Rumor: 2013 League Rumors/Trades/Signings Discussion IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Afam*

Felger asked if something big is coming down the pike, Neely hesitated a bit but said they know waht they want to do, but it takes 2 to tango. Felgs asked how aggressive are they Neely says they have the chance to be aggressive because of the salary cap space right now.

Great minds write alike. Lol.

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
Maybe next season in terms of Seguin centering a line.. but it's unrealistic at best to expect, as a fan, that Seguin will be centering the 3rd line heading into the post season.

Again, next season? Sure. Not this year though. Too late for that

It's not about Iggy being better than Peverley. NO one is going to dispute that.. the problem is that you're getting rid of some serious depth.

The reason I even brought up that article that mentioned Pevz (and Pie) was because I thought it was ridiculous to even mention. I really don't think CGY is going to be asking for Peverley and Paille. I believe that's the only "source" even mentioning a roster player as part of the rumored 'deal' that needs to get done.

but I don't think you are messing up depth issues. you have Kelly coming back, Seguin can play center, Spooner can. You don't turn down an upgrade when you have other options to fill the 3rd line spot until the guy who is your actually 3rd line center comes back from injury. \

Remember Kelly is our 3rd line center Pev is filling in while he is hurt.

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
I know I don't get it. Concern for your 3rd line center (when your is hurt and will be back anyway - Hello Kelly) stops you from getting a major upgrade in scoring depth.

Kelly fractured his leg.. IF he comes back in time for the post season, he'll be getting back just in time for the most physically demanding post season in all of sports. It's a little unrealistic to expect him to anchor that line right away.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
I think Boston should pull the trigger 100%, no questions asked. Iginla is not having a great year, but I can't blame him after what he gets fed with year after year. Krejci would be a huge upgrade over any centreman he has played with in Calgary's history, he'll be motivated as well.

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
but I don't think you are messing up depth issues. you have Kelly coming back, Seguin can play center, Spooner can. You don't turn down an upgrade when you have other options to fill the 3rd line spot until the guy who is your actually 3rd line center comes back from injury. \

Remember Kelly is our 3rd line center Pev is filling in while he is hurt.

I think you misunderstood.. I'm kind of poo-pooing it because I seriously doubt Peverley would be part of the deal. not because the Bruins wouldn't want to get rid of him per say but because it flies in the face of everything we've heard about what CGY would want in terms of assets..

which up until this point have been picks and prospects.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I know I don't get it. Concern for your 3rd line center (when your is hurt and will be back anyway - Hello Kelly) stops you from getting a major upgrade in scoring depth.

Because Peverley for Iginla 1-for-1 doesn't get the deal done, and you can't just look at it in a vacuum. Sure that swap gives us an offensive upgrade, but it probably makes us worse defensively, less versatile, and in the real world we'd also be giving up picks and prospects in the deal. Not to mention re-signing Iginla could force us to let another player like Ference or Horton walk.

The goal should be to get Iginla while keeping the rest of our NHL roster intact. What is so hard to understand about that?

Afam*

I've never really taken anything Nelly has to say about the Bruins too seriously

project-54.jpg

Ha Ha.typo. I fix it.

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
Kelly fractured his leg.. IF he comes back in time for the post season, he'll be getting back just in time for the most physically demanding post season in all of sports. It's a little unrealistic to expect him to anchor that line right away.

In my opinion the Bruins are better with Iggy over Pev. You may disagree but a top 6of Lucic - Krejci - Iggy and March - Bergy - Segs. Will more then make up for your loss of depth on that 3rd line center spot.

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
I think you misunderstood.. I'm kind of poo-pooing it because I seriously doubt Peverley would be part of the deal. not because the Bruins wouldn't want to get rid of him per say but because it flies in the face of everything we've heard about what CGY would want in terms of assets..

which up until this point have been picks and prospects.

well that is a different argument. The argument I am talking about it the loss of depth on the bottom 6 is a reason to not trade Pev for Iggy (if that was the sceniero)

11MilesPerJohan

@BeingAHumanBean
Nov 8, 2011
McLean Hospital

I know. Third line centers are easier to find than goal-scoring, top 6 wingers (arguably top 3). Kelly may be back, Yeti is an option, & they could always make another move if need be. Just get the best player in the deal & move on from there.

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
Because Peverley for Iginla 1-for-1 doesn't get the deal done, and you can't just look at it in a vacuum. Sure that swap gives us an offensive upgrade, but it probably makes us worse defensively, less versatile, and in the real world we'd also be giving up picks and prospects in the deal. Not to mention re-signing Iginla could force us to let another player like Ference or Horton walk.

The goal should be to get Iginla while keeping the rest of our NHL roster intact. What is so hard to understand about that?

because the only roster player being talked about was Pev or Pie. Someone said that they would not trade Pev because it weakens the bottom 6 to much. I am saying that should not be a reason to not make the trade.

what is so hard to understand about that?

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Specter says Calgary wants goal tending but Chiarelli won't budge on Subban.

Neely2005

Nov 3, 2006
Toronto, Ontario
I think Boston should pull the trigger 100%, no questions asked. Iginla is not having a great year, but I can't blame him after what he gets fed with year after year. Krejci would be a huge upgrade over any centreman he has played with in Calgary's history, he'll be motivated as well.

I'm not sure that I'd go that far. He did play with Savard in Calgary.

Hamilton Brian

Apr 12, 2004
Hamilton, ON
I wouldn't want to discount the benefit of a strong 3rd line, though. There has been recent talk here in our folder around this and how the strength of that 3rd line helped cement the Cup win. Having all those lines rolling wear down the opposition. So, while all the interest is on Iginla, is there front office movement around getting a strong centre to replace Kelly? I want him back, but broken bones are broken bones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad