Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonathan17

Trollface!
Nov 19, 2005
Oakville
POST # 467:

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?p=62454555#post62454555

"Is anybody watching Sportsnet? Not sure the validity of this but tweets are appearing that according to Sportsnet the guys on there are saying Iginla is negotiating a contract extension with the Bruins....."

As to the contract extension Boston could be negotiating IF Calgary gave them permission. Basically a Sign & Trade.

I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Which the Calgary play-by-play guy labelled as "false" as far as he knew, but he sounded like he knew a bit more than he was letting on. Let me re-phrase what the HockeyCentral guys said: They were seeing a number of tweets that said Iginla was negotiating a contract extension and asked if it was true or false. To make it sound like Milliard said Iginla was negotiating a contract would be wrong. That may have been unclear in the original wording.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
If there is one guy I do not want to see traded it is Svedberg, I think this guy can be better than Rask. I think Khudobin also has the talent to be a # 1 somewhere and could be a good replacement for Kipper if he is dealt until their prospects are ready, I wonder if we could get Calgary to accept Khudobin, Caron, Bartwoski, Peverley and a 1st for Iginla and Glencorss

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
If there is one guy I do not want to see traded it is Svedberg, I think this guy can be better than Rask. I think Khudobin also has the talent to be a # 1 somewhere and could be a good replacement for Kipper if he is dealt until their prospects are ready, I wonder if we could get Calgary to accept Khudobin, Caron, Bartwoski, Peverley and a 1st for Iginla and Glencorss

LOL if Chia can do that he is the GM of the century, everyone you mentioned there is a hack except Khudobin and you want Iggy AND Glencross.

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
Peverley yes no problem, Paille no, he in my opinion is the 7th player this year

No problem with Peverley?

I know Rich hasn't been tearing it up but that 3rd line is already tattered.. What do we go with if he's gone?

Pandolfo/Caron - Spooner - Horton?

teams would have an absolute field day with that in the playoffs.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Friedman is coming up on Fan 960.

I just heard him on HNIC. He's talking about Pittsburgh. bleh.

ETA: I should stipulate, the question he was asked was "what would be the best place for Iginla to land?"
not what is most likely.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Peverley yes no problem, Paille no, he in my opinion is the 7th player this year

Absolutely is no question about it. I'd still hold onto Peverley since trading him would still weaken the bottom 6. I really like the possibility of a Paille - Campbell - Peveley 4th line. Good speed and tons of energy.

neldogger

Dec 23, 2002
ma
Visit site
how do u know koko or spooner arent hacks? spooner hasnt looked good in boston yet.

koko couldnt hack it in russia.

id do lucic/horton for iggy and glencross or something close to that.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Peverley is not going anywhere, come on. People looking at his benching as indication that he might be shopped are probably missing the fact that Julien made it very clear that it was intended to get him going and he went as far as to say "we need Rich Peverley". Pevs is viewed as an important part of this team, IMO. I don't see the Bruins moving roster players aside from Caron (if he counts). As stated already, the goal is to add to this group, not to move laterally. Besides, the Peverley scratch worked...Pevs has been a man on fire since the scratch.

Dwatson783

@dwatson783
Feb 17, 2009
Boston, MA

I know Rich hasn't been tearing it up but that 3rd line is already tattered.. What do we go with if he's gone?

Only way it works is if:

1. you believe the Yeti will be over soon enough and play well enough to make that 3rd line work like it did when they won the cup.

or

2. there's a 2nd deal lined up to ship prospects for a filler.

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario

Im talking about if he is moved for Iggy. I have no problem if he is part of the deal to get him. As Scotto 74 put it " you get Iggy on the top line and move Horton to 3rd line in place of either Pie or Pev. you are not weaker on the bottom lines you are stronger on the top and Bottom lines."

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Im talking about if he is moved for Iggy. I have no problem if he is part of the deal to get him. As Scotto 74 put it " you get Iggy on the top line and move Horton to 3rd line in place of either Pie or Pev. you are not weaker on the bottom lines you are stronger on the top and Bottom lines."

Trading Peverley to get Iginla is a net loss IMO when you consider the other assets that will have to go the other way along with Pevs. I love Iginla, but if he costs a roster player I say forget it. Pick up Clowe for picks/prospects, maybe make a move for a D-Man and we're all set. Iginla is the ideal piece but I don't think he's good enough at this stage to start rearranging the team.

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
If Max Talbot is still available, he can play W or C. may be able to get him for a pick.

I like the looks of this:

Lucic Krejci Iggy
Marchand Bergy Siggy
Caron Talbot Horton
Paille Soupy Thorts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->