Injury Report: 2013-2014 Uber Injury Updates Part 2 (Latest news in Post #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Geno's extremely valuable, did I say anything different? Did I suggest he play if there's a good chance of re injury? He's paid a lot money, yes? Maybe some fans are tired of watching a bunch of AHLers suiting up in the pens uniforms. It's getting annoying. And also, if you want home ice it's important to get guys back. Conversely if you don't care about such a thing we could just sit Sid and Neal and whoever for most games the rest of the season, you know, cause every game is meaningless.

We have a 14 point lead on our division. Home ice is not exactly a concern right now.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
What about the conference? We are up on Boston by 5 but they have two games in hand.

Even if they hypothetically won their next two games, we'd still be ahead. They are dealing with quite a few injuries at the moment themselves.

Home ice hasn't exactly helped us in recent memory anyways. I'd rather have players 100% for the playoffs without home ice than players beat up with home ice.

Michael8771*

Even if they hypothetically won their next two games, we'd still be ahead. They are dealing with quite a few injuries at the moment themselves.

Home ice hasn't exactly helped us in recent memory anyways. I'd rather have players 100% for the playoffs without home ice than players beat up with home ice.
OK well if you don't care about home ice and such why not just play your key guys 60 games a year? Just coddle and protect them the best you can. Sure we as fans who'd like to see Sid, Neal and Geno can just wait for another game. We can watch the Connor's and Sill's of the world do their thing.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Geno's extremely valuable, did I say anything different? Did I suggest he play if there's a good chance of re injury? He's paid a lot money, yes? Maybe some fans are tired of watching a bunch of AHLers suiting up in the pens uniforms. It's getting annoying. And also, if you want home ice it's important to get guys back. Conversely if you don't care about such a thing we could just sit Sid and Neal and whoever for most games the rest of the season, you know, cause every game is meaningless.

My entertainment is not worth someone playing with pain for pretty much no reason. My enjoyment is not worth another man's pain.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
My entertainment is not worth someone playing with pain for pretty much no reason. My enjoyment is not worth another man's pain.

Exactly.

I love watching Sid and Geno play, but I want to see them at their best and healthiest. They shouldn't do what's not right for them just to appease parts of the fanbase that think their entertainment is more valuable than the players' health.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
It's been about 5 and a half weeks since Bennett's surgery. I believe that typically casts come off around the 6 week mark, so I think his should be coming off soon.

I guess how quickly he returns after that will be based on how quickly he gets enough strength back to feel comfortable playing. I don't expect him to be shooting much when he first gets back. That won't be much of a problem if Sid makes the commitment to shoot more though.

Megna skating is a positive sign. It'd be nice for someone to return before their projected date for once.

:laugh:

Exactly. I get that he wants to play, but all I can think of if how Neal played the first game of the season, agitated his injury in the first period and then was out for weeks.

Hey, wiffle ball injuries are hard to diagnose.

Michael8771*

Actually it is. They're paid millions of dollars why? To entertain fans. Without fans they have no job or massive incomes. So yeah they're paid to entertain us. If we weren't ''entertained'' this particular professional sport would cease to exist. With that in mind I do expect them to play unless injured.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Actually it is. They're paid millions of dollars why? To entertain fans. Without fans they have no job or massive incomes. So yeah they're paid to entertain us. If we weren't ''entertained'' this particular professional sport would cease to exist.

We don't live in ancient Rome. Geno has the right to stay out if he doesn't feel fit to play. If you aren't entertained enough, stop watching.

Now I don't just disagree with your opinions on hockey. I disagree with your opinions as a person.

Sidney BrOSSby*

Locked in the Washer
Nov 28, 2007
Kampuchia
Playing with a concussion is bad. Too many players are willing to hide the effects of them just for a chance to get in the playoffs. Best to take your time. If a guy is just sick, you have to think he's playing. Am I wrong?

Michael8771*

We don't live in ancient Rome. Geno has the right to stay out if he doesn't feel fit to play. If you aren't entertained enough, stop watching.

Now I don't just disagree with your opinions on hockey. I disagree with your opinions as a person.
That's fine by me. I expect more in being entertained than you do. :)

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009

hell, I bet if Geno doesn't play he's being overruled. Players WANT to play through pain.

Think back to the game Geno got hurt in. He had already come out of the game after a violent-looking collision. Then he came back in a game that wasn't all that important and in which the Pens had a lead. That was likely Geno saying he was fine, fighting to go back in.

I'm sure he's fighting to go back in now. It's NOT his call, he's not a doctor. The Pens have invested, what, about $120MM into him? I think they'll use a bit longer view here.

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA
Actually it is. They're paid millions of dollars why? To entertain fans. Without fans they have no job or massive incomes. So yeah they're paid to entertain us. If we weren't ''entertained'' this particular professional sport would cease to exist. With that in mind I do expect them to play unless injured.

This is ridiculous. If he's injured he won't play. If he is not injured, he will. How complicated is that?

It has nothing to do with your shallow and trite expectations to which you somehow feel entitled because you watch them on TV. What it does have to do with is ensuring Geno is playing as many games as he can for the entire season. Which means, actually--now stay with me--that he may have to sit if he's not 100% in essentially meaningless games.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
That's fine by me. I expect more in being entertained than you do. :)

that's fine. I just assume people are generally decent. I expect them to be somewhat selfish, but usually not to the point that they hold their own entertainment above other people's healthy and general well-being. Sometimes people prove me wrong. It keeps me on my toes.

Michael8771*

that's fine. I just assume people are generally decent. Sometimes people prove me wrong. It keeps me on my toes.
I'm not decent because I want our star player to play? Wow, that's a reach. :laugh:

And for the record you're wrong, most people aren't very decent when push comes to shove, you'll find that out.

Michael8771*

This is ridiculous. If he's injured he won't play. If he is not injured, he will. How complicated is that?

It has nothing to do with your shallow and trite expectations to which you somehow feel entitled because you watch them on TV. What it does have to do with is ensuring Geno is playing as many games as he can for the entire season. Which means, actually--now stay with me--that he may have to sit if he's not 100% in essentially meaningless games.
You need to pay close attention here. I said he shouldn't play if he's injured. I also said if he's in excruciating pain he shouldn't play. Got it??

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I'm not decent because I want our star player to play? Wow, that's a reach. :laugh:

And for the record you're wrong, most people aren't very decent when push comes to shove, you'll find that out.

no, because you think your own entertainment is more important than his pain and discomfort.

Michael8771*

no, because you think your own entertainment is more important than his pain and discomfort.
If it's minor soreness than sure. Most athletes deal with a little discomfort for one reason or another, that's the business they're in.

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA
You need to pay close attention here. I said he shouldn't play if he's injured. I also said if he's in excruciating pain he shouldn't play. Got it??

Nice try genius. You said you expect him to play unless he's injured because, as a fan, you want to be entertained and that without you, a fan needing entertainment, the sport doesn't exist--or some such piffle. That is ridiculous, deeply shallow (oxymoron intended) and profoundly childish.

Here's the point--again: If he can play, he will--and it has nothing to do with you, or your little need for entertainment. Got it?

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Nice try genius. You said you expect him to play unless he's injured because, as a fan, you want to be entertained and that without you, a fan needing entertainment, the sport doesn't exist--or some such piffle. That is ridiculous, deeply shallow (oxymoron intended) and profoundly childish.

Here's the point--again: If he can play, he will--and it has nothing to do with you, or your little need for entertainment. Got it?

also this.

Michael8771*

Actually it's a fundamentally sound argument. Maybe the simple logic escapes you. In any case yeah, I expect him to play if he's not injured. Why should a player not play otherwise? He's paid a lot of money. He should earn it. Oh, and yeah I of course should be entertained!

Ally22

Jul 3, 2013
Actually it's a fundamentally sound argument. Maybe the simple logic escapes you. In any case yeah, I expect him to play if he's not injured. Why should a player not play otherwise? He's paid a lot of money. He should earn it. Oh, and yeah I of course should be entertained!

He said he feels pain and weakness when he's hit. If he comes back sooner when he's not 100% yet, and because of that he reinjures himself or worsens his nagging injury and has to miss 2 months because of it, was it worth it? He should not come back unless he's 100%. This isn't the Olympics, and it's not the playoffs. We're in the top 3 or 5 teams in the league right now so we're not fighting for any spots. If he misses a few more games until he stops hurting then that's fine, because a few games here and there won't ruin my year. If you can't stand to watch Penguins hockey without him, then I dunno, watch Sid and enjoy how lucky we are to have him. If that doesn't entertain you enough then don't watch until he comes back. Rewatch Breaking Bad or something. Who cares.

Also how the hell was this gif not posted in this thread yet.

are-you-not-entertained.gif

Michael8771*

He said he feels pain and weakness when he's hit. If he comes back sooner when he's not 100% yet, and because of that he reinjures himself or worsens his nagging injury and has to miss 2 months because of it, was it worth it? He should not come back unless he's 100%. This isn't the Olympics, and it's not the playoffs. We're in the top 3 or 5 teams in the league right now so we're not fighting for any spots. If he misses a few more games until he stops hurting then that's fine, because a few games here and there won't ruin my year. If you can't stand to watch Penguins hockey without him, then I dunno, watch Sid and enjoy how lucky we are to have him. If that doesn't entertain you enough then don't watch until he comes back. Rewatch Breaking Bad or something. Who cares.

Also how the hell was this gif not posted in this thread yet.

are-you-not-entertained.gif
Breaking bad doesn't interest me and as a die hard fan I simply don't miss games. beyond that I love your Gif, well done!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad