Status
Not open for further replies.

LetterJ

Feb 16, 2012
Atlantic Canada
CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Carl Hagelin ($2.200m) / Derek Stepan ($3.500m) / Rick Nash ($7.800m)
Chris Kreider ($1.325m) / Derick Brassard ($3.200m) / Ryan Callahan ($4.275m)
Mats Zuccarello ($1.400m) / Oscar Lindberg ($0.760m) / Derek Dorsett ($1.633m)
Matt Hendricks ($1.650m) / Brian Boyle ($1.700m) / Arron Asham ($1.000m)
Darroll Powe ($1.067m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Ryan McDonagh ($3.950m) / Dan Girardi ($3.325m)
Marc Staal ($3.975m) / Michal Rozsival ($2.000m)
Michael Del Zotto ($2.550m) / Anton Stralman ($1.700m)
John Moore ($0.965m) /
GOALTENDERS
Henrik Lundqvist ($6.875m)
Martin Biron ($1.300m)
OTHER
Buyout: Brad Richards ($0.000m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $58,150,000; BONUSES: $837,500
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $6,987,500

Sign McDonagh for the same amount as Marc Staal (hopefully the same length too). Stepan signed to a 2-year bridge contract for the same amount as Matt Duchene. Double MZA`s salary. Sign UFA Hendricks (brings some toughness, grit, etc. to the lineup).

What does the fanbase think of bringing Rosie back for 2.0m? Also, what about a deal with the Blues for the RFA rights to Chris Stewart (trading MZD + prospect(s)) and then re-signing Eminger for 700k, allowing Cally to slide to the third line?

Also, in this scenario, Clowe is NOT re-signed.

Last edited:

Radek27

May 19, 2004
NJ
Why the hell would Rozy want to sign back here after how the fans treated him?

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
sooooooo I went to EDM's boards and asked what the 7th overall meant to them. They mostly agree they want MDZ there (their front office really like the guy) and a forward prospect. As long as it's not Kreider or Lindberg I'd absolutely do it. Would you?

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
sooooooo I went to EDM's boards and asked what the 7th overall meant to them. They mostly agree they want MDZ there (their front office really like the guy) and a forward prospect. As long as it's not Kreider or Lindberg I'd absolutely do it. Would you?

Del Zotto PLUS for the 7th overall?

Maybe if the forward was Thomas or Yogan. Would NOT move Miller/Fast/Lindberg/Kreider.

Vidic15*

No one available at 7 is NHL ready. Doesn't make sense. I'd absolutely do it to move into the 2 spot and draft MacKinnon, but Florida isn't willing to go further than to the 4 spot.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
No one available at 7 is NHL ready. Doesn't make sense. I'd absolutely do it to move into the 2 spot and draft MacKinnon, but Florida isn't willing to go further than to the 4 spot.

Could snatch up Monahan, who, from what I read, is NHL ready.

Depends on if Calgary takes him, though. We could probably move up to 6 or 5 if necessary.

Punxrocknyc19*

when was the last time Sather as a GM traded for a first round pick?

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013

Monahan and Nicushkin would be ready from what I've read. MacK, Drouin and Jones are the guaranteed top 3 picks, then some combination of Barkov, Monahan, Nicushkin, Ritolaien, and Nurse will go the next 4. CAR NEEDS defense, I see them taking Nurse. No way NSH passes up Barkov. So that leaves Lindholm, Monahan, and Nicushkin for the next pick. Would gladly take any of them, and Monahan and Nicushkin are NHL ready supposedly.

Punxrocknyc19*

But he got a hat trick in the WC :sarcasm:

Seriously though, I think he'd be an excellent 4th liner.

Rather have Zack Smith who brings that grit factor and has the ability to get people off their game.. Craig Smith doesnt use his size at all.. he would be booed within the first month

Championship*

I don't think it's any question that some combination of the first 2 picks with be Jones/MacKinnon. If TBay takes Nichushkin, and we somehow get a high pick for one of our d-men, I hope Slats has a plan to jump up and grab Drouin. He will play next year, and he is dynamic.

If he somehow found a way to draft MacKinnon he could hire Trottier back as coach and I'd still love him.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
I think Nashville takes Monahan. Good fit for them. Closest thing in this draft to Toews.

Big fan of him, Lindholm, and Pulock.

Mikachu93

Formerly MacTruck
Aug 1, 2010
NY
I would totally do MDZ + St. Croix for the #7 overall. Then I'd try to move up if necessary and grab Monahan or Drouin.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I think we've all somewhat agreed FA is just not the answer this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad