2013 Bridgeport SoundTigers Discussion Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Going to Utica tonight to watch Bridgeport play Vancouver's affiliate. Will concentrate on mostly Strome and Lee, if there is another player you want me to look at, please ask. I will be leaving home around 5:30 if you have any requests post them by then.

have a fun and safe trip Prof.DREX!!!! your the man...

My requests would be if you can of course...

Strome
Lee
Mayfield
Sudstrom

and as a wildcard/ Bounus is Kabanov officially in Bust territory...

Thanks

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
have a fun and safe trip Prof.DREX!!!! your the man...

My requests would be if you can of course...

Strome
Lee
Mayfield
Sudstrom

and as a wildcard/ Bounus is Kabanov officially in Bust territory...

Thanks

Those are the best players to watch, will gladly do so. Leaving now for Utica, about a 50 minute ride.
Should be home around 11, will try to post something tonight, if not tomorrow,also have to update the juniors and college in the prospects thread.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Those are the best players to watch, will gladly do so. Leaving now for Utica, about a 50 minute ride.
Should be home around 11, will try to post something tonight, if not tomorrow,also have to update the juniors and college in the prospects thread.

Awesome!!! Have fun and be safe...Make sure you enjoy your self, don't feel obligated to report tonight were Islanders fans we can wait...;)

scott99

May 13, 2005

Rex, there is a reason why you are a hockey god on these boards. Thanks for the GREAT reports in advance, greatly appreciated.

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
Bring that line up to LI, waive Regin and Bouchard, sit InvisiBailey, insert Nelson.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
Lee and Strome just assisted on Donovan's goal to make it 4-2.

Donovan's numbers have been pretty impressive since being sent down.

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
Strome just added a goal. 1-2-3 on the night. Everything at even strength. +4. Still about 9 min left in the 3rd, 5-2 BP.

hello Mr Snow, my name is Ryan Strome, i'm ready to play in the NHL now...are you listening?

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
Just returned home from Utica, nice game from the Sound Tigers better players tonight. Strome was really good, will give a little report shortly. Going to update the junior and college scores in the prospects thread. One bit of potential bad news, went to the car and put on tune in radio and caught the Erie post game, Pelech was hit in the face with a puck late in the game, don't know if it's bad. Currently listening to the WHL heavyweight game Portland at Edmonton.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
Just returned home from Utica, nice game from the Sound Tigers better players tonight. Strome was really good, will give a little report shortly. Going to update the junior and college scores in the prospects thread. One bit of potential bad news, went to the car and put on tune in radio and caught the Erie post game, Pelech was hit in the face with a puck late in the game, don't know if it's bad. Currently listening to the WHL heavyweight game Portland at Edmonton.

Really sucks about Pelech. Hopefully it's nothing serious. I really want to see him at the WJCs.

On the Tigers game, when you post your report can you give a rundown of those roughing penalties in the 3rd. Wanted to see if someone went after Strome or something.

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
Really sucks about Pelech. Hopefully it's nothing serious. I really want to see him at the WJCs.

On the Tigers game, when you post your report can you give a rundown of those roughing penalties in the 3rd. Wanted to see if someone went after Strome or something.
Pelletier of Utica took a shot at Strome, Mayfield went after Peletier then Strome stood up for himself and went at Peletier, good for him. Utica did get a powerplay and scored on it but Bridgeport had control of the game.

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
I will go into more detail tomorrow. Personally and some of you may not like this, I would give Strome some more time, for now. At the moment with the Islanders on the road trip the point is moot. More of a question is strength than anything else-for sure not as a wing. Strome has been a center all year, he is not a grinding type player and his skills look best suited in the middle. In the game he was setting teammates all night. His goal was a thing of beauty, the Sound Tigers broke out their own end when Halmo fed him a pass at center ice. He took it and did the rest,beating the Utica goalie with a wrist shot under the crossbar.

More tomorrow on the game and thoughts on Strome, Halmo, Lee, and Mayfield. Kabanov was scratched, Pedan must still be hurt, would have liked to see him.

Last edited:

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
i know nothing about halo to be honest, but it seems all he does it pot goals......is he just a tough little goal scorer, a la moulson 2.0?

once again, complete guess off of stats...never seen him play....i guess more importantly, can someone give a brief synopsis on his game?

and by the way...great to see strome killing it.....if he is really starting to hit his stride, give him a few more weeks in the AHL....let him really start brimming with confidence....then bring him up

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
Good morning,just back from running, time to clean up and have breakfast. The game highlights are on soundtigers.com and there is a video of Strome's goal on islanderspointblank which is from the other side of the rink which shows how the play develops better. The Utica Auditorium is small, holds around 4000 and I guess it was three quarters full. Found out last night that this was a location used in the movie Slapshot.
Will have some things on each player you asked me about and of course more Strome a little later this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad