2013 CBJ Training Camp Thread (9/11-10/3)

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
Roster

Forwards (34): 84 Alex Aleardi, 53 Josh Anderson, 42 Artem Anisimov, 13 Cam Atkinson, 36 Jonathan Audy-Marchessault; 32 Cody Bass, 40 Jared Boll, 65 Oliver Bjorkstrand, 11 Matt Calvert, 39 Michael Chaput, 43 Sean Collins, 14 Blake Comeau, 12 Ryan Craig, 17 Brandon Dubinsky, 71 Nick Foligno, 10 Marian Gaborik, 46 Oliver Gabriel*, 59 Jake Hansen, 8 Nathan Horton, 38 Boone Jenner, 19 Ryan Johansen, 34 Andrew Joudrey, 82 Jeremy Langlois, 55 Mark Letestu, 83 Broc Little, 45 Spencer Machacek, 24 Derek MacKenzie, 67 Nick Moutrey, 52 Kerby Rychel, 85 Lukas Sedlak, 5 Jack Skille, 37 Dalton Smith, 18 R.J. Umberger, 76 Trent Vogelhuber

Defensemen (19): 57 Gianluca Curcuruto, 20 Tim Erixon, 48 Cody Goloubef, 64 Dillon Heatherington, 7 Jack Johnson, 62 Thomas Larkin, 78 Joe Lavin, 54 Austin Madaisky, 49 Patrick McNeill, 29 Ilari Melart, 27 Ryan Murray, 6 Nikita Nikitin, 50 Blake Parlett, 47 Dalton Prout, 28 Frederic St. Denis, 58 David Savard, 51 Fedor Tyutin, 44 Will Weber, 21 James Wisniewski.

Goaltenders (5): 72 Sergei Bobrovsky, 60 Oscar Dansk, 31 Curtis McElhinney, 30 Mike McKenna, 35 Jeremy Smith.

Schedule

Last edited:

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
One bad thing in drafting Europeans is their absence for camp. Would be great to see them against NHL guys but I'm sure Jarmo has got a keen eye watching their overseas performances.

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
My fah-vo-rhite phonetic spelling list:
wihz‐NOO‐skee
JAWN‐LOO‐kuh kuhr‐kuhr‐ROO‐toh (looks like a character from Star Wars)
SAIR‐gay bawb‐RAWF‐skee
heh‐thuhr‐ING‐tuhn (isn't this HARDER to say than Heatherington???)
DOO‐bihn‐skee

JKinCLE

killing time @ work
Jul 10, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
I'm being dragged down from Cleveland by the girlfriend for the Breakaway Music Fest on Saturday(I hate electronic music), so being able to watch the scrimmage beforehand makes the trip more than bearable! :D

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
I don't know, but seeing that he's a forward taking a low number, I hate him already.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
wihz‐NOO‐skee
SAIR‐gay bawb‐RAWF‐skee
DOO‐bihn‐skee

How is this the pronunciation for Smith?

SMIHTH

It's a 1 syllable word.

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
wihz‐NOO‐skee
SAIR‐gay bawb‐RAWF‐skee
DOO‐bihn‐skee

I REALLY wish that more people could read IPA.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
So I have next week mostly off. I might drag my guy down for the scrimmage. He doesn't know much about hockey. This could be a fun way to introduce him.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I'm being dragged down from Cleveland by the girlfriend for the Breakaway Music Fest on Saturday(I hate electronic music), so being able to watch the scrimmage beforehand makes the trip more than bearable! :D

Just let her go now. It will be much easier that way. Nobody should have to endure electronic "music" for the rest of their life. Any schmuck who spends enough time with a macbook and some software can make that crap. They should spend their time in a garage with a guitar or some drums instead.

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
Excited to see what stories unfold from camp. Can't wait for the pre-season games to start!

and my OT post of the day:

Just let her go now. It will be much easier that way. Nobody should have to endure electronic "music" for the rest of their life. Any schmuck who spends enough time with a macbook and some software can make that crap. They should spend their time in a garage with a guitar or some drums instead.

Oddly enough, my friends are in the opening act Forrest and the Evergreens, which is a great local funk band that has absolutely no ties with electronic music whatsoever. They all went to Capital which has a phenomenal program, and they have sax and trumpet players involved. Hardly seems appropriate given the lineup. Mojoflo is also playing, another Columbus funk band. The rest is, sadly, a bunch of hacks. I'm a local musician myself trying to earn my stripes, and music like this makes me sick.

FANonymous

Nov 7, 2010
Oddly enough, my friends are in the opening act Forrest and the Evergreens, which is a great local funk band that has absolutely no ties with electronic music whatsoever. They all went to Capital which has a phenomenal program, and they have sax and trumpet players involved. Hardly seems appropriate given the lineup. Mojoflo is also playing, another Columbus funk band. The rest is, sadly, a bunch of hacks. I'm a local musician myself trying to earn my stripes, and music like this makes me sick.

Say hi to Mike Twice for me.

JKinCLE

killing time @ work
Jul 10, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Any schmuck who spends enough time with a macbook and some software can make that crap.

I've been preaching this for a while now. There is literally not one artist I am interested in, so I'll definitely check out the local funk band. Oh well. At least I can hit up some of the arena district bars for the first time later that night!

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
Media Day, today, so camp is almost here! I saw a note the the officials camp has opened, I'd love to see what kind of preparation they go through for the season. The NHL Network or (better yet) NBCSN should put something together on that, it could be really interesting!

Edit: here's a link to a bit of info on their camp:

http://www.simcoe.com/news-story/4065341-town-welcomes-nhl-officials-for-7th-year/

Last edited:

FANonymous

Nov 7, 2010
Media Day, today, so camp is almost here! I saw a note the the officials camp has opened, I'd love to see what kind of preparation they go through for the season. The NHL Network or (better yet) NBCSN should put something together on that, it could be really interesting!

Edit: here's a link to a bit of info on their camp:

http://www.simcoe.com/news-story/4065341-town-welcomes-nhl-officials-for-7th-year/

There is a lot of training on how to delay games with excruciatingly long referee conferences and how to ruin games with missed and/or incorrect calls.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Well it all starts today. Good write-up in the Dispatch.

http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com/content/blogs/puck-rakers/2013/09/eve-of-camp.html

One thing that bothered me was Richards saying he wasn't going to experiment with CAM or Gabby at LW during camp & exhibitions. Doesn't seem completely logical to me to miss an opportunity to at least see them there when it doesn't count. When Horton comes back it will be more problematic to slide one of them over.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad