Speculation: 2013 Offseason Thread Part VI: Buyout Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh3217

May 30, 2013
Someone who cam put the puck in the net? What is this why would we want him,?

Not only can he put the puck in the net, he plays physical, he is a leader, and he makes $2.5 mil a year... one of the best bargains in the league IMO.

slipknottin

Apr 11, 2011
CT
He never said that. He would rather the top 6 physical player rather than wait to see if the potential may or may not come. Nothing wrong with that and I don't agree with him much

Like I said, there is a constant desire on these forums to add 30+ year old injury prone players.

As if we learned nothing from the richards deal.

Now add on top of it the trading of top prospects to do it.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Well, mercifully we didn't fold to Dallas and give them a bunch of assets at the deadline for Richards.

Kershaw

Like I said, there is a constant desire on these forums to add 30+ year old injury prone players.

As if we learned nothing from the richards deal.

Now add on top of it the trading of top prospects to do it.

That's not true. I'm heavily against re-signing Ryane Clowe.

slipknottin

Apr 11, 2011
CT
That's not true. I'm heavily against re-signing Ryane Clowe.

:laugh: I didnt say that folks here want to sign EVERY 30+ year old injury prone player.

But its a constant thing. Somehow the rangers are going to get this 30+ year old player, and that player is magically going to stay healthy, and improve with age.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Not only can he put the puck in the net, he plays physical, he is a leader, and he makes $2.5 mil a year... one of the best bargains in the league IMO.

He has also had 20 plus goals the last 3 years on a **** team. He's a damn bargain at 2.5m and would instantly be on our top 6

Kershaw

:laugh: I didnt say that folks here want to sign EVERY 30+ year old injury prone player.

But its a constant thing. Somehow the rangers are going to get this 30+ year old player, and that player is magically going to stay healthy, and improve with age.

Meh not really. If Glencross maintains his production at Calgary (40-50pt pace, goal scoring machine) then I would have no hesitation giving one of Kreider or Miller in return.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
What if Kreider becomes what he can be but takes 3 or 4 more years to do it? What's the Rangers Window etc? All these things would have to be taken into coconsideration

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Meh not really. If Glencross maintains his production at Calgary (40-50pt pace, goal scoring machine) then I would have no hesitation giving one of Kreider or Miller in return.

He's also maintained his shooting percentage 3 straight years

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
He has also had 20 plus goals the last 3 years on a **** team. He's a damn bargain at 2.5m and would instantly be on our top 6

Not necessarily true. Part of the reason he scored 20+ goals the last years could be because the team he was on has a significant lack of offensive talent so he was getting more minutes in a more offensice role than he would have elsewhere.

And a main reason he scored 26 goals two years ago is because of a ridiculous 24% shooting percentage which he will not repeat.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Not necessarily true. Part of the reason he scored 20+ goals the last years could be because the team he was on has a significant lack of offensive talent so he was getting more minutes in a more offensice role than he would have elsewhere.

He would get those same top 6 minutes here and Pp mind etc. Nash, Stepan, cally, Hagelin..?? ??Edit forgot brassard

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
And a main reason he scored 26 goals two years ago is because of a ridiculous 24% shooting percentage which he will not repeat.

He also scored 24 the year before and prorate this year he's about right there again

Josh3217

May 30, 2013
I had fun on capgeek.com because that is what I like to do. I got rid of Hagelin, MZA, Richards, Powe, Pyatt, Asham, Boyle, Girardi, DZ, Strals, Kreider. I have unrealistic wishes that won't be liked by others. Each line can score, be good defensively, and play physical.

Clowe-Stepan-Nash
MacArthur-Brassard-Callahan
Morrow-Weiss-Beleskey
Nystrom-Lapierre-Dorsett

McDonagh-Scuderi
Staal-McBain
Moore-Whitney

I know this is completely unrealistic. I hate myself for it. Flame away!

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Yea he's a fine player basically a 20 goal/45 pt guy on a good contract. I wouldn't expect much more than that though. He's also missed games every year.

The truth is though we HOPE Kreider can become a 20/45 player and he's making about a million more than Kreider for proven production.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad