Speculation: 2013 Offseason Thread Part III: Free Agents Suck

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I really do not like our LWers. We need a true 1st line LW. Maybe something like this would be better?

Nash- step- zucc
Kreider- brass- cally
Hags- miller- fast
Nystrom-Boyle-Dorsett

If we do this we are weak on RW. We need some good wingers:laugh:

That's actually a pretty good set of Lwers. Clowe, Hagelin, Kreider and Nystrom.

If Clowe wants too much, look at Raymond.

KreidertheGlider

MDZ for NYR Blueline
May 31, 2012
Rochester, NY
Well i will respect your opinion if you watch him that closely.

Sorry if I came off too strong:laugh:

I hate Stafford with a passion. My least favorite Sabres by far for the reasons I mentioned.

I can't even count how many times he's missed an open net:rant:

Yeah anyways sorry. Just don't mention his name around me again:madfire:

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
it seems Ranger fans will hate anything Sather does this off season

Not really. If he can unload Del Zotto for a young scoring LW and makes a smart depth signing or two, I'd consider the offseason a success provided our key RFA's come back.

It's the stupid stuf like signing Clarkson, Iginla, or even Clowe to long term deals with NTC's that most of us are afraid of.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
I might be wrong but aren't the rangers better off keeping Richards for one more year because the buyout will count vs next years cap when they need to resign hank? I mean they need to sign a center and no gunrentee he will be better then Richards and maybe torts just wore the guy down ?

The thing is, is.... the cap is dropping by a sizeable amount this year. It might make it a lot harder if we're persuing any FA's or giving raises

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano
I only see Zuke on a line with Clowe
Kreider- Stepan- Nash
Hagelin- Brassard- Callahan
Clowe- Lindberg- Zuke
Nystrom-Boyle-Dorsett

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
I might be wrong but aren't the rangers better off keeping Richards for one more year because the buyout will count vs next years cap when they need to resign hank? I mean they need to sign a center and no gunrentee he will be better then Richards and maybe torts just wore the guy down ?

Compliance buy outs don't count against the cap. It's best to do it now rather than risk injury to Richards next season. The team is best off removing all imprints of Tortorella and starting over with a new coach. Richards was all Torts' doing. Time to move on.

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano
Sorry if I came off too strong:laugh:

I hate Stafford with a passion. My least favorite Sabres by far for the reasons I mentioned.

I can't even count how many times he's missed an open net:rant:

Yeah anyways sorry. Just don't mention his name around me again:madfire:

Actually it didn't bother me all, I appreciate the feedback.

emodwarf

Oct 12, 2009
Boston. Sucks.
I only see Zuke on a line with Clowe
Kreider- Stepan- Nash
Hagelin- Brassard- Callahan
Clowe- Lindberg- Zuke
Nystrom-Boyle-Dorsett

I like the idea of Zuke being paired with a big strong winger but even with Zuke's commitment to the back check this year that line just seems like a huge defensive liability. Zuke's no speedster and Clowe is like molasses.

It also seems like a waste having Zuke's vision and creativity paired with line mates who aren't great finishers (not that there a lot of those on the team now). I'd rather Zuke play with guys who can actually make good use of what Zuke can give them.

KreidertheGlider

MDZ for NYR Blueline
May 31, 2012
Rochester, NY
I like the idea of Zuke being paired with a big strong winger but even with Zuke's commitment to the back check this year that line just seems like a huge defensive liability. Zuke's no speedster and Clowe is like molasses.

It also seems like a waste having Zuke's vision and creativity paired with line mates who aren't great finishers (not that there a lot of those on the team now). I'd rather Zuke play with guys who can actually make good use of what Zuke can give them.

I think Kreider would be a good linesman for Zuke. They would need a defense first center though

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano

Gives the 3rd line some offensive flair, I like it.

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo
I would take Green. :nod:

Even if Brad rebound to a somewhat acceptable standard I feel like it's better to get done with the guy already. Gotta find another center somewhere though, Burmisimov+ for Del Zotto makes a lot of sense, can only hope the guys that actually matters feel the same.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I would take Green. :nod:

Even if Brad rebound to a somewhat acceptable standard I feel like it's better to get done with the guy already. Gotta find another center somewhere though, Burmisimov+ makes a lot of sense for MDZ, can only hope the guys that actually matters feel the same.

Del Zotto for Burmistrov+ I would do in a heart beat. That would be an amazing boost for our forward depth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany