Speculation: 2013 Leafs Trades, Proposals, and Free Agent Talk XXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

gabeliscious

Jan 8, 2009
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

No, stop trading our first round picks.... not worth for a declining center earning way to much.

he is only making way too much for one year. i was only advocating the trade on the stipulation that he is extended at a REASONABLE price. considering he is only 27 years old, he has a lot of hockey left in him. we would also be sending liles and his $3.9 million the other way.

i understand that stastnys numbers have declined over the past few seasons but do you really think he is washed up and done? do you not think that playing in a bottom dwelling team like colorado with no wingers and no goaltending, and no defense might affect the guy?

im not a fan of moving 1st round picks in general but we dont have anything else to move. if bozak could push 50 points playing with jvr and kessel i dont see how stastny cant put up 60-70 points playing on that line and getting top line minutes and top pp time.

Khobahi

Feb 13, 2013
Canada
Stastny is less than 2 years older than Kessel, and Lupul is more than 2 years older than Stastny.

They signed Lupul to a 5*5.25 deal.

Boland, declining 3rd. line center for a 2nd., 4th. and 4th. was that a :facepalm:?

Bolland trade would be miles better than a deal including our 1st for Stastny. The main value of the Bolland trade was a 2nd rounder. so if you want to do something like Liles + 1st 2014 for Stastny i think we are reaching to far and giving up to much for a player that might not even work out, i'd rather sign Bozak/Weiss/Ribeiro in FA for no assets.

I also think Liles has more value than most Leaf fans give him credit for, he played well for us on the most part and there are probably a few teams that would give us decent value for him, now if you wanted to do Liles + 2/3rd for Stastny sure, but not Liles +1st

If we are trading our first i think we could add a bit and get a better #1C, realistically i would rather not trade our 1st rounder at all (barring superstar player, which Stastny is not)

he is only making way too much for one year. i was only advocating the trade on the stipulation that he is extended at a REASONABLE price. considering he is only 27 years old, he has a lot of hockey left in him. we would also be sending liles and his $3.9 million the other way.

i understand that stastnys numbers have declined over the past few seasons but do you really think he is washed up and done? do you not think that playing in a bottom dwelling team like colorado with no wingers and no goaltending, and no defense might affect the guy?

im not a fan of moving 1st round picks in general but we dont have anything else to move. if bozak could push 50 points playing with jvr and kessel i dont see how stastny cant put up 60-70 points playing on that line and getting top line minutes and top pp time.

Im not denying that Stastny would be an upgrade over Bozak on the first line, but enough of an upgrade to warrant the return of the trade i think not, we have options in FA that would be comparable i believe.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Bolland trade would be miles better than a deal including our 1st for Stastny. The main value of the Bolland trade was a 2nd rounder. so if you want to do something like Liles + 1st 2014 for Stastny i think we are reaching to far and giving up to much for a player that might not even work out, i'd rather sign Bozak/Weiss/Ribeiro in FA for no assets.

If we are trading our first i think we could add a bit and get a better #1C, realistically i would rather not trade our 1st rounder at all (barring superstar player, which Stastny is not)

I'd give up 3*1st. round picks for a top end 1st. line center.

Can you think of any top end 1st. line centers available anywhere?

Team has been rebuilding for 5 years, so they sure the heck better not be picking in the top 2 any time soon.

pspot

Dec 20, 2004
Kitchener

Team has been rebuilding for 5 years, so they sure the heck better not be picking in the top 2 any time soon.

Thornton?

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
Woah, if Clarkson gets 6 mill and a seven year term what will Kessel demand. We should have extended him before free agency, lol. No wonder Bozak is asking for the moon, player agents know what's up!
Bozak and Clarkson have the same agent, I think he's an idiot as well as every average Joe that hears the numbers they're looking for.

Khobahi

Feb 13, 2013
Canada

If you are giving that up for a 1st line center, and trading with the AVs you better be asking for Duchene hell even MacKinnon, not Stastny

mydnyte

Sep 8, 2004

problem with the bolded, is the line underneath it. ...even if we were offering that, who would give up a player that is worth that much?

that would be Kopitar value wise. ...at least on par skill wise and in age with Kessel with the upgrade from the 2nd to 1st because of position.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
If you are giving that up for a 1st line center, and trading with the AVs you better be asking for Duchene hell even MacKinnon, not Stastny

Obviously, wouldn't give up 3*1st. for Stastny, but I'd give up the 1*1st. for an extended Stastny.

However, I know many were okay giving up multiple picks for a 3rd. line center.

We know Nonis will spend multiple draft picks for a 27 year old player.

Khobahi

Feb 13, 2013
Canada
Obviously, wouldn't give up 3*1st. for Stastny, but I'd give up the 1*1st. for an extended Stastny.

However, I know many were okay giving up multiple picks for a 3rd. line center.

We know Nonis will spend multiple draft picks for a 27 year old player.

How much better do you think Stastny will be over say Weiss or Ribeiro? Worth enough to trade a 1st rounder away?

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
Can David Clarkson please sign with Edmonton or Ottawa? I don't want to pay a 40 point guy 6M.

Nonis better not be stupid. I'd only sign that contract if we had unlimited compliance buy outs. :laugh:

This. I'll flip my lid if they sign anyone other than Cooke, Scuderi, or Ribeiro.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/status/353134769216827393

Darren Dreger

@DarrenDreger

Told no progress on Bozak extension talks with Leafs. Negotiation is ongoing. Sense is Nonis will not do $5 x 5yrs. Will someone else? #TSN

5:54 AM - 5 Jul 13

https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/status/353136719241027584

Darren Dreger

@DarrenDreger

Little doubt David Clarkson will get a 7 year term. Some gm's think he will get $6 mil or higher per. #TSN

6:02 AM - 5 Jul 13

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
LOL Clarkson. I will renounce if they do any sort of deal like that for a 3rd line grinder

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
People shouldn't be surprised if a top UFA is overpaid. The only differences this year is the Cap going down and unfortunately, there are very few A level UFA's this year, if any at all. So even B level players get paid top dollar. Clarkson will be signed early, there will be no hardball tactics by GM's on him because there are few options. But after the top 5 UFA's are signed, you will then see a dramatic drop in price.

Warrior16

Apr 30, 2010
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 1m
Leafs would love to add Scuderi to their blueline. All around solid d-man. Sounds like Leafs are Scuderi's top ufa choice. #TSN

Vexed

Magic Marner
Feb 4, 2011
Barrie
Andrew Walker ‏@fan960walker 1m
Hearing the #Leafs and D Cody Franson, the former Vancouver Giant, have stopped negotiating on new deal, and a trade looks to be coming

pspot

Dec 20, 2004
Kitchener
Andrew Walker ‏@fan960walker 1m
Hearing the #Leafs and D Cody Franson, the former Vancouver Giant, have stopped negotiating on new deal, and a trade looks to be coming

f he was the best dman in the playoffs....and the Leafs only RHD NHL dman!

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
Heck, yeah.

@DarrenDreger
Leafs would love to add Scuderi to their blueline. All around solid d-man. Sounds like Leafs are Scuderi's top ufa choice. #TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad