Injury Report: 2013-2014 Uber Injury Updates Part 2 (Latest news in Post #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

steveg

Jul 8, 2012
Norman, OK
Did Letang even get the corrective work done on his heart?

Don't believe so; last I had heard, they are not positive yet that this was the cause of the stroke to begin with. And even at that, apparently the current medical research is inconclusive that fixing the heart issue is necessary/helpful (per one of the posters here, can't remember whom)...

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
I can't think of any point and time when Neal got hit hard or anything close to that. This has me baffled and pissed.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
No he did not. It seems like they aren't going to do it

Don't believe so; last I had heard, they are not positive yet that this was the cause of the stroke to begin with. And even at that, apparently the current medical research is inconclusive that fixing the heart issue is necessary/helpful (per one of the posters here, can't remember whom)...

Thanks guys.

I would assume Letangs rigorous training routines are out from now on?

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I can't think of any point and time when Neal got hit hard or anything close to that. This has me baffled and pissed.

The injuries and the extent of them the last few years is ridiculous.

I wish this was something we could laugh about, but this team's losing too many years of great talent by not being able to compete because of them.

strandvag

Feb 14, 2014
Stockholm/San Diego
Thanks guys.

I would assume Letangs rigorous training routines are out from now on?

I think the hard training is doing him good! It shouldn't be a problem to do heavy exercise when he is off his blood thinners. The biggest question is how much damage this stroke did to his balance/coordination, and if it will be good enough to compete at a high level. Most likely it will. I don't think he will return this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->