Rumor: 2013 League Rumors/Trades/Signings Discussion IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Who centers the 3rd line? Spoons?

If Kelly was healthy, I would feel abit better about trading Pevs...

This is the issue. PC is not going to go sacrifice a quality third line center for an upgrade on 1st line RW. The upgrade isn't substantial enough to justify it.

The only way Pevs goes for Iginla is if another third line center is acquired that we're not talking about. He's not going to bank on a guy with a broken leg, he's not going to bank on Seguin being ready, and the idea of Spooner centering a third line in the NHL playoffs this year is high comedy.

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
Who centers the 3rd line? Spoons?

If Kelly was healthy, I would feel abit better about trading Pevs...

you have many centers on this team and you can mix and match the lines for that. That should not hold up a Pev for Iggy swap.

how about
Lucic - Krejci - Iggy
March - Bergy - Caron
Pie - Seguin - Horton
Pando - Camp - Thornton

once Kelly comes back you can swap Seguin back to the right with Bergy and put Kelly on 3rd line center and put Merlot back together.

Iggy > Horton on 1st line
Horton > Pev as an over all player

YOu have much more scoring depth and 3 lines that are a scoring threat. Same formate as our cup year.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I'll post it again since it was back like 10 pages already.

Line potentials WITH IGINLA AND CLOWE:
Lucic - Krejci - Iginla
Marchand - Bergeron - Seguin
Clowe - Kelly - Horton
Paille - Campbell - Peverley
Thornton

or

Lucic - Krejci - Seguin
Marchand - Bergeron - Iglina
Clowe - Peverley - Horton
Paille - Kelly - Campbell
Thornton

Line potentials WITH IGINLA only:
Lucic - Krejci - Iginla
Peverley - Kelly - Horton
Paille - Campbell - Thornton
Pandawful

or

Lucic - Krejci - Seguin
Marchand - Bergeron - Iginla
Peverley - Kelly - Horton
Pandawful

In both trade scenarios, keeping Peverley for the bottom 6 makes both of those lines much much better than dealing him. He's a very versatile player, though I don't love the scenarios with him on the LW.

zaYG

Nerevarine
Jun 29, 2012
Santa Cruz, CA
Lucic - Krejci - Iginla
Peverley - Soderberg - Horton

Does anyone else see that as a cup winning forward group?

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Friedman:
no firm denials from Calgary this time
Flames in tough spot because of Iginla's short list
First time that trading Iginla could actually happen

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
Felger bugging Neely about his hate of the shootout. Asking him why they are mediocre in March. Felger says they are average in the last 3 years. Neely had no idea why. Neely says they are inconsistant more than anything, can't score goals, lots of chances, need to be a little hungrier. Crash the nets more. Mazz asked about the line changes and if he thinks they worked. He says sometimes you need to do that. Lucic prime example. He says Lucic needs to skate and hit thats his game.

Key to all this is he needs to be consistant with his effort, not just Lucic but the tea

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
you have many centers on this team and you can mix and match the lines for that. That should not hold up a Pev for Iggy swap.

how about
Lucic - Krejci - Iggy
March - Bergy - Caron
Pie - Seguin - Horton
Pando - Camp - Thornton

once Kelly comes back you can swap Seguin back to the right with Bergy and put Kelly on 3rd line center and put Merlot back together.

Iggy > Horton on 1st line
Horton > Pev as an over all player

YOu have much more scoring depth and 3 lines that are a scoring threat. Same formate as our cup year.

plus we also have spoons who has been ok so far and can fill in where need be. Bottom line is Iggy > Pev.

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
So if the Bruins acquire Iginla..On HNIC will he go from "Canadian icon and hero" to a villain because he plays for the Bruins?

Afam*

Felger brings up if they will make a big trade. Neely responds by saying it takes two to tango and they put themselves in position too do so because of the cap space. They have the opportunity to be aggressive. It also depends on the price.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
Hate those lines. Especially Caron on the 2.

It's temp until Kelly comes back. Or change it up with Spooner or Soder if he comes over.

Bottom line is you don't not trade a player for an upgrade like Iggy because you don't know who will center your 3rd line. This team is filled with players that can play center.

Its about balanced attack.

I was trying to keep 2 players that click togehter on each line.

Krejci - Lucic
March - Bergy

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
Felger asked if something big is coming down the pike, Neely hesitated a bit but said they know waht they want to do, but it takes 2 to tango. Felgs asked how aggressive are they Neely says they have the chance to be aggressive because of the salary cap space right now.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
It's temp until Kelly comes back. Or change it up with Spooner or Soder if he comes over.

Bottom line is you don't not trade a player for an upgrade like Iggy because you don't know who will center your 3rd line. This team is filled with players that can play center.

That I agree with

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
plus we also have spoons who has been ok so far and can fill in where need be. Bottom line is Iggy > Pev.

Maybe next season in terms of Seguin centering a line.. but it's unrealistic at best to expect, as a fan, that Seguin will be centering the 3rd line heading into the post season.

Again, next season? Sure. Not this year though. Too late for that

It's not about Iggy being better than Peverley. NO one is going to dispute that.. the problem is that you're getting rid of some serious depth.

The reason I even brought up that article that mentioned Pevz (and Pie) was because I thought it was ridiculous to even mention. I really don't think CGY is going to be asking for Peverley and Paille. I believe that's the only "source" even mentioning a roster player as part of the rumored 'deal' that needs to get done.

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
Only in Boston would we balk at trading an underperforming third-line player in a package for a future HOFer and a guy who can still play in anyone's top six.

I know I don't get it. Concern for your 3rd line center (when your is hurt and will be back anyway - Hello Kelly) stops you from getting a major upgrade in scoring depth.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Lucic - Krejci - Iginla
Peverley - Soderberg - Horton

Does anyone else see that as a cup winning forward group?

Where is Kelly? I'm pretty sure Kelly will be back for the playoffs...if not the start that at some point during them. Put Kelly in that 3rd line center spot and that is absolutely a lineup that is capable of winning a cup.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Felger brings up if they will make a big trade. Nelly responds by saying it takes two to tango and they put themselves in position too do so because of the cap space. They have the opportunity to be aggressive. It also depends on the price.

I've never really taken anything Nelly has to say about the Bruins too seriously

project-54.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->