Speculation: 2013 Offseason Thread Part VI: Buyout Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

slipknottin

Apr 11, 2011
CT
Rangers have a lot of homegrown talent but this isn't Miracle u don't win a cup with all homegrown talent, even Chicago and Boston made trades and signings

And both of them are loaded with youth talent. Better than the rangers have.

Cant have it both ways.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Well the difference here is you think Miller has no potential to be a ~40+ point guy. Rangers seem to think he will be.

If Miller is a ~40+ point guy then theres no way you move him. If you think he never has that upside, then you move him, and you shouldnt have drafted him in the first round when there were other players with that kind of potential still there (like Saad, for example)

That's nothing new with the Rangers. They have missed first round how many times? Edit.. I'm not saying Miller IS a miss at all just pointing out the facts

slipknottin

Apr 11, 2011
CT
That's nothing new with the Rangers. They have missed first round how many times?

Im not saying they cant miss, Im saying they clearly believe at this point that they havent.

That you have already decided a 20 year old player after ~25 games in the NHL has no upside and should be moved for 30 year old injury prone players is pretty telling though

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Because 55% of the posters on here really don't understand hockey 87% never played the game .. They see a name they like and just toss trades out there

Or because people have differences and opinions of a players worth. Kreider and Miller have a lot of potential but most Ranger fans Really overrate them but yet underrate the hell out of del Zotto who has proved so much more

Josh3217

May 30, 2013
Kreider-Brassard-Nash
Hagelin-Stepan-Callahan
Clowe-xxx-xxx
xxx-Boyle-Dorsett

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-xxx
Moore-Stralman

Two LW's with not a ton of experience could be an issue. Pass on Briere, Bickell, Horton, Clarkson all will want tons of money.

I like McLeod or Nystrom for the 4th line LW spot.

Rumors about Rangers talking with CGY about a multi player deal. Does DZ get moved?

Curtis Glencross and Lee Stempniak are the only two interesting players to me. Both could be very good third liners.

Could Rangers move into the top 30 in this draft with a pick from CGY?

Fill out the xxx's with some size and grit, hope that Kreider can play a top six role.

Kershaw

Are you serious?

Why would you trade a possible future star for a 30 year old injury prone player who has never even had 50 points in a season?

Who is the 'future star' and who is the proven top 6, physical winger?

He didn't break 50 pts in a season, but he had 48 pts, 26G last year in only 67 games. Over a prorated 82 GP season, his numbers would be:

82 GP 31 G 23 A 54 Pts

And this shortened season on pace numbers:

82 GP 31 g 22 a 53 Pts

Kreider is a huge question mark, while Glencross has been a steady top 6 winger for a few years now.

And Kreider or Miller don't have close value to MDZ either.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
People are allowed to advocate trading prospects, whether you agree with the value or not.

slipknottin

Apr 11, 2011
CT
People are allowed to advocate trading prospects, whether you agree with the value or not.

and we are allowed to tell them they are nuts for wanting to trade top prospects for 30+ year old players who are declining.

Of course there were what, 3 people on this forum against signing richards to a massive contract, and I got flamed for hating that idea constantly. No moderators jumped in to defend then

Kershaw

Because 55% of the posters on here really don't understand hockey 87% never played the game .. They see a name they like and just toss trades out there

Bob McKenzie or Pierre LeBrun haven't played the game either....

Josh3217

May 30, 2013
We did this last year with Clowe and relying on Kreider too much and it bit us in the ass

Clowe was good until he got hurt. I don't even like Kreider but I don't say it on here because I say the same for MZA and people flame so hard that I don't even want to touch Kreider because I would get murdered.

slipknottin

Apr 11, 2011
CT
How is he declining when his numbers have gone UP the past 3 years (pro rating this year)?

Numbers are only part of the story. He will be 31 during the next season, and when was the last time he played an entire season?

Players dont get more durable with age. We all know this.

This is another one of this forums "this old injury prone player will come in and be tremendous for the next 5 years" except this time we are including wanting to trade away top prospects for him

Kershaw

If you believe the rangers dont think Kreider/Miller are future stars, or at least top line players.

I'll be eating a ton of crow if either of them become star players. Their AHL production and inconsistent NHL play certainly doesn't indicate that.

Classic overrating of prospects.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
If you believe the rangers dont think Kreider/Miller are future stars, or at least top line players.

He never said that. He would rather the top 6 physical player rather than wait to see if the potential may or may not come. Nothing wrong with that and I don't agree with him much

Josh3217

May 30, 2013
Glencross also has a solid shooting percentage over the past 3 years. 16.1, 23.6, 16.3

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Clowe was good until he got hurt. I don't even like Kreider but I don't say it on here because I say the same for MZA and people flame so hard that I don't even want to touch Kreider because I would get murdered.

And he was horrible for how many games before those few he was good for us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad