Speculation: 2013 Leafs Trades/Proposals/Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cool Hand Luke

May 27, 2008
I would move Franson to one of the teams looking for defensive help for a stop-gap top 6 forward, even if he's not young. I wouldn't be into trading for an old dude, but we definitely need someone with experience to fill in for Lupes until he comes back, or the season will slip away from us.

Maybe?

Franson to:

Vancouver for Raymond?
Florida for Mueller?
Isles for Boyes?

Oskar The Groucho

Oct 2, 2009
Barrie
I would move Franson to one of the teams looking for defensive help for a stop-gap top 6 forward, even if he's not young. I wouldn't be into trading for an old dude, but we definitely need someone with experience to fill in for Lupes until he comes back, or the season will slip away from us.

Maybe?

Franson to:

Vancouver for Raymond?
Florida for Mueller?
Isles for Boyes?

I wanted Mueller in the offseason and was sad when we didnt sign him i would trade Franson for him striaght up in a heartbeat

Ricky Bobby

Aug 31, 2008

Maybe?

Franson to:

Vancouver for Raymond?
Florida for Mueller?
Isles for Boyes?

The Leafs shouldn't be making knee-jerk reactions and making trades for the purpose to possibly just get us into the playoffs.

If we trade Franson I want an asset that will help beyond this season. Toronto isn't in a make or break year to get into the playoffs. Making short-term deals for far to long is what got this team into a mess in the first place.

Even with Lupul going down we've got enough wingers to absorb the loss and still win games. Kessel, CMac, JVR and Kulemin will get the big minutes. Frattin gets called up and will join Komarov on the 3rd line. Then Brown/Orr can do the 4th line duties.

cup67

May 8, 2010
TORONTO
lupul 6 weeks?

do we need to make move to bring in a big power forward? now that lupul is gone for awhile.
if we are thinking of making the playoffs, are we good enough as we stand? with lupul in there, it looked like we would be fighting for 8th spot, atleast.
does nonis just play out the season? hoping we make the playoffs without lupul.
or do you think we should make a move to get a player? if so who? trade, ufa, rfa.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Any word on whether Clowe wants to stay in SJ? Since he's UFA, packaging Franson + another piece like a pick or a prospect would be great, especially if he has no interest in staying.

Johny Drama

Jun 7, 2009

Maybe?

Franson to:

Vancouver for Raymond?
Florida for Mueller?
Isles for Boyes?

I would wait to the treadline when everyone is clamouring to add depth on the blueline. Might be able to pry a decent prospect and draft pick by then. Wouldnt be upset to see JM Liles moved, either.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
do we need to make move to bring in a big power forward? now that lupul is gone for awhile.
if we are thinking of making the playoffs, are we good enough as we stand? with lupul in there, it looked like we would be fighting for 8th spot, atleast.
does nonis just play out the season? hoping we make the playoffs without lupul.
or do you think we should make a move to get a player? if so who? trade, ufa, rfa.

I think the Leafs have enough depth to not have to pull a trade for another forward.. Frattin's coming up, Ashton and Colborne can step in if there are other injuries .. And there's always Connolly

Would rather have those younger players fill in for the short term than acquiring another body, don't need another logjam

pspot

Dec 20, 2004
Kitchener
with cls off to a bad start Nonis should kick the tires on Dubinsky

He can play 3rd to 1st line, wing or center

Lupul - Bozak - Kessel
JVR - Grabovski - Kulemin
Dubinsky- Kadri - Mac
Komarov- McClement - Orr/Brown

Last edited:

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
BertCorbeau said:
Would rather have those younger players fill in for the short term than acquiring another body, don't need another logjam

I agree. Connolly however shouldn't see any big club ice time over our kids. It is just a wasted opportunity to develop a resource when you put him on the ice.

I'd love to get Clowe on this team. Watching the SJ game the other day, he stood out as a big bodied effective player. Mind you, he has great teammates, but still - he would look very good on our wing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rockinz

Leafs 4 the cup
Feb 25, 2010
Leaf Land
I agree. Connolly however shouldn't see any big club ice time over our kids. It is just a wasted opportunity to develop a resource when you put him on the ice.

I'd love to get Clowe on this team. Watching the SJ game the other day, he stood out as a big bodied effective player. Mind you, he has great teammates, but still - he would look very good on our wing.

i agree on Clowe

I think SJ will re-sign him though

Maddog63

Jul 11, 2011
What about

To TOR: Stastny
To COL: Bozak + Franson + Colborne? (Or someone else)

Mac - Stastny - Kessel
Kulimen - Grabs - JVR
Frattin - Kadri - Komarov
Brown - McClement - Orr

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
What about

They would laugh and hang up the phone.

Would you trade Kessel for ~McGinn + O'Byrne + Hishon?? Because that's essentially the equivalent of the trade you just proposed.

SarcazemKadri

Feb 15, 2012
Toronto
They would laugh and hang up the phone.

Would you trade Kessel for ~McGinn + O'Byrne + Hishon?? Because that's essentially the equivalent of the trade you just proposed.

Kessel is far, far better than Stastny. That offer is not far off at all, may require draft picks, but it is not ridiculous.

TmlHockeyFan

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto

Maybe?

Franson to:

Vancouver for Raymond?
Florida for Mueller?
Isles for Boyes?

Franson+Deschamp for Tanev (Vancouver)?

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Colorado sees him as their number one.

With O'Reilly out,they wont trade him and they probably over rate him.We need to move on as Statsny is high risk with that contract.He hasn't played well in a long time....

2 games 0 goals 1 assists - 3.If he sucks again this year,his value plummets.I can't tell if he has lost it or just wants out.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
What about

Mac - Stastny - Kessel
Kulimen - Grabs - JVR
Frattin - Kadri - Komarov
Brown - McClement - Orr

I like what I've seen from Bozak thus far this season, if the Leafs are trading a centre, it's got to be Grabbo, for a guy who was playing well in Russia, he looks awful, so does his buddy Kulemin, funny how MacCauther had his best game away from these two?

WhatASaveDave

Feb 3, 2010
toronto ontario
I like what I've seen from Bozak thus far this season, if the Leafs are trading a centre, it's got to be Grabbo, for a guy who was playing well in Russia, he looks awful, so does his buddy Kulemin, funny how MacCauther had his best game away from these two?

funny how kulemin had a 3 point game and Grabo had a 2 point game .....

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
funny how kulemin had a 3 point game and Grabo had a 2 point game .....

by your logic then they both played 1 good game, 2 bad ones, in a shorten season that won't help the Leafs get into the playoffs. What I find more worrisome is that Carlyle had to "call out Grabbo/Kuli" for them to put in a half decent effort, this after playing in the KHL for months?

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Kessel is far, far better than Stastny. That offer is not far off at all, may require draft picks, but it is not ridiculous.

Believe me it is ridiculous and way way way off ;).
Avs have no interest in any of those pieces. Like really no damn interest at all. Maybe Bozak for cheap now that Downie is out for the season.

If you want to add your next two 1sts and a good prospect, be my guest.

Basic rule of thumb if you propose a trade for one of our top centers is:

One of Kessel, Rielly , Gardiner, Phaneuf, 1st has to be included.

Otherwise it is straight out of fantasy land and will never happen in a million years.

leugangen

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto
Avs have no interest in any of those pieces. Like really no damn interest at all. Maybe Bozak for cheap now that Downie is out for the season.

Otherwise it is straight out of fantasy land and will never happen in a million years.

for Stastny? k.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
Lupol a powerforward?

Agree with the above, we dont need to trade to cover for him since we have players in the AHL who can step up and cover for him. If JVR (another big bodied non-powerforward) can get going there is no need to worry.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County

Oh good, you've been visiting this site for awhile then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad