2013 CBJ Training Camp Thread (9/11-10/3)

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Arty could play very well with Gabby as well, so we can swap him with Duby if needed in the future.

The lines look pretty good and that's even with Horton missing.

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
I think a lot of our lineup is really interchangeable and that we're going to see lines rotated a lot until Richards can find guys that click. Even after they click, if they cool off I would expect more rotation again. Having versatile players would seem to be a good thing (minus the fact we have no league MVP type players aside from Bob).

There's nobody on this roster that's "that bad."

Let's say Boll has to play to keep the opponent from "taking liberties" against our top players. Who would you (and everyone else) think has a realistic chance of being a healthy scratch?

Honestly, who on our team is going to have liberties taken with them?
Johan, Gabby, Cam, Anisimov?

Most this team is either tough or willing to drop if needed (Dubi, DMac, Comeau, Boone, Calvert, Umby, Foligno, Boll).

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Letestu has had a lukewarm preseason. He didn't display any sort of scoring threat during the exhibition games (except the 1st one against Pittsburgh) and really was only there to move the puck.

Other than 2 goals in 5 games with 11 SoG? I would say lukewarm, or just downright cold, is reserved for guys like AA and Foligno.

To be honest, I didn't see many standouts in the two preseason games I saw.

Letestu starting out on the 4th line is a product of our depth and not a "lukewarm" preseason.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I
Honestly, who on our team is going to have liberties taken with them?
Johan, Gabby, Cam, Anisimov?

Without someone on the ice to do the dirty work, you just answered your own question.
Here's a better question for you: who would you rather have injuring their hand in a fight - Boll or Dubinsky, Calvert, Wiz, etc.?

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
I like the look of this. I might swap Anisimov and Johansen, or I might not. Maybe throw CAA out there as a second PP line. I also like that there is balance among the forwards to move guys up or down if need be.

Nikitin, Erixon and Prout are even 5-7 for me, and NN also slots up should the need arise.

Yeah, i just like Erixon and Prout more.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
"interesting"

Rob Mixer ‏@RobMixer 55s
#CBJ lines today: Jenner-Dubinsky-Gaborik, Letestu-Anisimov-Comeau, Calvert-Johansen-Atkinson, Umberger-MacKenzie-Foligno.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
my guess is that when healthy arty moves up to cam/calvert, joey back with foligno/umby and letestu, comeau, boll...

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
"interesting"

Rob Mixer ‏@RobMixer 55s
#CBJ lines today: Jenner-Dubinsky-Gaborik, Letestu-Anisimov-Comeau, Calvert-Johansen-Atkinson, Umberger-MacKenzie-Foligno.

Change Comeau and Foligno and I like these lines.

It'd be interesting to see how that 3rd line would do.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
"interesting"

Rob Mixer ‏@RobMixer 55s

That line is a bit surprising for me. I would have guessed they'd put Artem between those two.

The Sweetness

Jul 15, 2010
Stockholm
So how has Atkinson looked this year? It was unfortunate he sprained his ankle so badly last year after having such an impressive year in the AHL.

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
"interesting"

Rob Mixer ‏@RobMixer 55s

If anyone said when he was acquired that less than four years later, RJ Umberger would be on the fourth line as a result of system depth, I think there'd have been a happy dance. Or an institutionalization.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
If anyone said when he was acquired that less than four years later, RJ Umberger would be on the fourth line as a result of system depth, I think there'd have been a happy dance. Or an institutionalization.

Or that he played his way there?

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
"interesting"

Rob Mixer ‏@RobMixer 55s

Very. I think their skills go well together, but I didn't expect Calvert-Johansen-Atkinson to be a line to start the season.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit

It has far more to do with his actual play than the depth, although that certainly plays a role.

Pre-2010 Umberger looks really damn good next to Dubinsky-Gaborik.

alphafox

Jun 14, 2011
I'm intrigued by the Calvert-Johansen-Atkinson line. I hope that having a finisher on the wing in Atkinson and a spark-plug like Calvert will help Joey with his offensive game. As for Arty I actually would like him with Umby and Foligno. Arty creates his own offense and would make a solid shutdown line while being able to counter attack effectively, which pairs well with Umby and Foligno.

thebus2288*

Ha I was waiting for this to happen. Was getting a little worried though. Glad Richards made the move. Johansen must be pumped, but there's no excuse now if he doesn't put some pts up between those 2. Hope to see these lines opening night.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I'm intrigued by the Calvert-Johansen-Atkinson line. I hope that having a finisher on the wing in Atkinson and a spark-plug like Calvert will help Joey with his offensive game. As for Arty I actually would like him with Umby and Foligno. Arty creates his own offense and would make a solid shutdown line while being able to counter attack effectively, which pairs well with Umby and Foligno.

I hear you, but I don't look at Letestu and Comeau on Arty's wings and say "Oh poor Arty". Those guys can score and play the other end too, so I like giving them a shot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad