2013 CBJ Training Camp Thread (9/11-10/3)

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
Rob Mixer ‏@RobMixer 7m
Sure sounds like this week’s #CBJ line combos will debut tomorrow night: 38-17-10, 55-42-14, 11-19-13, 18-24-71; 7-47, 27-21, 6-20/58

Vinny out, Boone in, makes for an even younger team........lines by age

20-27-31
28-25-27
23-21-24
31-32-25

Comeau on the 2nd line?

Dmac is the oldest forward on the ice.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Vinny out, Boone in, makes for an even younger team........lines by age

20-27-31
28-25-27
23-21-24
31-32-25

Comeau on the 2nd line?

Dmac is the oldest forward on the ice.

After the first line, I think it's near impossible to label those other lines as "2, 3, 4" ... I think they're going to roll them all, and everyone's playing time (save the special teams players) will be close to even.

Not a bad lineup at all.

alphafox

Jun 14, 2011
After the first line, I think it's near impossible to label those other lines as "2, 3, 4" ... I think they're going to roll them all, and everyone's playing time (save the special teams players) will be close to even.

Not a bad lineup at all.

Yeah, if things pan out over the next few years we could end up as the next Boston. We aren't going to find any superstars any time soon (without a lot of luck), but we are going to have alot of capable two way forwards to go along with a solid D-Corp. Having Wennberg, Rychel, Dano (and apparently Bjorkstrand as well :yo:) as potential top 6 guys in the pipeline will give us the ability to roll 4 dangerous lines when added to Dubinsky, Anisimov, Jenner, Johansen, etc.

We have a few hurdles before we will be able to truly compete for championships, but we have a great foundation from which can be built a great team if we can use our assets wisely. I think it is going to be an interesting year as we see what we have in the young guys (Jenner, Murray, Johansen, Atkinson, Erixon) and the leadership (Dubinsky, JMFJ, Anisimov).

Last edited:

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Yeah, if things pan out over the next few years we could end up as the next Boston. We aren't going to find any superstars any time soon (without a lot of luck), but we are going to have alot of capable two way forwards to go along with a solid D-Corp. Having Wennberg, Rychel, Dano (and apparently Bjorkstrand as well :yo:) as potential top 6 guys in the pipeline will give us the ability to roll 4 dangerous lines when added to Dubinsky, Anisimov, Jenner, Johansen, etc.

We have a few hurdles before we will be able to truly compete for championships, but we have a great foundation from which can be built a great team.

Be sure to temper expectations for Bjorkstrand ... he's a long way away from being an impact player in the NHL. Off to a great start in the WHL, let's see if he can continue to progress.

alphafox

Jun 14, 2011
Be sure to temper expectations for Bjorkstrand ... he's a long way away from being an impact player in the NHL. Off to a great start in the WHL, let's see if he can continue to progress.

Yeah, I know. I did like him in junior though and I think he was one of the most overlooked players last year. I expected him to go mid 2nd round, but his size scared people off. I don't expect him to be a 60 point player in the NHL, but I do think he has that potential.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Yeah, I know. I did like him in junior though and I think he was one of the most overlooked players last year. I expected him to go mid 2nd round, but his size scared people off. I don't expect him to be a 60 point player in the NHL, but I do think he has that potential.

For me, it wasn't as much his size as it was his consistency. He would have a brilliant stretch, followed by an invisible stretch - which happened way too often for my taste. I do think he's potentially one of the steals of the draft, but he will have to get stronger, more consistent, and more competitive.

I have definitely seen stranger things happen. You can't teach the skill that he absolutely has, so there is plenty to work with.

alphafox

Jun 14, 2011
For me, it wasn't as much his size as it was his consistency. He would have a brilliant stretch, followed by an invisible stretch - which happened way too often for my taste. I do think he's potentially one of the steals of the draft, but he will have to get stronger, more consistent, and more competitive.

I have definitely seen stranger things happen. You can't teach the skill that he absolutely has, so there is plenty to work with.

Absolutely. I was less concerned about consistency, because from all reports that didn't stem from him not putting in effort (cough, Mantha, cough) It was a combination of factors (some of which I felt was adjustment to North American play) that I think will resolve themselves over time.

Roadman

Moving On
Sep 9, 2009
London OH

Isn't this exactly what you look for in the third round/ #89. Taking a shot at a guy that could really blossom but could go the other way just as well? Especially having had 3 first round picks. I think it was, strategically anyway, a great pick.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
So now we know for sure that Umberger isn't a 3rd liner :sarcasm:

trouble.gif

Thin ice, buddy. Thin ice.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Isn't this exactly what you look for in the third round/ #89. Taking a shot at a guy that could really blossom but could go the other way just as well? Especially having had 3 first round picks. I think it was, strategically anyway, a great pick.

Absolutely, this is what you look for in the third round. Bjorkstrand was a great pick, and in fact, I liked every player we picked at the draft table this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad