Speculation: 2013 Leafs Trades, Proposals, and Free Agent Talk XXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
Andrew Walker ‏@fan960walker 1m
Hearing the #Leafs and D Cody Franson, the former Vancouver Giant, have stopped negotiating on new deal, and a trade looks to be coming

f he was the best dman in the playoffs....and the Leafs only RHD NHL dman!

Could be a good "sell high" moment.

He's never played top 4 minutes for any good stretch of games. He was a bottom pairing PP QB last season. Put up points, and had a good +/- because he was playing on the 3rd pairing against the oppositions weakest forwards.

We ARE weak at RHD, so thats an issue. But we have a ton of PMD. So id easily move him if his trade value is high. If he's locked up on a contract, it should represent the fact that he's been a bottom pairing defenceman for us. Especially as his offence will drop as Gardiner and Rielly take on larger roles.

Liles can fill his spot on the bottom pairing.

Scuderi-Phaneuf
Gardiner-Gunnarson
Holzer-Liles
Blacker

Dangles McGavin

RIP Lounge
Jul 7, 2010
Seattle/Waterloo
My ideal day today- I really don't care if we sign anybody. It all depends on the price.

Clarkson- no higher than 4.5
Weiss- Do not want. If he comes at <= 5, would take him.
Scuderi- would be a nice addition, if he comes cheap and on very short term.
Bozak- see ya, unless < 4
Macarthur- Would like him back! I think he's gone though.

Vexed

Magic Marner
Feb 4, 2011
Barrie
I know Franson is RFA, but if he signs with other team we can still get sth in return??

If he signs an offer sheet; yes.

The tweet mentioned a trade in the works which is typically what you want to do if an RFA doesn't sign. The Leafs will most likely want roster players over picks at this point but using him to recoup some of the picks from the Bolland trade wouldn't bother me much either.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I would hate to lose Franson. Obviouly it depends on the salary but I think we should really focus on re-signing as opposed to trading him. We saw what he could do in the playoffs, like being physical and very reliable in his own end, not to mention an excellent point shot.

With that said, if a trade brings us something valuable, it would be interesting. It would hurt our defensive depth that much more though, especially on the right side.

Pyromaniac3

Dec 19, 2011
Toronto
If he signs an offer sheet; yes.

The tweet mentioned a trade in the works which is typically what you want to do if an RFA doesn't sign. The Leafs will most likely want roster players over picks at this point but using him to recoup some of the picks from the Bolland trade wouldn't bother me much either.

I think it would be extremely stupid to get less than a roster player or a first round pick for him.

Vexed

Magic Marner
Feb 4, 2011
Barrie
Carlyle used him as a 3rd. pairing defender until injuries forced his hand.

Carlyle is why Grabovski was bought out.

I'll take a re-tool based around Carlylye's system. I think he's earned the right based on his history and his recent work here.

stakesishigh

how swede it is
Jul 9, 2009
Toronto
Wow seriously? This off-season seems pretty horrible so far.

Why are we having difficulty signing Franson? He had a fantastic year, seemed like he finally started to enjoy Toronto.

I Believe

Mar 5, 2011
Toronto
Unless it's an overpayment, I would hate to lose Franson. He's still so young, I see him as part of our core going forward.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
Carlyle used him as a 3rd. pairing defender until injuries forced his hand.

Carlyle is why Grabovski was bought out.

That's great and all, but he improved as the season progressed.

We will miss his offense from the backend. Greatly.

APV

Sep 28, 2009
something based around Stastny and Franson anyone?

I see this as the most likely scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad