GDT: 2013 NHL Free Agent Frenzy Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

googlymoogly

Oct 27, 2007
GMs are spending faster than US Congress:laugh:

They better stop their whining about players costing too much when they are the ones not controlling themselves.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
a day like today illustrates perfectly why I keep insisting that 'cap space' is overrated

Coldplay

Courage
Aug 21, 2008
Montréal
Regarding Horton not playing more than 67 games since 07-08: meant to say he's only done it once.

natey2k4 said:
Well except the 80 games he played in 10-11. And the 43 he played this year (which pro rates to 74)

:P

Malakhov

Nov 30, 2003
Montreal, QC
Visit site
Its a good signing, it just isnt right with the current make up of our top 6

I know, it will become a very good signing if we move one of Gionta, Desharnais or Plekanec. Hopefully won't have to resort to trading Plekanec but maybe it would be the best solution for long term since he's the one worth something and in the long run, you need a player like Plekanec when you're a contender, but by the time we will be one, he's probably gonna be on the downhill. Just like the Flames waited too long before trading Iginla.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
a day like today illustrates perfectly why I keep insisting that 'cap space' is overrated

Why do you say that? They still need to respect it. If a team spends like that, he will need to make some space if they don't have it. Cap space would be overrated if you'd be able to not respect it....

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
I'm feeling so much better about the Briere deal after seeing this Pejorative Slured spending.

If Lou is spending that much money on Elias and Clowe, i wonder how mauch he had offered Briere. Maybe he was telling the truth about having better offers on the table than the Canadiens...

That Uncle Lou...he's a character!

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
And what if the pieces dont come down...
Is it too much to ask for a great team? Im so done with buying tickets and giving Bergevin my money if he doesnt make a trade this summer.

They will because a lot of the big spenders are at or near the cap. After the first 75-100 mil in cap hits goes, things get tight and you can get pretty good deals. I'm surprised the early guys are getting so much as there is not a lot of cap space/money available this yaer with the cap dropping. Players waiting may end up having to take a lot less than they want.

Komisarek at 700k, I would have been all over that.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
I know this is old news but can anyone tell me why MB had the compulsion to extend DD for 4 years during the season when he was not producing?

well considering there's guys who didnt do much better signing for 5Mil + right now... he too looks like a bargain :laugh:

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
If Lou is spending that much money on Elias and Clowe, i wonder how mauch he had offered Briere. Maybe he was telling the truth about having better offers on the table than the Canadiens...

That Uncle Lou...he's a character!

Well great. He shouldn't have too much trouble to take Gionta then.

Jul 16, 2006
Am I the only one, who wants to see Koivu back? Would definitely fit in the "character" category.

googlymoogly

Oct 27, 2007
This is why it is going to be more and more important to draft wisely in the future. You need to build a team through the draft and just pick up smaller pieces thru UFA or trades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad