2013 Offseason: UFA's, Trades - Not long now! Part IX.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Waffler

Registered Offender
Jul 10, 2009
Planet Earth
When I proposed Zibby for Yak in another thread, I added a :sarcasm: meaning I was not serious. I knew Oilers fan would overreact to the idea. That is why I did not post it there. *sigh* it is impossible to talk trades with some groups.

I would appreciate it if you didn't talk down about our peers.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
i'm surprised daugy signed in switzerland instead of just going to Dinamo Riga. He counts as a domestic player for them, so should be quite valuable as a guy with a bunch of NHL experience.

King EK65

#KuldaApproved
Jun 26, 2013
Canada
i'm surprised daugy signed in switzerland instead of just going to Dinamo Riga. He counts as a domestic player for them, so should be quite valuable as a guy with a bunch of NHL experience.

Dinamo Riga is doing well without him though. Oh and he didn't even want to go to Riga as i see, he said that he signed with Switzerland because it's easier to get back in the NHL from there.

Berserker*

If we end up shipping out Da Costa to Calgary, I would like to see Murray try and get Michael Ferland in return. Ferland still has some decent upside but has lost a bit of favour with the organization, so there is a chance that he could be had. Ferland is also a physical power winger with top six potential, which we don't have a lot of in the organization.

Is a Da Costa for Ferland trade fair value?

Pavlikovsky

May 31, 2013
Gatineau, QC
If we end up shipping out Da Costa to Calgary, I would like to see Murray try and get Michael Ferland in return. Ferland still has some decent upside but has lost a bit of favour with the organization, so there is a chance that he could be had. Ferland is also a physical power winger with top six potential, which we don't have a lot of in the organization.

no clue you might want to ask a CGY fan

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com

Considering Da Costa has a date with the waiver wire I would consider any usable asset in return to be a win.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I think BM could do better for Da Costa than a plugger. Toronto has some cap issues & unless they plan on keeping Franson out of the NHL this season maybe there's a deal that could be done for Franson. I would look to trade Da Costa, Petersson & Corvo to Toronto for the 6'5" Franson RD. Corvo RD is an older offensive defenceman & costs much cheaper than Franson will cost, plus Toronto gets a sniper in Petersson who could be sent to the Marlies (no cap hit) & maybe they can trade Da Costa to Calgary for something if they don't want to keep him but he's cheap too. Ottawa gets a top 4 defencemen to play with Wiercioch on the 2nd pairing for this season & next yr Ceci & Gryba fight for ice time to be paired with Cowen, Phillips retires.

Methot - Karlsson
Wiercioch - Franson
Cowen - Phillips/Gryba

Topside

Jul 2, 2009

I watched Ferland in Brandon. He's awful and has major attitude problems.

Berserker*

I watched Ferland in Brandon. He's awful and has major attitude problems.

I didn't know this. He seems like a bit of a project, but I think or development staff could maximize his potential. Maybe they could turn him inot another Zack Kassian type of player. But if he has attitude problems, it might not be worth it.

Stassino

Oct 15, 2007
Ottawa, On
Turris has been criticized for his attitude. Hands up if you'd trade him back for Rundblad right now.

Sarcasm I'm thinking..

I know him personally, prolly one of the nicest 'PEOPLE' you will ever meet.. Plus he already has a few doggie saving charities and is a dog lover, which in reality = a good person ;)

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Andersons new mask:

right-400x300.png

Front-400x533.png

left-400x300.png

back-400x300.png

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Sarcasm I'm thinking..

I know him personally, prolly one of the nicest 'PEOPLE' you will ever meet.. Plus he already has a few doggie saving charities and is a dog lover, which in reality = a good person ;)

I second this.

Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch 1m

Senators have placed C Jim O'Brien on waivers. #Sens

Boom.

Nice. Da Costa will not be waived (as expected though). That means we're going to waive DD and Hoffman if we want to keep Pageau up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad