Speculation: 2013 Offseason Thread Part VI: Buyout Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
So you replied by making a random generalization without quoting him? Yeah, I'll buy that.

Not worth it. I'll agree to disagree.

Wow I'm so sorry I forgot to hit the quote button. I must have been really confusing to distinguish what I was referring to with my post like 2-3 after.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Seems pretty obvious to me, but if you're going to argue that Lindberg shouldn't be penciled in because he has yet to skate in the NHL, well....:sarcasm:

Because that's the smart thing to do. Anyway, please try to underarm the context of my post before responding. :)

AWall THE CLAW

Jul 23, 2010
So, what do you think they are going to wind up naming the divisions? Bettman confirmed they will have geographic names. It's also confirmed that Eastern and Western Conference will be retained.

Atlantic, Central/Midwest, and Western/Pacific seems to be obvious... but what the hell do you name the DET, OTT, MON, TOR, BOS, BUF, FLA, TBL division? They were going to call it the Central... but that's just stupid.

This is relevant to us because, due to the cockamamie new playoff format, we could wind up being that division's champion. :shakehead

I hope they tell the FL teams to shut up and just deal with being called the Northeast.

Josh3217

May 30, 2013
Lapierre is such a rat. The only way I want him is if he drops the gloves more for all the dumb s*** he does.

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano
Glencross will not be traded. He has a NMC and he signed his contract with the president of the Flames Ken King, not the GM, on a horseback ride.
Feaster will not dream of asking him to waive it.

Shedding light on a business meeting no other NHL team can likely boast, Craig Conroy detailed a recent horseback ride by Calgary Flames president Ken King and Curtis Glencross that led to the player’s new contract.

Instead, the Flames threw in a coveted no-movement clause (NMC) — a clause many agents use as currency.

While Feaster is well aware the club’s recent problems stem somewhat from its league-leading number of NMCs (11), he said it was hard to ask Glencross for such a discount without the assurance he’d remain where he can rope and ride daily.

After all, Andrew Ference got burned a few years back by signing for less to stay in Calgary only to be traded soon thereafter.

Branding cows on the weekend and out in the pasture Monday morning when contacted by King, Glencross is a Saskatchewan native who is as Albertan as anyone the Flames have ever employed. How many other players have spent their summers helping pals out on the chuckwagon circuit and living out of a trailer?

http://www.ottawasun.com/2011/05/17/cross-him-off-flames-todo-list

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano
Lindberg gets ridiculously overrated around here.

What is this based on?
Guy had a great season in the SEL, finishing it in style by winning the Stefan Liv Memorial Trophy as MVP of the playoffs.
His production: 4-8-12 in 13 games, finished joint top of playoff scoring and his +13 rating placed him second among all skaters in plus/minus.
His face-off wins (60% for the post-season).
Overrated? I think not, but I'd love to hear your argument.

What if Kreider becomes what he can be but takes 3 or 4 more years to do it? What's the Rangers Window etc? All these things would have to be taken into coconsideration

What if he doesn't?

This is why the rangers cant have nice things.

Everyone loves to move the youngsters for 30+ year old guys.

It's called instant gratification, don't you know?
Who has time to wait for a prospect when they can get a 30 year old that can produce slightly better at 10 times the cost.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
So, what do you think they are going to wind up naming the divisions? Bettman confirmed they will have geographic names. It's also confirmed that Eastern and Western Conference will be retained.

Atlantic, Central/Midwest, and Western/Pacific seems to be obvious... but what the hell do you name the DET, OTT, MON, TOR, BOS, BUF, FLA, TBL division? They were going to call it the Central... but that's just stupid.

This is relevant to us because, due to the cockamamie new playoff format, we could wind up being that division's champion. :shakehead

I hope they tell the FL teams to shut up and just deal with being called the Northeast.

The Northeastsouth

Josh3217

May 30, 2013
What is this based on?
Guy had a great season in the SEL, finishing it in style by winning the Stefan Liv Memorial Trophy as MVP of the playoffs.
His production: 4-8-12 in 13 games, finished joint top of playoff scoring and his +13 rating placed him second among all skaters in plus/minus.
His face-off wins (60% for the post-season).
Overrated? I think not, but I'd love to hear your argument.

What if he doesn't?

The argument is that he is going to be coming to smaller ice, with bigger more physical players, the best players in the world. Nobody knows what he can do over here yet.

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano
The argument is that he is going to be coming to smaller ice, with bigger more physical players, the best players in the world. Nobody knows what he can do over here yet.

SEL is the 2nd best league in the world, i am confident that anybody who win the playoffs MVP can wing it in the NHL.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
SEL is the 2nd best league in the world, i am confident that anybody who win the playoffs MVP can wing it in the NHL.

Zucc won that award didn't he? If he was normal sized we'd all be talking about him as one of the best players in the NHL in my opinion.

Josh3217

May 30, 2013

I am not saying he won't be able to. All I am saying is we don't know what he will do.

Josh3217

May 30, 2013
I can buy that, but I can't buy "ridiculously" overrated.

Haha. Neither can I, that is why I wasn't part of that conversation. Personally, I would give him a year in Hartford, maybe playing with Miller and Fast.

Josh3217

May 30, 2013
Any good UFA 3rd line centers out there? All I see is 4th line centers and 2nd line centers.

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano
So there is a history between AV and Pyatt, What are the chances that he stays? I don't like that one bit.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
He [Lindberg] is overrated in the sense in that around the league he is hardly considered a big time prospect yet around here people think he is ready to come over right now and perform at an above average 3rd line center role. It's a classic case of overvaluing your own prospects - every team does it with their guys. Now I'm not saying he isn't/can't be a good player but expecting it now is way too much.

Josh3217

May 30, 2013
Does Sather go after the bought out players? Briere, Vinny L (if he is), Samuelsson, Komisarek?

member 116805

Zucc won that award didn't he? If he was normal sized we'd all be talking about him as one of the best players in the NHL in my opinion.

Zucc was regular season season MVP (Gullhjelmen).
Lindberg won the swedish "Conn Smythe" for PO's MVP

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Zucc, one of the best in the NHL? Ha.

if you ask me we probably would. He's got insane vision and hockey sense and some serious passing ability. If he were 6 feet tall and 200 pounds he'd be an astronomically more effective player.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Zucc was regular season season MVP (Gullhjelmen).
Lindberg won the swedish "Conn Smythe" for PO's MVP

okay well I didn't know that but I was making a point that the SEL isn't a vastly inferior or different league to the NHL like some people believe.

Josh3217

May 30, 2013
if you ask me we probably would. He's got insane vision and hockey sense and some serious passing ability. If he were 6 feet tall and 200 pounds he'd be an astronomically more effective player.

I guess I can agree if he had size he would be a lot more effective. I guess that is why I don't like him. Being 5'7 could really hurt what could have been a long NHL career. I don't see him staying in North America for more than a year or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany