Speculation: 2013 League Rumors/Trades/Signings Discussion III

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I`ll believe it when I see it (Iggy moving), I have less confidence in Feaster accepting the Flames won`t make the playoffs than Iggy accepting a move somewhere.

Would Iggy be a fit on the Bruins?? Yep, but he`ll cost a price, and it will be much higher than the one the Penguins paid for Morrow who`s a guy who is not close to having the game he had. I don`t want to see the Bruins hand the farm over for Iggy but....... I`d give up a 1st rounder/Krug and a Caron to get him, like Morrow, Iggy`s game isn`t as relevant as it once was, nor has his game fallen as much as Morrow`s either

The Flames, totally guessing will be asking for a 1st, Spooner and a Krug/Caron, switch Koko with Spooner and I`m in

This place had become Las Vegas meets Disney

Kaoz*

But why does it have to be a UFA or prospect...

Who's to say it's not Seguin.

With the salary cap coming down, work will have to be done with the current Bruins lineup to get this team closer to the cap next year.

Seguin's already the best right wing we have. He can't be the second best as well. And the 3rd, and the 4th, and the 5th. :scared:

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
bye bye Horty if so

I am fine with this.

Horton was already a streaky player, with a lot of talent when we got him, now he is worse than streaky and his talent seems to have disappeared since his concussions. About the only thing left behind is the streaky part.

Whether the team picks up Iginla or not, I am to the point where I hope they do not re-sign Horton and look for some other sniper type winger.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Before Chiarelli took over, the Bruins last really good team was the 2001-2002 team that led the eastern conference in points but lost to the Canadiens in the first round. Even when they were up 3 games to 1 I said the slow defense would do them in, they needed at least one fast defenseman to offset molasses Gill if nothing else.
These are the defensemen that moved, as well as a couple scorers that may have helped the cause:

Tom Poti
Darius Kasparaitis
Jaro Spacek
Pavel Bure

Draft picks and prospects were the major piece in these deals going back to the other teams.
Here is a list of the Bruins top prospects from that year:

Lee Goren
Jay Henderson
Andy Hilbert
Cameron Mann
Kyle Wanvig
Nick Boynton
Jonathan Girard
Martin Grenier

Boynton had a nice career, Girard could have been special but tell me you wouldn't have traded the whole list for a better shot at a cup.

Don't overrate the Spooners, Knights, Subbans etc for a "rent a player" who can win you another cup, even if the current group pans out and has some legit NHLers in it they don't equal another championship.
The Bruins have a chance this year, with only Pittsburgh in the east looking like a better team and the Sabres having their number, to make another final and win another cup, I would rather have that then ten years of getting bounced in the second round with Spooner, Knight and Subban

cat400

Jul 30, 2005
ON Sportsnet's Flames Game last night John Shannon wondered whether Iggy had lost a step and his goal-scoring hands (that was before he scored in the 3rd).

Doug MacLean was excited that Iggy was finally going to get a centre to complement his talent.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Malcolm Subban
Jared Knight
Johnny Boychuk
Jordan Caron
2013 1st
2014 1st

for

Jerome Iginla
Jay Bouwmeester
2013 2nd
2014 2nd

5Minutes4Fighting

Light the Lamp!
Apr 9, 2010
Northern NJ
I don't understand how anyone gives up a # 1 in a deal for a rental unless they sign an extension as part of the deal....especially for a guy on the back end of his career.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I am fine with this.

Horton was already a streaky player, with a lot of talent when we got him, now he is worse than streaky and his talent seems to have disappeared since his concussions. About the only thing left behind is the streaky part.

Whether the team picks up Iginla or not, I am to the point where I hope they do not re-sign Horton and look for some other sniper type winger.

Streaky I can accept, disinterest, or at least the appearance of, not so much. Tis what I have said about DK but much less so this year and no reason for me to give a free pass to anyone else if I won`t to DK.

30 games in, if Horty isn`t comfortable by now.....

Kaoz*

DisVegas:sarcasm:

I see Iggy heading to LaLa land myself

Problem with LA is that they're in Calgary's division next year. I doubt LA wants to bolster Calgarys future with guys like Bernier and Toffoli, and I doubt Calgary wants to send their franchise player to a place he may resign in and whom they'd see rather consistently over the next few years.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Problem with LA is that they're in Calgary's division next year. I doubt LA wants to bolster Calgarys future with guys like Bernier and Toffoli, and I doubt Calgary wants to send their franchise player to a place he may resign in and whom they'd see rather consistently over the next few years.

So, I know your not a fan of proposing things, if you were however a betting man, what do you believe Feaster would ask for Iggy from Chia, and what would you say Chia is willing to part with?

Ruzicka38

Oh man
Jan 19, 2006
Hopedale
Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't want Iginla. There are two reason: the first is that I don't want to give up Spooner and the second is that the Bruins are not going to win the cup this year.
Look at their defensive depth. Look at their play in pressure situations (3rd periods). Look at Rask in the post-season (this will get the LF to lynch me). Look at their abysmal scoring. Iginla is not enough to fix ALL of these. Iginla is his prime probably would not have been enough to make this team a champion. They need a minor shakeup in the off-season and they need to fix the holes I mentioned above.

/rant

cat400

Jul 30, 2005
Eric Francis who covers the Flames has his take on trading Iginla.

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/03/2...y-flame-jarome-iginla-and-rest-of-flames-team

"With Iginla’s contract set to expire July 1 — his 36th birthday — the general belief is Iginla will fetch at least a late first-round draft pick and a prospect as a rental player. However, with at least three of the teams on his list extremely keen to add the future hall of famer in the next nine days, the competition could spur a club to cough up a top-nine forward, as well, if not a conditional pick should Iginla choose to re-sign with his new team."

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Eric Francis who covers the Flames has his take on trading Iginla.

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/03/2...y-flame-jarome-iginla-and-rest-of-flames-team

"With Iginla’s contract set to expire July 1 — his 36th birthday — the general belief is Iginla will fetch at least a late first-round draft pick and a prospect as a rental player. However, with at least three of the teams on his list extremely keen to add the future hall of famer in the next nine days, the competition could spur a club to cough up a top-nine forward, as well, if not a conditional pick should Iginla choose to re-sign with his new team."

OOOH, I`ll play

1st/Caron and Krug I`ll wager;)

Be happy to give them the 1st pick, Whitfield and Pandolfo though:sarcasm:

Taz#24

Feb 27, 2002
Washington DC
Visit site
I'm guessing...

This place had become Las Vegas meets Disney

It will take SPOONER, SUBBAN and a 1st to get IGINLA. If that's the case I think it's too much future for a stretch-run/playoff rental no matter how legendary he is.

The only way I would consider a deal of this nature is if FEASTER allows PC to negotiate an extension (2 years) prior to any deal and even then I would want Leland IRVING and Brian MCGRATTAN added to the deal. IRVING for depth in goal and take some sting off of losing SUBBAN, MCGRATTAN because teams are starting to beat us at our thing, team toughness. THORNTON is still a gamer and a very good fighter but he's not a spring chicken, CHARA shouldn't be fighting because he's typically our best D, LUCIC is playing less then inspired of late and MCQUAID is a middle-weight who can hold his own with the heavy's but his presence doesn't keep them honest. If PC does negotiate a new contract for IGINLA, HORTON's gone after this season. Maybe PC can even try and sub HORTON for a prospect in an IGINLA deal and allow Feaster to do the same (negotiate an extension with HORTON prior to a deal). At the risk of breaking up the LUCIC/HORTON bromance, something like SPOONER or SUBBAN, HORTON and a 1st for IGINLA, IRVING and MCGRATTAN.

MARCHAND-BERGERON-SEGUIN
LUCIC-KREJCI-IGINLA
For now...PAILLE-PEVERLEY-CARON
MCGRATTAN/PANDOLFO-CAMPBELL-THORNTON

With KELLY
MARCHAND-BERGERON-SEGUIN
LUCIC-KREJCI-IGINLA
CARON-KELLY_PEVERLEY
PAILLE-CAMPBELL-THORNTON
Depth-MCGRATTAN/PANDOLFO.

CHARA-BOYCHUK
SEIDENBERG-HAMILTON
FERENCE-MCQUAID
JOHNSON

RASK
KHUDOBIN

Kaoz*

So, I know your not a fan of proposing things, if you were however a betting man, what do you believe Feaster would ask for Iggy from Chia, and what would you say Chia is willing to part with?

Too much. The rumor from the article Randy quoted was a 1st, roster player, and prospect.

The roster player will no doubt not be a Chris Kelly or Rich Peverley type. Maybe they like Spooner enough that he fills this qualification, maybe not. The prospect will most likely be whatever prospect Calgary considers Bostons #1 (Subban likely). And the 1st likely won't have any conditions on it.

Wouldn't be surprised to see them ask for even more, a 2nd or some other prospect like a Knight, Krug, Bartkowski, etc etc...

I have no doubt Feaster is asking for the moon in regards to Iginla and the thought of paying up scares me just a lil. He strikes me as the type who would sooner have the option of telling the fans and ownership group that Iginla leaving was of his own designs in FA then he would lose on a trade so that made a lot of sense when I read it.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't want Iginla. There are two reason: the first is that I don't want to give up Spooner and the second is that the Bruins are not going to win the cup this year.
Look at their defensive depth. Look at their play in pressure situations (3rd periods). Look at Rask in the post-season (this will get the LF to lynch me). Look at their abysmal scoring. Iginla is not enough to fix ALL of these. Iginla is his prime probably would not have been enough to make this team a champion. They need a minor shakeup in the off-season and they need to fix the holes I mentioned above.

/rant

I`d be shocked if Chia moved Spooner, many here say they don`t care, but I can see it now, next year or shortly after, Spoons putting up pt after pt and Iggy can`t keep up with the play and those same fans who were "all on board" now, will have long abandoned Chia`s train

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Too much. The rumor from the article Randy quoted was a 1st, roster player, and prospect.

The roster player will no doubt not be a Chris Kelly or Rich Peverley type. Maybe they like Spooner enough that he fills this qualification, maybe not. The prospect will most likely be whatever prospect Calgary considers Bostons #1 (Subban likely). And the 1st likely won't have any conditions on it.

Wouldn't be surprised to see them ask for even more, a 2nd or some other prospect like a Knight, Krug, Bartkowski, etc etc...

I have no doubt Feaster is asking for the moon in regards to Iginla and the thought of paying up scares me just a lil.

With you there, I`m an admitted conservative Web GM;)

I cringe at the thought of pure rentals for high prices. Long proven that the "big splash" guys guarantee no more than making the smart moves for half the price

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad