2013 NHL "Around the League" Talk - Pt 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Chicago shows that you can be in a "win now" window, and still be able to groom young players along. The Hawks, a more recent Cup winner than us, gets the young guys in the lineup with meaningful ice time. Saad has been getting decent time. I am watching him now get a shift in OT. And Leddy was getting good shifts last season, and this season so far.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Both of those were crazy-good shots.

Watching this game, I found myself rooting for the Wild the whole time. Does this make me a bad person? I don't know why really. It's MinneSOHTA, Eh?

Bennett Brauer

May 1, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
In the Coyotes games I've watched, Zbynek Michalek hasn't really played solid hockey. Why are people still complaining about the trade? Shero didn't want to take back salary and we got 2 3rd round picks for him essentially.

I know nobody in this thread is complaining about the Michalek trade, I've just seen some comments about how it was stupid and it made no sense. The Pens defense looks fine right now and we cleared $4M in cap space.

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
In the Coyotes games I've watched, Zbynek Michalek hasn't really played solid hockey. Why are people still complaining about the trade? Shero didn't want to take back salary and we got 2 3rd round picks for him essentially.

I know nobody in this thread is complaining about the Michalek trade, I've just seen some comments about how it was stupid and it made no sense. The Pens defense looks fine right now and we cleared $4M in cap space.
Probably because he's better than Lovejoy and that Shero was unsuccessful in doing anything with that capspace in the off-season like he planned (Parise/Suter) and signed no one else of consequence after the trade.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Marc Savard did a crazy celebration after scoring a game winning goal in OT in game 1 of the 2010 semi-finals against the Flyers. I don't remember Don Cherry *****ing about that. Guess it's okay when those good ole' Canadian boys do it, but not when those damn Europeans do it!

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007

I agree. I think it was smart to get out from that contract.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Michalek was a system defender who was a square peg in the round hole that is our stupid system.

He was awful last year...the only reason he didn't get as much derision as Martin was that his contract contains $9 million fewer.

Also this board seems oddly reverse xenophobic.

Zero Pucks

Size matters
May 17, 2009
I was a little upset when we first traded Michalek. But considering we signed Michalek for nothing and other motives like his sub-par play, clearing cap-space, and rumors he wanted to be traded. I can't really complain about the return, I actually really like Ruopp.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
In other news...the Coyotes certainly look like a lame duck franchise right now.

Gotta feel for Coyote fans, no matter how much I want teams in Seattle and Quebec.

I'm tempted to make a trip out there to see a game before the end of the season just for the hell of it. If not for the lockout I had an Anaheim-Phoenix back-to-back trip planned when the Penguins were supposed to come out here about two weeks ago, but obviously that didn't happen.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
I loved the kid's reaction for the first OT goal he scored. That being said, this last one seems more like gloating and showmanship than it does an actual celebration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad