2013 New Jersey Devils (Team News, Player Discussion - Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Butler couldn't even beat Tedenby for a spot. Matteau will start there and as 4th line time gets cut, Josefson will play up.

Not for nothing but it's comical how much people complain that Tedenby never gets a chance when he's had 100 NHL games and almost as many AHL games with the Devils, with his career NHL highs being 8 goals and 22 points, while Butler's had a 10-goal half season in the NHL, is the leading scorer for the AHL team and nobody seems to mind he doesn't even get 'one' shot with the Devils.

Funny how we scream and yell about our homegrown guy, after he has gotten chance after chance, but it's okay that someone else's guy doesn't even get one chance with us.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Oh god Rolston and Pandolfo! Where's Jacques Lemaire to make Pando dress in the practice locker room when you really need him?!:laugh:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Oh god Rolston and Pandolfo! Where's Jacques Lemaire to make Pando dress in the practice locker room when you really need him?!:laugh:

Come on now, that's cold lol. Love Jacques but boy did he botch the handling of that one, especially considering it was the end of Pando's tenure as a Devil for all intents and purposes too. At least call him in the office and tell him to turn in the playbook instead of having an assistant text-benching him :P

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Not for nothing but it's comical how much people complain that Tedenby never gets a chance when he's had 100 NHL games and almost as many AHL games with the Devils, with his career NHL highs being 8 goals and 22 points, while Butler's had a 10-goal half season in the NHL, is the leading scorer for the AHL team and nobody seems to mind he doesn't even get 'one' shot with the Devils.

Funny how we scream and yell about our homegrown guy, after he has gotten chance after chance, but it's okay that someone else's guy doesn't even get one chance with us.

Devils rushed Tedenby. I don't want to see them do that for Butler.

Oroku Saki*

Come on now, that's cold lol. Love Jacques but boy did he botch the handling of that one, especially considering it was the end of Pando's tenure as a Devil for all intents and purposes too. At least call him in the office and tell him to turn in the playbook instead of having an assistant text-benching him :P

That $2.5 million dollar paycheck should allow Pando to wipe the tears from his eyes with $100 bills.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Rushed? Butler's 25 and will be 26 before the end of the season. That's more like a slow baby crawl.

I'd rather him play in the AHL and get his confidence up. If he didn't make the team out of training camp, there had to be something in his play they didn't like. Why not let him work on whatever it is in the AHL?

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
Rushed? Butler's 25 and will be 26 before the end of the season. That's more like a slow baby crawl.

Lou said Butler was not ready, I think its the system frankly i dont think Bulter knows the system well enough to put him on the NHL ice right this moment and thats why he isnt in the NHL. Tedenby played the last 2 season under our system and MIGHT know it better then Butler does. Butler will get his chance once they feel he is ready.

Maybe Lou is breaking all the bad habits Butler got from before he arrived in NJ.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
That $2.5 million dollar paycheck should allow Pando to wipe the tears from his eyes with $100 bills.

Even if he's making $10 million, that's still no way to treat a guy on his way out who never gave us any problems, was a good Devil and a valuable foot soldier for many years.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Even if he's making $10 million, that's still no way to treat a guy on his way out who never gave us any problems, was a good Devil and a valuable foot soldier for many years.

I don't agree with the way he was handled, but I would be lying if I said I wasn't happy when he left. He was painful to watch as soon as he got that contract. The last 2 years with us. Even Sutter healthy scratched him a bunch, and I wondered why he trusted him so much to give him so much ice time against Carolina in the playoffs.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Not sure why we called up Anderson of all people, but whatever. He's going to be on the fourth line, probably won't make much of a difference either way.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
If Larsson isn't going to play, I'd be happier to see him getting game time in Albany.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Butler didn't get called up because the team is giving Matteau another shot in the top 6.

BUTLER IS USELESS ON THE 4th line. He really is a American Tedenby with a better shot and slightly better hockey sense.

Anderson can play the 4th line role perfectly. Butler would of been a waste and got rocked over and over by Boston's fourth.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Matteau is likely to be sent down after tonight anyway. He's looked ok but I really think it would be a mistake to keep him up.

aboriginal

lou ****ing sucks
Mar 10, 2006
LV-426
If Larsson isn't going to play, I'd be happier to see him getting game time in Albany.

id rather him training with the nhl squad and more importantly, sir scottamus maximus stevensicus. instead of training with burt bacharach and haley joel osmond in albany.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Matteau is likely to be sent down after tonight anyway. He's looked ok but I really think it would be a mistake to keep him up.

Agreed. I just hope we don't hear the ''Time is on your side use it'' line in response to him staying up.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
They are calling everything. Just like the last lockout.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Since we don't have a top six winger anyway maybe we should bring back Viktor Kozlov for shootouts :laugh: Hell, Brian Gionta used to be really good at them, maybe we should have tried Stephen tonight, see if he picked up any tips.

MauDevils

Jan 11, 2009
New Jersey
I don't like our first line revolving door. The constant square peg round hole approach has really shut down 2 of our best offensive players.

The Gio-Bernier-Carter was a great 4th line, but as a third line they don't look the same. You need a hard worker to play with Zajac-Kovy, they aren't getting any possession time. I wouldn't mind seeeing Gio play with them until Henrique returns and solidifies our top 6.

After that we can focus on our Fugly defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad