Speculation: 2013 Offseason Thread Part III: Free Agents Suck

Status
Not open for further replies.

KreidertheGlider

MDZ for NYR Blueline
May 31, 2012
Rochester, NY
I wouldn't doubt it if I found out Sather signed Iginla. He does this every year:shakehead

Sign some cheap effective depth instead of overpaid washed out old timers.

I want nothing to do with Iginla if it is for more than 1 year.

~HE WILL GET PAID.... A LOT~

Let some other fool GM sign him long term. For once can we leave the star UFAs alone?

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
There is only one Bickel I want in NYC .. I miss you stu .. LoL ..
Ward is a good fourth line mucker who can play 3rd line. I want Pyatt gone ASAP don't let one week of good play foolmu he sucks. Say no to Jerome .. I want clarkson and his 25 goals 10 fights and leadership in the room.

In a vacuum, I'd take Clarkson on this team on a decent contract. He will make more than we'd be able to afford to pay him.

For the love of God, no more former Devils in UFA.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Current RW depth: Nash, Callahan, Dorsett, Asham.

Could definitely use a 2nd/3rd line RW, to move Callahan down a line at ES.

That's a super expensive set of RWers moving forward. Nash @ 8' Clarkson at 4.5 and Callahan @ 5?

Also, Callahanis most likely the more effective ES player offensively.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Yep, not disagreeing, I just have an issue with what he'll get paid rather than the player himself. I'd take him one year at three million, but the two things going against him are that he's another RW that won't fit if Nash isn't moved to the left. Which, to be honest, I like Nash's game better on the right.

The other thing as I mentioned is what he'll cost. He'll be looking for 2-3 years at 4 to 5 million, at least. Besides, I think he takes a paycut to stay with Pittsburgh (barf). He has had unreal chemistry with Crosby since the 2010 Olympics, but Bylsma plays him with Malkin. Bylsma should get fired just for that. Like Torts, he's refusing to adjust.

I don't think he resigns there. I also don't see a 3 year deal for 4 - 4.5 million is a bad contract for a physical 25-30 goal scorer. To me that's a good contract.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
That's a super expensive set of RWers moving forward. Nash @ 8' Clarkson at 4.5 and Callahan @ 5?

Also, Callahanis most likely the more effective ES player offensively.

Well, I'm not advocating Clarkson. I think signing Clarkson would be one of the dumbest moves Sather could make, considering he's going to get an upwards of $5M+.

What I am advocating is moving DZ for a young, top-6 RW. That would be my first priority if I'm moving DZ. Second would be a young center. Third would be a top-10 pick + top-9 player that could use a change of scenery (i.e, MPS/7th).

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Well, I'm not advocating Clarkson. I think signing Clarkson would be one of the dumbest moves Sather could make, considering he's going to get an upwards of $5M+.

What I am advocating is moving DZ for a young, top-6 RW. That would be my first priority if I'm moving DZ. Second would be a young center. Third would be a top-10 pick + top-9 player that could use a change of scenery (i.e, MPS/7th).

I know, just continuing the conversation.

I don't think they need a RWer as much as a LWer. I would honestly rather the pick + reclamation skilled player or RD.

Miller and Fast to me are RWers. St Croix will most likely go that route as well.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
I don't think he resigns there. I also don't see a 3 year deal for 4 - 4.5 million is a bad contract for a physical 25-30 goal scorer. To me that's a good contract.

His age brings his market value down. The only teams that will be able to pay him that are small market teams that are trying to make the cap floor. Iginla won't want to go there. He only wanted to go to a big market this past deadline. I just don't see where the money is coming from. Most big markets will be very stingy this offseason as they try to bring key RFA's back and stay under the cap at the same time.

Wouldn't it be ironic if he signed in Boston this offseason?

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Clowe and Nystrom sure. Stalberg depending on how they feel about Fast.

If they get Clowe and Nystrom, not need for Stalberg. They would be set.

Kreider-Stepan-Nash
Hagelin-Brassard-Callahan
Clowe-Lindberg-Fast/Zucc/Miller
Nystrom-Boyle-Dorsett

Or trade MDZ for a 3c +

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano
I know, just continuing the conversation.

I don't think they need a RWer as much as a LWer. I would honestly rather the pick + reclamation skilled player or RD.

Miller and Fast to me are RWers. St Croix will most likely go that route as well.

Fast can play either wing.

KreidertheGlider

MDZ for NYR Blueline
May 31, 2012
Rochester, NY
Stafford.

Stafford sucks ass. He is the laziest ****hole I have ever seen. The only time he steps his game up is on his contract year. I live in Sabres Land. I watch a lot of Sabres games. He can't finish, he's overpaid, and he's soooo lazy.

Stay away.... Stay far away.

--------------

I do like Myers though. We should snag him while his value is low.

Would MDZ straight up for Myers work? Or would someone need to add?
He is exactly what this team needs. He plays RD, wicked shot, physical

Dagoon44

Sep 15, 2003
NJ
dagoon44.blogspot.com
Bring I. Pierre luc Leblond as the fourth line enforcer. Best Ahl fighter dirty cheap and isn't a bad skater .. Some times dumb but hey...Dorset and Haley can do the light work and I think Dorset will end up in top 9 ..Haley deserves a shot ashAm I like but is he done ? I really like Bickel a lot

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano
Stafford sucks ass. He is the laziest ****hole I have ever seen. The only time he steps his game up is on his contract year. I live in Sabres Land. I watch a lot of Sabres games. He can't finish, he's overpaid, and he's soooo lazy.

Stay away.... Stay far away.

--------------

I do like Myers though. We should snag him while his value is low.

Would MDZ straight up for Myers work? Or would someone need to add?
He is exactly what this team needs. He plays RD, wicked shot, physical

Well i will respect your opinion if you watch him that closely.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Rick Nash ($7.800m) / Derek Stepan ($4.000m) / Ryan Callahan ($4.275m)
Taylor Pyatt ($1.550m) / Derick Brassard ($3.200m) / Mats Zuccarello ($1.500m)
Carl Hagelin ($1.760m) / Alexander Burmistrov ($1.500m) / Derek Dorsett ($1.633m)
Eric Nystrom ($1.800m) / Valtteri Filppula ($3.500m) / Arron Asham ($1.000m)
Chris Kreider ($1.325m) / Oscar Lindberg ($0.760m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Ryan McDonagh ($3.500m) / Dan Girardi ($3.325m)
Marc Staal ($3.975m) / Anton Stralman ($1.700m)
Mark Streit ($5.100m) / John Moore ($0.965m)
Dylan McIlrath ($1.295m) /
GOALTENDERS
Henrik Lundqvist ($6.875m)
Martin Biron ($1.300m)
OTHER
Buyout: Brad Richards ($0.000m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $63,638,333; BONUSES: $1,725,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $2,386,667

Okay, so this is the first time I am doing this with Capgeek.com, what an amazing website!

Re-sign:
McDonagh, Stepan, Zuccarello, Hagelin

Trades:
Del Zotto for Burmistrov + picks (WPG)
Boyle for Cody McLeod (COL)
Pyatt for a 4th or 5th rounder
Powe for a 4th or 5th rounder

Sign:
Filppula, Nystrom, Streit

Buy-out:
His new nickname will be "Buy-Out" Brad Richards

Add Lindberg and McIlrath and you have a team with great depth. I am not one to believe our top-lines are the problem, out bottom 6 is the problem. With Filppula, Burmistrov and McLeod, that problem is solved.

This was fun!

KreidertheGlider

MDZ for NYR Blueline
May 31, 2012
Rochester, NY
If they get Clowe and Nystrom, not need for Stalberg. They would be set.

Kreider-Stepan-Nash
Hagelin-Brassard-Callahan
Clowe-Lindberg-Fast/Zucc/Miller
Nystrom-Boyle-Dorsett

Or trade MDZ for a 3c +

I really do not like our LWers. We need a true 1st line LW. Maybe something like this would be better?

Nash- step- zucc
Kreider- brass- cally
Hags- miller- fast
Nystrom-Boyle-Dorsett

If we do this we are weak on RW. We need some good wingers:laugh:

Dagoon44

Sep 15, 2003
NJ
dagoon44.blogspot.com
I might be wrong but aren't the rangers better off keeping Richards for one more year because the buyout will count vs next years cap when they need to resign hank? I mean they need to sign a center and no gunrentee he will be better then Richards and maybe torts just wore the guy down ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad