Injury Report: 2013-2014 Uber Injury Updates Part 2 (Latest news in Post #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
“He hasn’t played a lot of hockey,†Bylsma said. “He’s got to get back in and find some playing time and game time to know where he’s at.â€

Danny boy don't sound too optimistic about Bennetts comeback. It will probably take a long time before Bylsma promotes him from the 4th line.

If that was Adams, DB would be saying "We need that leadership and PK ability back in the line up. He will find his way."

For BB.. it sounds so negative.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
I get the idea of Gibbons, because he's really top-6 or bust, but I think I'd probably go with:

KCG
JMS

assuming this Neal thing is short term.

if it's long term, I guess I keep Gibbons with Malkin as a stopgap until Bennett is healthy.

I was actually thinking the opposite. If it's a mild concussion that won't keep him out too long, keep Gibbons with Geno. If it's pretty serious and they think he'll be out for awhile, put Stempniak with Geno and have Bennett play with Sid when he comes back.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Neal's out indefinitely with a concussion. No upper-body injury ambiguity, just a flat out concussion. That's not good.

Kunitz's status is still up in the air as well.

An already bleak outlook for the post season is looking downright grim.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Earlier this year it seemed like every time a player came back from injury, another one went down. With Bennett due back sometime this week, it looks like that trend is continuing.

I think the Hockey Gods wanted to take out Kunitz, but he wasn't having it. I guess they went after Neal instead when that failed.

In all seriousness though, does anyone recall him getting hit?

Penguinzilla*

if bylsma does this:

kunitz crosby gibbons
jokinen malkin step

i will officially hate bylsma forever

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Pens gonna Pens. I have zero recollection of him getting hit, but that being said who knows if it happened in the last game or not.

Them just saying it's a concussion is unnerving.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
if bylsma does this:

kunitz crosby gibbons
jokinen malkin step

i will officially hate bylsma forever

disturbing-lemon.gif

ComplianceBuyout

Feb 18, 2009
Montreal
Could get bennett moved up with geno a little quicker now.

Still amazes me how when one guy is about to return from an injury, another guy drops. Its like clockwork

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad