Injury Report: 2013-2014 Uber Injury Updates Part 2 (Latest news in Post #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Why do we care what Flyers fans think?

I don't spend a lot of time wondering what the animals at the zoo are thinking.

What animals are thinking is usually obvious.

abd-313.gif

Crafton

Liver-Eating Johnson
May 6, 2010
San Francisco
maybe it's because i've never been all that enamored with Hammurabi, but i can't conceive of a scenario wherein i'd be pleased with any player suffering a concussion.

also, hopefully someday people will stop misappropriating the religious/spiritual construct of karma to justify their glee at the misfortune of others.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Well... I guess at least now he can't absolutely lose his **** in the next two matchups and get suspended for 10+ games.

Silver linings?

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Looks like Jokinen is taking Neal's place on the top PP unit. I'd rather see another right-handed shot on that top PP unit while Neal is out to balance the PP.

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
Reading the Flyers board. Theyre actually celebrating Neals concussion. I swear to god, that fanbase.......... Lets hope Sid are in beast mode and we win both games. That would severely hurt their chances of making the playoffs

I swear to God, they'd take more pride in ending a player's career than they would in winning a championship.

And I think that even includes Ed Snider.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
I don't wish it upon anyone, but it'd be quite funny if someone on the Flyers got a concussion in one of the Pens games.

That's funny, because the only guys I kinda want to get hurt play for the Penguins. Not because I hate the individuals, but because it's the only way they'll get out of the lineup.

Sid, Geno, Neal, Letang. You have to hold your breath every time they go into a corner. Hell, Letang got "hurt" at home.

But of course, Craig Adams, who blocks every shot he possibly can, is Cal ****ing Ripken.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
1 more week until Letang return speculation? Or has he been shut down for good?

The 21st was the earliest possible date for him to return. There haven't really been any updates on his status ... although, he did work with Kadar before practice in full gear today, so there's that.

NastyNick

Sep 7, 2007
Pittsburgh
The plus side of this is that the team tends to clench up and play better when there are lots of injuries.

The downside is that the team will go into yet another playoff having guys trickle into the lineup and not having a good clean ramp up.

This is especially bad for the powerplay. Neal is a big part of why their style is working. Without him they are going to change it up and lose some of that important chemistry building time.

NastyNick

Sep 7, 2007
Pittsburgh
1 more week until Letang return speculation? Or has he been shut down for good?

My hunch is that hes coming back soon.

There isn't any precedent for that kind of Injury. It may be stupid and reckless for him to return so soon, but no one is going to know enough to stop him.

Neal on the other hand, who the heck knows?

Boo Boo Bennett will probably slip on a lose tile in the shower

strandvag

Feb 14, 2014
Stockholm/San Diego
My hunch is that hes coming back soon.

There isn't any precedent for that kind of Injury. It may be stupid and reckless for him to return so soon, but no one is going to know enough to stop him.

Neal on the other hand, who the heck knows?

Boo Boo Bennett will probably slip on a lose tile in the shower

Playing hockey again won't give him a higher risk of getting another stroke. So it isn't reckless. The question is what kind of symtoms he still is carrying with him. Balance and coordination is kind of important in a fast sport and he needs to overcome his symtoms. It can take a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad