GDT: 2013 NHL Free Agent Frenzy Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banjo Cat

May 31, 2007
Of course Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Eller, Subban and Patches are a better young-core than the previously mentioned core. We all know this. It's just that the arguments,and Bergevin's excuses sound identical to Gainey's and that bothers me.

But those excuses were never bad ones in and of themselves. They actually do apply in certain situations, Whiskey. Standing pat and being patient is not necessarily a bad thing. It got to be a bad thing with Gainey because he did it for years. He wanted to build from within, but he didn't even do much to acquire picks or sell off potential UFAs. We basically started over a year ago. If Bergevin is making these excuses in two years then we have something to worry about. I know that's frustrating. But that's where we are.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Bergevin was as secretive as Gauthier today. I don't know where you get the notion that he's upfront... unless revealing his character fetish is something that took you by surprise.

So far he's been arrogant and full of excuses. Prices are too high? Too bad, make our team better or get bent, we're into winning, we're not in the excuses business.

He obviously isn't going into detail and showing his hand in a PC, but he's been making a lot of good, clear statements which at least keep us informed. Gainey was pure silence until after. (EX: "It wasn't we lost on VL, let's get Briere"). He's making a real effort to show he is making his rounds and asking around/ shopping guys aggressively.

As for the prices being high: He is being smart and not taking crappy offers. What do you think some GMs are trying to pry from montreal? Like I said in another post, I'd rather he have to wait than to have another Gomez disaster. And I don't think he's been arrogant in the slightest.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Stephane Laporte
@laportestephane

J'écris et je réalise.

Montreal · blogues.cyberpresse.ca/laporte/

Stephane Laporte ‏@laportestephane 1h

Rumeur. Échange Montréal-Philadelphie. Coburn, Simmonds et Talbot pour Plekanec, Beaulieu et Moen.

That's a trade that plugs a couple needs but opens another really big one.

No C on the habs can fill plekanec's shoes right now

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Doesn't Philly have 4 centers not even counting Talbot? The Plek plus for Simmonds trade makes no sense for anyone besides twitter rumor mongers.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
Stephane Laporte
@laportestephane

J'écris et je réalise.

Montreal · blogues.cyberpresse.ca/laporte/

Stephane Laporte ‏@laportestephane 1h

Rumeur. Échange Montréal-Philadelphie. Coburn, Simmonds et Talbot pour Plekanec, Beaulieu et Moen.

Worst writer in the whole Quebec press by far.

CaptainBenn

Sep 8, 2012
That's a trade that plugs a couple needs but opens another really big one.

No C on the habs can fill plekanec's shoes right now

heeeeeeey what about Eller? #not
dont remember who I was talking to in part 3 but you know Im right

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
8068.jpg
Worst writer in the whole Quebec press by far.

Shabutie

Jul 26, 2004
Ottawa
heeeeeeey what about Eller? #not
dont remember who I was talking to in part 3 but you know Im right
That's me, and I disagree. Don't feel like getting into a debate on HFboards though. If you disagree that Eller is not more than a 3rd line center (even though he's being played as one), then I don't know what to say... We have a difference of opinion - no point in butting heads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad