Speculation: 2013 Offseason Thread Part IV: SCF, end. Trades, begin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lip

Jul 9, 2009
Albany
@NHLRumorsDaily says rangers closing in on a deal. Possibly with Van, Sj or Car. Obviously take with a grain of salt, but at this time of the year, never know

NJRangers35

Apr 11, 2011
I feel like this is the team we are most likely going to see next year. The question is can this team make a deep playoff run? I do not think there is enough offense but hopefully I am proven wrong.

Kreider-Stepan-Nash
Clowe-Brassard-MZA
Hagelin-Miller-Callahan
Nystrom/Raymond-Boyle-Dorsett

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-MDZ
Moore-Stralman

Lundqvist

Playoffs yes. Stanley Cup I don't think so.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
@NHLRumorsDaily says rangers closing in on a deal. Possibly with Van, Sj or Car. Obviously take with a grain of salt, but at this time of the year, never know

Obviously we are getting both Sedins.. And who??

Championship*

Take anything thats not from a reliable source with an ocean of salt

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Del Zotto has had 1 good year, 1 ok year and 2 bad years.

This is the numbers that matter the most to me:

2011-2012 Rangers 20 2 8 10 -4 12 1 0 1 35 5.7
2012-2013 Rangers 12 1 1 2 -3 8 0 0 0 17 5.9
NHL Totals 32 3 9 12 -7 20 1 0 1 52 5.8

32 games 12 points and a minus 7 in the playoffs...nobody loved Del Zotto more than Torts...he could make mistake after mistake and this kid always found the ice...maybe it was because we didn't have the depth but he is suppose to be this offensive whiz and all I saw was him ruin power plays...his defense is average at best...

I guess we should trade Nash and Stepan too right? Please spare us the crap covered up with more crap. He has had 3 solid years out of 4 considering he is under 25 years of age. His contract term is very favorable His play has improved especially since the demotion. No one played well in this past year's playoffs other than Brassard frankly. Del Zotto had a series clinching goal last year. He was bad in the NJ series when his grandmother passed away. Give it a ****ing rest orr nightmare...

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Christ, more craziness.

Two unproven players for a 40+ point defenseman who is 23 years old. And that would be a steal for us? Dallas would be laughing all the way to the bank. Thankfully you two are not running the rangers.

That's like trading Zubov for crap all over again.

yeah, I edited and didn't realize they both haven't played in the NHL now. I feel like a headcase atm don't worry.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
I feel like this is the team we are most likely going to see next year. The question is can this team make a deep playoff run? I do not think there is enough offense but hopefully I am proven wrong.

Kreider-Stepan-Nash
Clowe-Brassard-MZA
Hagelin-Miller-Callahan
Nystrom/Raymond-Boyle-Dorsett

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-MDZ
Moore-Stralman

Lundqvist

Playoffs yes. Stanley Cup I don't think so.

If Kreider, MZA, AND clowe are in our top 6.. Yikes

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
A draft pick is always a crap shoot. Getting back just that pick would be a bad move. Something like Jordan returned to Pittsburgh makes the most sense.

Agree with you there. What would be a good return for Staal?

Faulk + 5th overall?
Skinner + 5th overall?

Championship*

Marc is better at what he does than Jordan is at what he does. He also plays a position that is a DESPERATE need for the hurricanes.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013

I don't see how he/she/they are reliable but they've been right about specific players and trades quite a few times. I try not to take whatever it says seriously.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I. Not going to go as far as Orr but this team needs to address the lack of toughness and aggressiveness all over the lineup. It's not just the offense either.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Del Zotto has had 1 good year, 1 ok year and 2 bad years.

This is the numbers that matter the most to me:

2011-2012 Rangers 20 2 8 10 -4 12 1 0 1 35 5.7
2012-2013 Rangers 12 1 1 2 -3 8 0 0 0 17 5.9
NHL Totals 32 3 9 12 -7 20 1 0 1 52 5.8

32 games 12 points and a minus 7 in the playoffs...nobody loved Del Zotto more than Torts...he could make mistake after mistake and this kid always found the ice...maybe it was because we didn't have the depth but he is suppose to be this offensive whiz and all I saw was him ruin power plays...his defense is average at best...

His defence was very good last season. At times he was our best D-man and downright dominant. Del Zotto's biggest issue is inconsistency. To be expected from a 22 year old.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
yeah, I edited and didn't realize they both haven't played in the NHL now. I feel like a headcase atm don't worry.

That makes it even worse. That means you bought into the bs "scouting report" Orr Nightmare copy and pasted. Have you seen these guys play? I haven't. That's because they have barely sniffed the NHL. I guarantee he hasn't either. I have seen Del Zotto play and he has already proven to be a 40+ point defenseman and in a system that had stressed defense heavily.

It's like people claiming McDonagh is a world better than Shattenkirk. Probably have seen Shattenkirk play 5 games max. I have watched him a helluva lot because I like the Blues organization. McDonagh is better overall but not by much.

Orr Nightmare

Nov 18, 2009
I bet this guys were all can't miss as well:

Pos. Drafted From Drafted By
2012 Morgan Rielly D Moose Jaw (WHL) Toronto Maple Leafs
2011 Ryan Strome C Niagara (OHL) New York Islanders
2010 Nino Niederreiter LW Portland (WHL) New York Islanders
2009 Brayden Schenn C Brandon (WHL) Los Angeles Kings
2008 Luke Schenn D Kelowna Toronto Maple Leafs
2007 Karl Alzner D Calgary Hitman (WHL) Washington Capitals
2006 Phil Kessel C Minnesota (WCHA) Boston Bruins
2005 Carey Price G Tri-City Americans (WHL) Montreal Canadiens
2004 Blake Wheeler RW Breck School (Minn.) Phoenix Coyotes
2003 Thomas Vanek LW/RW U. of Minnesota (NCAA) Buffalo Sabres
2002 Ryan Whitney D Boston University (NCAA) Pittsburgh Penguins
2001 Stanislav Chistov LW Omsk Avangard (Russia) Anaheim Ducks
2000 Raffi Torres LW Brampton Battalion (OHL) New York Islanders
1999 Tim Connolly C Erie Otters (OHL) New York Islanders
1998 Vitali Vishnevsky D Torpedo-2 Yaroslavl (Russia) Anaheim Ducks
1997 Eric Brewer D Prince George Cougars (WHL) New York Islanders
1996 Richard Jackman D Sault-Ste.-Marie Greyhounds (OHL) Dallas Stars
1995 Daymond Langkow C Tri-City Americans (WHL) Tampa Bay Lightning
1994 Jeff O'Neill C Guelph Storm (OHL) Hartford Whalers
1993 Rob Niedermayer C Medicine Hat Tigers (WHL) Florida Panthers
1992 Darius Kasparaitis D Moscow Dynamo (Russia) New York Islanders
1991 Aaron Ward D U. of Michigan (NCAA) Winnipeg Jets
1990 Jaromir Jagr RW Kladno (Czech) Pittsburgh Penguins
1989 Bill Guerin RW Springfield Olympics (NEJHL) New Jersey Devils
1988 Daniel Dore RW Drummondville Voltigeurs (QMJHL) Quebuc Nordiques
1987 Chris Joseph D Seattle Thunderbirds (WHL) Pittsburgh Penguins
1986 Shawn Anderson D Canadian National Team (Intl) Buffalo Sabres
1985 Dana Murzyn D Calgary Wranglers (WHL) Hartford Whalers
1984 Petr Svoboda D Czechoslovakia Jr. Montreal Canadiens
1983 Tom Barrasso G Acton-Boxboro H.S. (Mass.) Buffalo Sabres
1981 Joe Cirella D Oshawa Generals (OHL) Colorado Rockies
1980 Darren Veitch D Regina Pats (WHL) Washington Capitals

32 5th picks in the draft...6 impact players...Barrasso, Guerin, Jagr, Vanek, Price, Kessel, maybe 7 if we count Svoboda, do you guys even know who that is...

and then the rest are a miss mosh of good players and bust and some still developing...so, is the 5th pick a slam dunk...

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Agree with you there. What would be a good return for Staal?

Faulk + 5th overall?
Skinner + 5th overall?

Hard to say as the Canes don't really have many cheap, controllable assets to move outside of that pick.

Skinner + 5th is too much unless they are all of a sudden looking to move skinner and there is little market for him.

I would rather they moved him for other pieces and some of them come back to the Rangers.

Obviously that gets complicated.

Carolina is not moving Faulk

NJRangers35

Apr 11, 2011
If Kreider, MZA, AND clowe are in our top 6.. Yikes

I agree with you but the writing is on the wall. The team seems committed to bringing back MZA. Signing him locks you in at RW with Nash/Callahan/MZA/Dorsett. It is being reported the Rangers want to bring back Clowe. You sign Clowe and you are locked in at LW with some combination of Kreider/Hagelin/Clowe. Not many opportunities to make moves.

Championship*

I. Not going to go as far as Orr but this team needs to address the lack of toughness and aggressiveness all over the lineup. It's not just the offense either.

I agree, trading Del Zotto to address that issue doesn't help us though

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
That makes it even worse. That means you bought into the bs "scouting report" Orr Nightmare copy and pasted. Have you seen these guys play? I haven't. That's because they have barely sniffed the NHL. I guarantee he hasn't either. I have seen Del Zotto play and he has already proven to be a 40+ point defenseman and in a system that had stressed defense heavily.

It's like people claiming McDonagh is a world better than Shattenkirk. Probably have seen Shattenkirk play 5 games max. I have watched him a helluva lot because I like the Blues organization. McDonagh is better overall but not by much.

Oleksiak is going to be very good very soon.

Championship*

I would add the get Skinner and the 5, and I have faith that Slats could get it.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
I wonder if the Rangers would buy low on Havlat after he basically alienated himself from the rest of the team. Typical Sather reclamation project.

Vancouver could be just about anyone. Rights to Lapierre for future considerations maybe.

Carolina is most likely a low pick for McBain. I can't see the Rangers doing a big deal, if any at all before Sunday. Even then, it sucks we don't have a 1st this year, but I think they can get as good of a prospect at 40-50 overall trading two 3rd's as they can at 22nd or wherever they would have picked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA