Speculation: 2013 Leafs Trades/Proposals/Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Magic Man

With God given hands
Sep 1, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
I still wanna know what Carlyle was talking about with "a birdie told me something else is happening this afternoon..." Or whatever it was he was talking about. But either way it seems Nonis is allowing his 'kids' to play and decide the season. Somewhat of a commitment to youth and a possible tank. I'm liking what I've seen in the short tenure so far of Nonis.

p.l.f.

use the force
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
I still wanna know what Carlyle was talking about with "a birdie told me something else is happening this afternoon..." Or whatever it was he was talking about. But either way it seems Nonis is allowing his 'kids' to play and decide the season. Somewhat of a commitment to youth and a possible tank. I'm liking what I've seen in the short tenure so far of Nonis.

that doesnt sound like a roster move
something Nonis told him :naughty:

Defense

Oct 27, 2009
Carlyle needs to shut his mouth. Now i got my hopes up wondering if its a trade...

leugangen

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto
Carlyle is usually way more boring than Wilson was for interviews. Maybe he said this just to mess with us.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
A third line of JVR-Kadri-Wilson could be the leafs version of a kid line. All top 10 draft picks with huge potential, but haven't translated to the NHL yet. Could see a break out year for them.

But most likely Carlyle was just talking about something else, or just trollin.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
wilson would be somewhat expensive to grab no?

The Magic Man

With God given hands
Sep 1, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
I'm also not interested in acquiring more 2C's or especially 'potential' 2C's like Wilson unless it's cheap. I'd like to see us stand pat, and possibly use Kadri as a 1C occasionally. If we are gonna trade, make it for a real 1C.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
I still wanna know what Carlyle was talking about with "a birdie told me something else is happening this afternoon..." Or whatever it was he was talking about.

Weren't they planning to announce something for the fans today? On top of the Free Admission to Watch Practices thing? Or am I making that up lol? (I've read a lot of forum posts the last few days... not sure which are legit).

pspot

Dec 20, 2004
Kitchener
JoshuaCooper

Quote:
Trotz said Wilson got hit in the foot yesterday. He's ok and will be back tomorrow.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Carlyle's job isn't to entertain us with sound bites.

Nothing was fun under Wilson and Burke,I welcome Carlyle and "the kids" finally.The little bird must have been Connolly.

iLAICHjagrBOMBS

Jan 25, 2011
I'm sure this has been discussed but is Jamie Benn not EXACTLY what this team needs? I know it has been widely speculated that he doesn't want to play in a big market, but overlook this.

When I think big, young, talented #1C he is one of the first guys that comes to mind. He fits the core age of the team and would be that big body to get Kessel the puck. Let's assume you could offer sheet him in the $5M-$6.7 range...the compensation is a 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

The 2013 draft class is top notch, yes, but we have a number of good prospects in the cupboard. Forfeit one year of high picks, or maybe trade a current roster player for a 1st or 2nd and you have your franchise #1C. Thats something I easily do...

Chandrashekhar Limit

From the runaway slave to a modern day king.
Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
Guys, Benn is not happening. He IS the Dalls Stars, meaning the face of the franchise.

They will match any offersheet 100% (unless its like 8M/YR).

The Magic Man

With God given hands
Sep 1, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
I'm sure this has been discussed but is Jamie Benn not EXACTLY what this team needs? I know it has been widely speculated that he doesn't want to play in a big market, but overlook this.

When I think big, young, talented #1C he is one of the first guys that comes to mind. He fits the core age of the team and would be that big body to get Kessel the puck. Let's assume you could offer sheet him in the $5M-$6.7 range...the compensation is a 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

The 2013 draft class is top notch, yes, but we have a number of good prospects in the cupboard. Forfeit one year of high picks, or maybe trade a current roster player for a 1st or 2nd and you have your franchise #1C. Thats something I easily do...

I don't get much of a chance to see him play, but he's listed as a W on most sights. Does he always play C?

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
My name is Birdie...

Tweet,twerp,tweet Kess:laugh:el refuses to sign extension,tweet,tweerp tweet Corey Perry.

iLAICHjagrBOMBS

Jan 25, 2011
I'm saying its worth a shot for a guy that fits in so perfectly. We should be exploring all options to acquire guys like this.

I've watched Benn a lot and have seen him play more C than W.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad