2013 New Jersey Devils (Team News, Player Discussion - Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Griffin

Jan 28, 2012
Florida
Zidlicky had a bad game but I don't think he should sit. I wouldn't mind putting Larsson in for Cam though since he's not playing anyway.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
Makes no sense scratching Larsson.

Play him or let him develop in AHL.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
Anybody else ready to sign Marty to an extension? He looks like he's 25 again, I was thinking next year would be his final year but I'm really thinking he could go another year or two past that.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Zajac looking more like himself? Clarkson seems to be continuing to find ways to contribute as well...

(interesting - my iPhone subbed "Xanax" for "Zajac" lol)

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
On what? Him not retiring or playing like he's 25? Either way I say keep him around till he's either 50 or his Anthony replaces him. :laugh:

Either way we are so lucky to have one of the all-time greats.

No, I'm not willing to give a contract extension to a 40 year old two games into a two year contract. ;)

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
I'm not familiar with the terms regarding the ELCs and whether they are the same for sending a guy back to the AHL or Juniors, but when we sent Urbom down when Johnny Mac was coaching, I believe it had to to with not burning the year off the ELC and it made it easier to send him down because it was clear he wasn't ready

Matteau on the other hand here has not looked at all out of place (granted its just 2 games), I don't expect him to be here after the 5 games, but when he's looked this good, it's tough to send him back

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
I'm not familiar with the terms regarding the ELCs and whether they are the same for sending a guy back to the AHL or Juniors, but when we sent Urbom down when Johnny Mac was coaching, I believe it had to to with not burning the year off the ELC and it made it easier to send him down because it was clear he wasn't ready

Matteau on the other hand here has not looked at all out of place (granted its just 2 games), I don't expect him to be here after the 5 games, but when he's looked this good, it's tough to send him back

Urbom could be sent to the AHL because he was drafted from a SEL team and not from Canadian Juniors. Matteau would have to be sent back down to Juniors, the only options are play Matteau here and start his ELC and UFA clock ticking or Juniors.

GameSeven

ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς
Jan 11, 2008
Hopefully the team continues the winning trend started in these first two games.

Dealing from our position of strength on D to bolster our forward corps is much easier when the team is winning and not influenced by desperation.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Urbom could be sent to the AHL because he was drafted from a SEL team and not from Canadian Juniors. Matteau would have to be sent back down to Juniors, the only options are play Matteau here and start his ELC and UFA clock ticking or Juniors.

Gotcha, thanks

From a contract standpoint it makes plenty of sense to send him back, but does Lou go that route or go on his merit standard is what I'm interested to see

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Some stuff from TG:

“It was jump, but it’s hockey,” Volchenkov said today. “There’s contact sometimes. I’m not sure if he was trying to hurt me or just hit me hard. But I feel good. Now, it’s a decision for the league. I’m sure he was just trying to hit me, but the guy jumped.”

Bernier said he waited until it was clear the game was decided before fighting Schenn. He admitted “it had been a while” since his last fight.

“But you can’t let a guy run around like that,” Bernier said.

Would DeBoer like to keep Matteau around for the full season?

“Those are discussions Lou (Lamoriello) and I will have and Lou will make those decisions,” DeBoer said.
When asked if he has the “brain power” to match wits with Oates Friday night, DeBoer laughed and replied, “I don’t know about the brain power. I’m sure his SAT was at least a few hundred points higher than mine.”

“It will be nice seeing behind the bench of his own team and well deserved,” DeBoer said. “He gave this organization his full dedication and a lot of hours and a lot of work and was a big part of our success last year.”

aboriginal

lou ****ing sucks
Mar 10, 2006
LV-426
Anybody else ready to sign Marty to an extension? He looks like he's 25 again, I was thinking next year would be his final year but I'm really thinking he could go another year or two past that.

after 2 games? just draft his offspring to fix that hankerin'.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Doozy of a thread in the main board about Adam Larsson , folks

Apparently he is another Swede that the Devils are trying their hardest to make him fail. Because every team wants their 4th Overall pick to bust right ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad