2013 New Jersey Devils (Team News, Player Discussion - Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I'm fine with Henrique on the top line. I'm not concerned about Patty's faceoffs right now. It would be better than anything we've had on the top line so far. I just want some stability, and I feel Trav, and Kovy haven't been able to get anything going, because there is no stability in their line. They haven't played much more than a period with the same winger.

I know it was talked about before when he was put on waivers, but how about Santorelli from the Panthers? He's been a healthy scratch for much of the time. We passed on him on waivers a couple weeks ago, but Pete got 20 goals out of him his last season in Florida.

I think the top line will get a steady winger by the end of this "10 game analysis" whether its Zubs, Henrique, or someone brought in via trade. They are suffering because Pete first wanted to see if better talent could spark Tedy (didn't), and tonight and Sunday to give Matteau a better place to showcase on to help them decide what to do with him. Kind of like an extended preseason, but with short leashes because points are at stake (why Tedy got yanked so fast). I trust normality will come.

I REALLY doubt Henrique is going to be moved to wing though, just doesn't seem like what they want to do with him. Doubt they want Zubs centering, and I think I read that Elias would prefer to shift back to the wing when Adam returns. Why I think trade for someone to play with Adam and Elias, slot Clarkson down, and move Zubs up and stick one of Lou's patented reclamation projects on the 3rd line as well. Whether that's Darche or whomever.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Clarkson to Marchand :laugh::laugh:

BB0w9BRCAAIZ1Tc1.jpg-large1.jpg

I didn't get it at first. but then i looked at a side profile of marchand HAHAHA

kiwidevil

Like it's been said. The bottom 6 is the problem once Henrique returns.

Zubie - Zajac - Kovy
Elias - Henrique - Clarkson
Darche - Josefson - Barch
Carter - Gionta - Bernier

Need a 15-20 goal winger to replace Barch on the 3rd line. Can Butler get it done?

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
Was thinking about lines last night for when Henrique comes back and i thought of a different but interesting top 6 set up.

Elias - Henrique - Kovy -- Elias can dish out passes to either shooter Kovy can do the same and Henrique goes into the dirty areas.

Zubrus - Zajac - Clarkson -- Talk about hard to play against these 3 would grind the hell out of anyone they play against cycle till someone had a shot then crash the net hard.

I know its not ideal because u break up Zajac Kovy and Elias Clarkson but i think it could be very effective.

Different set ups but i think it could work, after these 6 i have no idea. But if they work its A LOT easier to get a 3rd line winger who can fill in on a 2nd line then a sure fire top 6 guy.

Last edited:

hlaverty06

Feb 11, 2012
NJ all day
Was thinking about lines last night for when Henrique comes back and i thought of a different but interesting top 6 set up.

Elias - Henrique - Kovy -- Always Elias to dish out passes to either shooter Kovy can do the same and Henrique goes into the dirty areas.

Zubrus - Zajac - Clarkson -- Talk about hard to play against these 3 would grind the hell out of anyone they play against cycle till someone had a shot then crash the net hard.

I know its not ideal because u break up Zajac Kovy and Elias Clarkson but i think it could be very effective.

Different set ups but i think it could work, after these 6 i have no idea. But if they work its A LOT easier to get a 3rd line winger who can fill in on a 2nd line then a sure fire top 6 guy.

I like those lines actually

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
Here's my thinking, personally:

•Henrique goes to top line LW (or RW, and Kovy goes back to LW, whatever)
•The Devils acquire a centerman who can play in a 2nd/3rd line role (preferably one who is good at face-offs), or they acquire another winger (preferably one with significant size) and play Zubrus at center
•The Devils acquire a winger who can play in a 2nd/3rd line role (preferably one with significant size)

So you're saying get O'Reilly AND Ryder? :sarcasm:

Man this is gonna get expensive.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
Henrique should definitely be on the top unit. I really like the way Elias, Zubrus and Clarkson are playing together, they're a cycling machine.

They have been playing together well i just do not like Elias taking faceoffs. We can improve that by letting the REAL centers play center!

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
When do we hear about Matteau? I expect him to be sent down...

I am expecting him to be sent back. He will be good but i dont think he gives this team anything right now. He should go down be a beast of a player and he will come into camp next year with a chance to win a role on the team.

I would also rather he be playing the scratched later in the NHL season.

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
I am expecting him to be sent back. He will be good but i dont think he gives this team anything right now. He should go down be a beast of a player and he will come into camp next year with a chance to win a role on the team.

sounds about right to me. definitely should go back to juniors no doubt IMO.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010

I'll be very surprised if he stays up.

Played well, but u can start to see the end of the honeymoon was coming.

Go down, be a beast.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Cue the "Matteau is heading back to the Q and we've just signed UFA Mathieu Darche to a one year deal"

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I'm going to take a wild guess and say this is the lineup for tomorrow:

Josefson-Zajac-Kovalchuk
Zubrus-Elias-Clarkson
Carter-Gionta-Bernier
Barch-Henrique-Anderson

Jack Griffin

Jan 28, 2012
Florida
If Henrique is coming back sending Matteau to Juniors would create room for him but we'd still have to move someone else to sign Darche.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad