abomination

We can name them the Ottawa Avengers

Last edited:

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Offense is great and all but Mueller isn't going to be given much of a chance to produce here. What good is he in a checking role?

Who was he on a line with when he had that amazing hot streak at the end of 2009/2010? In Colorado? It says he is a centre. Has he played wing a lot as well? What was he playing as a rookie in his 52 point year? What line was he on? WAs that back when Gretzky coached the team?

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
How was Dziurzynski's year in bingo . I was really thinking he could replace smith's role at some point . Although i didnt see him play i heard he played a shut down role with stone .

Was ii. Started off slow but then again he played on a line with Stone and Grant as the Bingo shutdown line. He got called up and played a physical game but still very raw and needs more work on his game imo. Also, if we are talking about potential Smith replacement you have a better shot at picking Grant. Big bodied, fast and hard-working. Also deadly on the PK who also plays physical game. He too needs to hone his skills, was unbelievably lost in hist first NHL shift and got scored on against Toronto but played better in remaining games, imo.

This year will be more indicative of many of the Sens prospects.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Capgeek says David Dziurzynski's been re-signed. 1 year $640k.

http://www.capgeek.com/player/1688

Nice! I don't know how good he would be long term. I don't know enough about him. I do know that if Neil or Smith went down we would ABSOLUTELY lack a physical grinding bottom line player. If one or both were down we would almost have to call up Dziurzynski. Who else anywhere near NHL ready can play physical like he does and get by in the NHL without being completely useless? Do we have anyone else? Buddy Robinson?

It is where we will miss Noesen. Having a checking/physical prospect that can come up and play a checking role and has a real offensive touch too. We severely lack talented physical bottom or top line prospects. We have Lazar, but losing Noesen does hurt as he would be ready for call up duty this season. But as a door closes it opens. Pageau might have waited a year or two longer to really get his chance but fate let him show up at just the right time. Who knows fate could have Dziurzynski in our playoff line up! With Alfie on another team and Corvo coming back.. and for less then a million bucks. Getting Bobby Ryan for ONE roster player! Nothing can surprise me now. Nothing should surprise any of us.

Frankly I think Maclean has been watching tapes of the Jets when they struggled to score and had Byfuglien at forward... and lots and lots of Brett Burns tape. Clearly the messages are there. Corvo is back. Borowiecki signed to a two year deal. All of this is clearly a plan to fill the wing spot in our top 6. Phillips is going back to become the power forward the Senators should have kept him as when he was tried there back in his early days. The team wins like 85% of the time Phillips scores a goal. If he plays LW with Spezza and Ryan and ust parks himself in front of the goal with his stick on the ice.... Spezza and Ryan will just knock it off of him into the net. Phillips can get the C and just replace Alfie's spot in the lineup.

Last edited:

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
Buddy was very noticeable in the development camp scrimmage the other day but I'm not sure how much of that was potential and how much was just him being 6'5.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
Who was he on a line with when he had that amazing hot streak at the end of 2009/2010? In Colorado? It says he is a centre. Has he played wing a lot as well? What was he playing as a rookie in his 52 point year? What line was he on? WAs that back when Gretzky coached the team?

I don't know about his linemates and all that but yes he is a natural center. Can he play wing? I don't know. But, what I know is that he is very similar to Turris. A genuine 2nd line center who can put up 60 points. Turris may be a bit smarter and better defensively, but Mueller is a bit faster and a better skater. He has 'potential' to move Turris to wing.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
I also read that morrow has great leadership qualities, which is something that the sens need. So if murray does end up signing morrow over mueller, it will most likely be because of his leadership abilities.

Leadership qualities? Why do we need that? Just cause he is experienced? Phillips can provide that. He's more experienced and also provides leadership. I am done with all this crap about old guys providing leadership, after what Alfie did!!

You want a new leader to replace Alfie? Spezza is your answer. He is our new leader that will lead our next generation of young talent. Even Bobby Ryan and Karlsson are there to step up, who are or can be a part of our future. We don't need no oldies to fill that leadership void left by Alfie.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad