2013 NHL "Around the League" Talk - Pt 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I honestly think the Blue take the Cup this year. They are awesome to watch.

Zero Pucks

Size matters
May 17, 2009
I can see everyone in the Western Conf. beating the **** out of each other in the playoffs. And then the Montreal Canadians somehow winning the cup.

hadrian

Sep 2, 2011
Flyers fans are sure milking the "Seth Jones will look good in orange and black!" joke for all it's worth.

alcanalz

whys and wherefores
Nov 3, 2009
Only 7 games in, plenty of time for them to turn it around but yikes, meltdown in Philly so far. That team has not looked good at all. Did they have many players playing during the lockout? I honestly can't recall but that may be a (small) reason.

Also, Vinny looks like the Vinny of old. He is playing some serious hockey right now, throwing his weight around, making smart reads and looking good. It's easy to say when TB as a whole is killing it but yeah, go Lecavalier. Would love to see him do as well as he has in the past.

And Luongo starting tonight, third in a row. It's like you don't even want me to win my pool, Alain Vigneault.

TorstenFrings

lebenslang gruenweiss
Apr 25, 2012
Bremen
Only 7 games in, plenty of time for them to turn it around but yikes, meltdown in Philly so far. That team has not looked good at all. Did they have many players playing during the lockout? I honestly can't recall but that may be a (small) reason.

No idea about the numbers, but quite a few who definitely played during the lockout are among the most brutal looking right now.

hadrian

Sep 2, 2011
Pretty much none of the Flyers' d-men played during the lockout. Briere, Fedotenko, Read, Voracek, Couturier, and B. Schenn all played a significant number of games. Unfortunately for Philly, half of them are children who should have never been expected to play the roles they've been given.

I think there may be some significance in the fact that Giroux left his DEL team to go spend some time in Dr. Carrick's space machine. He was asked yesterday if he's 100% healthy. "Yeah, I mean, you know, I..." was his answer.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Hope Shanny banishes Malkin from the league. The guy is a monster.
:laugh:

That about the Marc Staal incident? Seemed like Staal took 2 or 3 uncalled slashing penalties and knocked Geno to the ice before Geno finally hit him with his stick. Not defending what Malkin did. Just saying both guys got very carried away in that situation and deserved the penalties they got.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
:laugh:

That about the Marc Staal incident? Seemed like Staal took 2 or 3 uncalled slashing penalties and knocked Geno to the ice before Geno finally hit him with his stick. Not defending what Malkin did. Just saying both guys got very carried away in that situation and deserved the penalties they got.

First he killed Mitchell, then he punished Lecavalier. Now this? The guy is a threat to the human race.

TorstenFrings

lebenslang gruenweiss
Apr 25, 2012
Bremen
Pretty much none of the Flyers' d-men played during the lockout. Briere, Fedotenko, Read, Voracek, Couturier, and B. Schenn all played a significant number of games. Unfortunately for Philly, half of them are children who should have never been expected to play the roles they've been given.

I think there may be some significance in the fact that Giroux left his DEL team to go spend some time in Dr. Carrick's space machine. He was asked yesterday if he's 100% healthy. "Yeah, I mean, you know, I..." was his answer.

Giroux left Eisbären because of an small injury to his cervical spine, but then was declared fully healed about six weeks later, which was way before the CBA agreement and pissed a lot of people in Berlin off quite a bit and had Briere playing Mr. nice NHL player for the press a lot. Sure, it may be a complication from that injury, but I doubt they overstated his healing in December. He`d have had a much easier time just pretending he was still doing some physical therapy or whatnot.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
First he killed Mitchell, then he punished Lecavalier. Now this? The guy is a threat to the human race.

Ha! I remember that! Malkin dodged a check from Lecavalier, then Lecavalier got all pissy because he thought Malkin was trying to low bridge him. Then all of HFBoards calls Malkin an "avoider".

Using that same logic, if I brandish a knife, you have to stand still and let me stab you.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Man. If we had a rookie even named Yakupov who made the same misstake Couturier did on the Caps 1st goal, we wouldnt see him the rest of the season :P

And am i the only one whos enjoying the Schenn - JVR trade maybe a tad too much right now? :)

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Wow. I totally forget that MT is back in the league. He seems to have the Habs off to a good start too so good for him. I kind of want things to go bad for them at some point though just to hear another classic MT rant. :laugh:

Therrien is a good coach to turn a struggling franchise around. The problem is players generally just get worn out by him after a few seasons.

gordie

5x
Jul 9, 2002
hfboards.com
Pens fans really need to break their bad habit of building up a loser franchise like Philadelphia (Mark Madden is the biggest culprit).Until they win the cup again :laugh: they're just another NHL franchise.

Last edited:

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
ioktpd.jpg

member 51464

I have a question about the playoffs. Did it officially get changed to go back to the first round being only divisional matchups? Or are they sticking with how it has been the past few years?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad