Speculation: 2013 Offseason Thread Part IV: SCF, end. Trades, begin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowtron

Feb 27, 2002
Earth
I. Not going to go as far as Orr but this team needs to address the lack of toughness and aggressiveness all over the lineup. It's not just the offense either.

Agreed. Watching the Bruins/Hawks really shows how little chance the Rangers have of winning anything until they can collectively raise their game to the next level.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I wonder if the Rangers would buy low on Havlat after he basically alienated himself from the rest of the team. Typical Sather reclamation project.

Vancouver could be just about anyone. Rights to Lapierre for future considerations maybe.

Carolina is most likely a low pick for McBain. I can't see the Rangers doing a big deal, if any at all before Sunday. Even then, it sucks we don't have a 1st this year, but I think they can get as good of a prospect at 40-50 overall trading two 3rd's as they can at 22nd or wherever they would have picked.

Demers from SJ would make sense.

Bieksa from Vancouver.

McBain from Carolina.

Any of them spell a dman on the way out.

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
I bet this guys were all can't miss as well:

Pos. Drafted From Drafted By
2012 Morgan Rielly D Moose Jaw (WHL) Toronto Maple Leafs
2011 Ryan Strome C Niagara (OHL) New York Islanders
2010 Nino Niederreiter LW Portland (WHL) New York Islanders
2009 Brayden Schenn C Brandon (WHL) Los Angeles Kings
2008 Luke Schenn D Kelowna Toronto Maple Leafs
2007 Karl Alzner D Calgary Hitman (WHL) Washington Capitals
2006 Phil Kessel C Minnesota (WCHA) Boston Bruins
2005 Carey Price G Tri-City Americans (WHL) Montreal Canadiens
2004 Blake Wheeler RW Breck School (Minn.) Phoenix Coyotes
2003 Thomas Vanek LW/RW U. of Minnesota (NCAA) Buffalo Sabres
2002 Ryan Whitney D Boston University (NCAA) Pittsburgh Penguins
2001 Stanislav Chistov LW Omsk Avangard (Russia) Anaheim Ducks
2000 Raffi Torres LW Brampton Battalion (OHL) New York Islanders
1999 Tim Connolly C Erie Otters (OHL) New York Islanders
1998 Vitali Vishnevsky D Torpedo-2 Yaroslavl (Russia) Anaheim Ducks
1997 Eric Brewer D Prince George Cougars (WHL) New York Islanders
1996 Richard Jackman D Sault-Ste.-Marie Greyhounds (OHL) Dallas Stars
1995 Daymond Langkow C Tri-City Americans (WHL) Tampa Bay Lightning
1994 Jeff O'Neill C Guelph Storm (OHL) Hartford Whalers
1993 Rob Niedermayer C Medicine Hat Tigers (WHL) Florida Panthers
1992 Darius Kasparaitis D Moscow Dynamo (Russia) New York Islanders
1991 Aaron Ward D U. of Michigan (NCAA) Winnipeg Jets
1990 Jaromir Jagr RW Kladno (Czech) Pittsburgh Penguins
1989 Bill Guerin RW Springfield Olympics (NEJHL) New Jersey Devils
1988 Daniel Dore RW Drummondville Voltigeurs (QMJHL) Quebuc Nordiques
1987 Chris Joseph D Seattle Thunderbirds (WHL) Pittsburgh Penguins
1986 Shawn Anderson D Canadian National Team (Intl) Buffalo Sabres
1985 Dana Murzyn D Calgary Wranglers (WHL) Hartford Whalers
1984 Petr Svoboda D Czechoslovakia Jr. Montreal Canadiens
1983 Tom Barrasso G Acton-Boxboro H.S. (Mass.) Buffalo Sabres
1981 Joe Cirella D Oshawa Generals (OHL) Colorado Rockies
1980 Darren Veitch D Regina Pats (WHL) Washington Capitals

32 5th picks in the draft...6 impact players...Barrasso, Guerin, Jagr, Vanek, Price, Kessel, maybe 7 if we count Svoboda, do you guys even know who that is...

and then the rest are a miss mosh of good players and bust and some still developing...so, is the 5th pick a slam dunk...

I don't think you quite understand. This year's draft is extremely top heavy in that the top 6 prospects would all likely have gone top 2 in recent drafts. A pick in this top 5 is excellent. Every one of MacKinnon, Jones, Barkov, Drouin, and Nischuskin could be drafted at #1 and nobody would say "Wow what a terrible pick."

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Not arguing that, just giving my opinion on the player.

That's fine. But with the way Lundqvist answered reporters after the playoffs, this team is and has been in win now mode. We need to sign Henrik to a new contract. I highly, highly doubt he is going anywhere. BUT, he isn't getting any younger. We need to be a contender every year for the next 3-5 years while he is still playing in his prime. We shouldn't be trading a YOUNG player in Del Zotto who has a good contract currently and produces offensively, for younger assets to build for the future. The future is now. Otherwise Tortorella would still be here.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
So apparently Rangers are dealing with the flames (eklund) and could be van, Sj, or car. Wow sather is busy lol. Maybe we need to get busy resigning our rfas first though just a thought

Orr Nightmare

Nov 18, 2009
That makes it even worse. That means you bought into the bs "scouting report" Orr Nightmare copy and pasted. Have you seen these guys play? I haven't. That's because they have barely sniffed the NHL. I guarantee he hasn't either. I have seen Del Zotto play and he has already proven to be a 40+ point defenseman and in a system that had stressed defense heavily.

It's like people claiming McDonagh is a world better than Shattenkirk. Probably have seen Shattenkirk play 5 games max. I have watched him a helluva lot because I like the Blues organization. McDonagh is better overall but not by much.

your a fun guy or boy...Johnny Boychuk was traded to Bruins for Matt Hendrick by Av's..he was unproven but has turned out to be a top 4 dman in this league.

I have followed Oleksiak since he was drafted...I copied and pasted to prove a point that scouts and sites that are dedicated to prospects think this guy is legit...but you know better....you probably had to look up his name to figure out who he was.

anyone who says that Del Zotto is dominate doesn't know **** about hockey. I like del Zotto but he is nothing special...because he put up 40 points doesn't mean squat if you cant play your position...everyone loves offensive dmen...just like the ducks when they fell in love with Whitney and gave up Kunitz and when Stars fell in love with alex goligoski

iamitter

Thornton's Hen
May 19, 2011
NYC
Is Del Zotto better than Hedman?...this kid can be just as good and maybe even better. Ritchie has 41 goals and didn't put the effort in half the time. I like to win hockey games and this time will not beat the elite teams with #4 sliding on his ass like a clown and making terrible reads...but I like goons...I don't know better

I remember when Pavel Brendl was the next Jagr and Jamie Lundmark was the next Yzerman and when Montoya was the next Patrick Roy and when alexander diagle was the next Mario.

Every year there are all these high impact prospects and some are stars, some suck and some are ok...you want to trade a guy who was playing the best hockey of his career before a puck hit him in the face for McBain and I though Sather was bad.

Your two posts kinda contradict each other. You keep saying prospects sometimes don't pan out and you're advocating trading a proven piece for two unproven ones.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
So apparently Rangers are dealing with the flames (eklund) and could be van, Sj, or car. Wow sather is busy lol. Maybe we need to get busy resigning our rfas first though just a thought

I'm sure they have contacted all the teams.

Glencross would be my guess from Calgary. Or Cammalleri.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Demers from SJ would make sense.

Bieksa from Vancouver.

McBain from Carolina.

Any of them spell a dman on the way out.

I can't see Bieksa. He's too well liked in Vancouver unless we ridiculously overpay.

Demers and McBain I can see. A "B" level prospect for either. They would be brought in to add to the D corps. Unless the Rangers have a deal in place involving Del Zotto for a top 6 forward, the timing doesn't make much sense.

Orr Nightmare

Nov 18, 2009
Hopefully he will be....for Dallas. I'd rather hold onto Del Zotto.

oh wait, he will be now or he wont be..I say he is going to be good and you said he wont but someone else said he is going to be good and you say he will be...some conviction on your part...

Orr Nightmare

Nov 18, 2009
Your two posts kinda contradict each other. You keep saying prospects sometimes don't pan out and you're advocating trading a proven piece for two unproven ones.

I am willing to trade a proven piece who is a good player but not a great one for 2 players that might be great...I am not looking to trade a very good player (Staal) for a pick...

We traded away Marc Savard for a pick and for 10 years...that guy smeared **** on our face.

Del Zotto is a good player but nothing special...I would have preferred John Carlson in that draft.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I can't see Bieksa. He's too well liked in Vancouver unless we ridiculously overpay.

Demers and McBain I can see. A "B" level prospect for either. They would be brought in to add to the D corps. Unless the Rangers have a deal in place involving Del Zotto for a top 6 forward, the timing doesn't make much sense.

I would think that would be the plan. And if they are looking at an offensive dman like McBain or Demers, to me, that means MDZ is on the move for a forward, not Staal.

Championship*

I am willing to trade a proven piece who is a good player but not a great one for 2 players that might be great...I am not looking to trade a very good player (Staal) for a pick...

We traded away Marc Savard for a pick and for 10 years...that guy smeared **** on our face.

Del Zotto is a good player but nothing special...I would have preferred John Carlson in that draft.

You can't bash people for wanting a high draft pick and then say this statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $200.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland