Injury Report: 2013-2014 Uber Injury Updates Part 2 (Latest news in Post #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael8771*

we really need Malkin and Letang back asap
Well, it would be nice. I'd like to have some more entertainment value when I watch the pens play. Less AHLers more NHL all stars. :)

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Game Day vs. NYR ... No Malkin or Letang

01.03.14 - Game Day vs. NYR
Malkin skated at length this morning. Letang skated 2nd time with team, not in tonight's game, per coach Bylsma #Pens @penguins

No Malkin or Letang, rest of lineup is game-time decision. Fleury starting in goal #Pens @penguins

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Shelly Anderson ‏@pgshelly
Bylsma indicated Vokoun, past 3-month mark and still on blood-thinners, could get more medical direction in next several weeks.
https://twitter.com/pgshelly/status/419532472347791360

Pittsburgh Penguins ‏@penguins
Beau Bennett stepped on the ice (not in gear) for a couple minutes before the Zambonis

BdJ-FVfCIAAFdrG.jpg

FDBluth

Jul 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
I kinda don't want Letang to come back. He plays the game with a weird rhythm that just seems to kinda screw things up.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Damn. Beau still with the cast.

I said the other day that I think that his cast will be coming off sometime this week. Monday will mark 6 weeks since his surgery and I'm pretty sure that's around the time that they take the casts off.

The fact that his existence has been acknowledged (a couple times now) for the first time since the injury is a positive sign.

Harv

R.I.P. Pavol.
Dec 30, 2007
I said the other day that I think that his cast will be coming off sometime this week. Monday will mark 6 weeks since his surgery and I'm pretty sure that's around the time that they take the casts off.

The fact that his existence has been acknowledged (a couple times now) for the first time since the injury is a positive sign.

Beau will have the cast off on Tuesday.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
NHL Man Games Lost January 7, 2014
1 Pittsburgh 253
2 Anaheim 209
3 Carolina 199

20 Washington 101
21 Nashville 90
22 Chicago 89
23 St. Louis 88
24 Boston 87

http://www.mangameslost.com/nhl-man-games-lost-january-7-2014/

I added 20-24 for those who say Ovechkin (40% of the man games lost of PGH) or Kane (35% of the man games lost of PGH) carried their team more than Crosby. Also for the point that the top western teams and Boston have been healthy.

As an aside, why is this thread not stickied given the obvious significance of injuries this year? We have lost almost 20% more man games than anyone else in the league?

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
Can I make a value added request to the OP?

It would really help myself (and probably others) if you could include a column in the table that uses the "expected recovery" to calculate an estimated return date. This way we have an easy reference of when these players might return with regards to the schedule.

Last edited by a moderator:

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK

It would really help myself (and probably others) if you could include a column in the table that uses the "expected recovery" to calculate an estimated return date. This way we have an easy reference of when these players might return with regards to the schedule.

As an aside:
BB is in dangerous territory as to becoming a bust IMO. It is very unfortunate that he cannot seem to maintain his health for any consistent period. This has been happening for way too long for him. At some point, he will start to have long term effects from all these injuries (if he's not already there).

Bennett's 22 and in his short NHL career so far I think he's shown he can be a top 9 forward. Isn't his injury this time a broken bone of some kind? if so I'm not too concerned about that. We wont need to worry about him being for at least two more seasons.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
NHL Man Games Lost January 7, 2014
1 Pittsburgh 253
2 Anaheim 209
3 Carolina 199

20 Washington 101
21 Nashville 90
22 Chicago 89
23 St. Louis 88
24 Boston 87

http://www.mangameslost.com/nhl-man-games-lost-january-7-2014/

I added 20-24 for those who say Ovechkin (40% of the man games lost of PGH) or Kane (35% of the man games lost of PGH) carried their team more than Crosby. Also for the point that the top western teams and Boston have been healthy.

As an aside, why is this thread not stickied given the obvious significance of injuries this year? We have lost almost 20% more man games than anyone else in the league?

Crazy to see the Ducks as well right up there behind us and how well both teams are doing this year

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Crazy to see the Ducks as well right up there behind us and how well both teams are doing this year

True, but still the gap between the Pens and Ducks in MGL, almost 20%, is huge. The Pens are doing it with magic. ie, Crosby. Yes, some of the defensive callups have been good as well, but face it, it is Crosby willing this team to win and putting them on his back.

Pittsburgh has 143 goals and Crosby is in on 65 of them, 45% of all goals scored.

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
Bennett's 22 and in his short NHL career so far I think he's shown he can be a top 9 forward. Isn't his injury this time a broken bone of some kind? if so I'm not too concerned about that. We wont need to worry about him being for at least two more seasons.

Beau can't take a slapshot to the wrist without it breaking. Bust.

Fogel

Analytics please
May 10, 2010
PA
I prefer http://springingmalik.blogspot.ca/ .

He utilizes man games lost and uses average TOI and cap hit to help provide more info. Only downside is he updates it about once every 2-3 weeks so it isn't always the most up to date, but it provides a comprehensive picture of the cap and time impact of the missing players.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011

Done. I calculated by calendar week, i.e. Friday to Friday, rather than actual days so your mileage may vary. Let me know if I've made a mistake ...

Looks like Martin is a little behind in his expected recovery. Although after the knarl he went through with the Devils the last time he broke a bone, I can understand why he wouldn't rush anything.

Last edited by a moderator:

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Done. I calculated by calendar week, i.e. Friday to Friday, rather than actual days so your mileage may vary. Let me know if I've made a mistake ...

Looks like Martin is a little behind in his expected recovery. Although after the knarl he went through with the Devils the last time he broke a bone, I can understand why he wouldn't rush anything.

And let's be honest here, he was selected on Team USA, you really think he is going to rush back. + we have plenty of defensemans, no one will rush him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad