GDT: 2013 NHL Free Agent Frenzy (opens at 12pm)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
Me too. Kills one teams cap and Clarkson will feel Pejorative Slured for signing the deal in a couple years when everyone hates him and he's part of the rumour mill for years. :)

nah the league's gonna give the GMs a couple of free buyouts for their mistakes

bunch of crybabies

OpenIceHit

Oct 3, 2006
VA
Teams are slowly building their team for Fall and soon won't be too interested trading their players.

PricePkPatch*

nah the league's gonna give the GMs a couple of free buyouts for their mistakes

bunch of crybabies

The CBA will expire years after the end of Clowe's contract. there is no way for him to ever be bought out.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I don't mind Weiss signing with Detroit.

Anything to make TML foolish is good imho. They buy out Grabo, fail to sign Lecavalier, fail to sign Weiss.. and now maybe they'll be forced to give a stupid contract to Bozak. Sure they got Bolland and still have Great Leader Kadri but they still have a hole at center.

Misery loves company

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
seriously anyone complaining about Bergevin not doing anything right now doesn't understand how ridiculous Clowe's contract is and how ridiculous Clarkson's contract is going to turn out

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
Horton is being underrated. He's been consistent since Florida. He's a good player that brings up his level in important games.

He was inconsistent (but young) in Florida. I wanted to Habs to trade for him then, but I have to admit that he became a better fit with Boston. Not sure he would have been as good in Montréal had he been brought in 3-4 years ago.

It's all a question of environment.

As for now: Horton might not thrive in this new environment. Different style of play and all. Colombus might finally be getting there, but they're not the Bruins, that's for sure. He becomes the de facto top dog on that team (Gaborik is UFA next year). He might have signed in a smaller/lighter market, but all eyes will be on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad