GDT: 2013 NHL Free Agent Frenzy Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainBenn

Sep 8, 2012
That's me, and I disagree. Don't feel like getting into a debate on HFboards though. If you disagree that Eller is not more than a 3rd line center (even though he's being played as one), then I don't know what to say... We have a difference of opinion - no point in butting heads.

My opinion is that Eller is not more than a 3rd line center FOR NOW, big difference!
but yes lets agree to disagree and sorry if Im looking rude not my intention at all

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Yes.

Giroux
Lecavalier
Couturier
Laughton

That's a fantastic centre-line. Christ.

If they acquire all the east's centers.....

mhnoh+my+god+_470751be6d63134390aa32718ebece11.jpg

Link fail.

TennisMenace

Jul 3, 2008
Buffalo
Am I the only guy here who doesn't drool over David Clarkson?

He was -20 3 years ago and was -6 and -8 the last 2 years. His scoring is down and he really isn't that big at 200 pounds.

7 years for a soon to be 30 year older is a bit much. Pass.

Hope Of Glory

May 24, 2009
North Shore

He was -20 3 years ago and was -6 and -8 the last 2 years. His scoring is down and he really isn't that big at 200 pounds.

NJ fans are saying he's a 3rd liner that gets PP time, which seems like a fair assessment. 5M+ for 7 years for that king of guy is crazy.

But all in all, the Leafs are harder to play against than they were yesterday.

Apr 28, 2010

Not me. I never wanted the guy. Im more worried of Bolland though. He'll be a Habs-killer.

Banjo Cat

May 31, 2007

His scoring is not down. He did get 15 goals and 9 assists in the shortened season. So, he did do pretty well. But yeah, as far as scoring goes he has either been a late-bloomer or he benefitted from his situation. Let's say he has another good year and then declines. Clarkson then becomes our new albatross. He does have some of what we need, though. If he didn't cost so much, I would drool over him.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
We were not going to overpay Clowe
Anaheim would have asked too much for Ryan
Lecavalier didnt want to come here

why not sign lapierre and trade for boll then? parros is an enforecer so hes not a minute eater, we need a solid 4th line that would give our top 3 lines a bit of breathing room.
not only would they do that but they'd also be able to fight/hit, we need more "team toughness" as opposed to goons

DJ Breadman

Jan 18, 2011
Newfoundland
Not me. I never wanted the guy. Im more worried of Bolland though. He'll be a Habs-killer.

I never thought i'd hear someone say they where worried about bolland, Clarkson will be the better player agianst the habs, he'll be pushing smurfs out of the way left right and center, the guy is tough as nails and can shoot

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011
Anyone else interested in signing Matt Cooke? I know he's got a bad reputation with injuring Markov back in the 2010 playoffs, but he loves to hit, and although he isn't the biggest guy for what he does, he can still be a very effective bottom-6 guy for us, contributing some offense, but primarily making us harder to play against.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
well there goes that.. really dissapointed

Renaud Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS 52s
Maxim Lapierre s'entend avec les Blues. Détails sous peu. #JA2013

SnapVirus

Jul 16, 2010
Mtl., QC.
Id kill for Cooke. Hes exactly the kind of ****er I want to play against the Leafs, Bruins and Sens.

Galchenyuk - Eller - Prust
Cooke - White - Parros

Bench :Moen

TennisMenace

Jul 3, 2008
Buffalo
NJ fans are saying he's a 3rd liner that gets PP time, which seems like a fair assessment. 5M+ for 7 years for that king of guy is crazy.

But all in all, the Leafs are harder to play against than they were yesterday.

Leafs lost a lot of decent guys too. Hopefully our speed will dazzle their muscle.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Id kill for Cooke. Hes exactly the kind of ****er I want to play against the Leafs, Bruins and Sens.

Galchenyuk - Eller - Prust
Cooke - White - Parros

Bench :Moen

All cooke would do is piss the other teams off enough to try to take out the knees of our young guns.

And I don't even think bergevin can twist what Cooke does into 'character'

Banjo Cat

May 31, 2007
All cooke would do is piss the other teams off enough to try to take out the knees of our young guns.

And I don't even think bergevin can twist what Cooke does into 'character'

Ya. Cooke would be extra motivation to beat us.

SnapVirus

Jul 16, 2010
Mtl., QC.
Thats exactly what we want : Be hated.

Cooke - White - Parros

thats a line nobody would **** with. And it can make you play Prust on the third.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad