Injury Report: 2013-2014 Uber Injury Updates (Latest news in Post #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
12.28.13 - Practice @ Nationwide Arena, Columbus
#Pens on ice for practice in Columbus. All healthy players present, and injured players Malkin and Scuderi participating.@penguins

Malkin not on a regular line, not on power play at #Penguins practice. Not looking likely for Sunday at CBJ. @pgshelly

Scuderi is "possible" to play tomorrow vs CBJ, per coach Bylsma #Pens @penguins

Malkin has yet to be cleared for contact in practice. That is the next step in his progression #Pens @penguins

Malkin not cleared for practice, thinks that will be soon; Scuderi fully cleared medically, awaiting word from coaches. #Penguins @pgshelly

Earlier tweet should have said Malkin not cleared for *contact in practice* #Penguins @pgshelly

Last edited:

Random Oracle

Aug 3, 2005
Would have liked to see Malkin back on Sunday, obviously, but better keep him sidelined until he's 100% healthy. One advantage of having such a huge lead in the division is that you don't need to force injured players back into the lineup earlier than would be otherwise prudent.

BumFortyOne

Nov 13, 2006
Berkeley
Would have liked to see Malkin back on Sunday, obviously, but better keep him sidelined until he's 100% healthy. One advantage of having such a huge lead in the division is that you don't need to force injured players back into the lineup earlier than would be otherwise prudent.

Yeah, I'd imagine that if it were the playoffs that both Scuderi and Malkin would be playing by now. But as long as this team is leading the division by a mile there's absolutely no reason to rush anybody back before they're 100%.

TheStatican

Mar 14, 2012
They never did clarify what the hell Malkin's injury was did they. Gotta love the transparency this organization demonstrates at times. :sarcasm:

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
When it's a season-ending injury, they tell us. When it's not, they don't.

Malkin is skating and joking in the post game, I think he'll be fine.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Yeah, Malkin seems to be completely fine. He said today that he could be cleared to practice with the contact as soon as tomorrow (possible, but not sure). He also said that playing in Columbus is not a real option but the next game after that potentially could be his return.

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
Yeah, Malkin seems to be completely fine. He said today that he could be cleared to practice with the contact as soon as tomorrow (possible, but not sure). He also said that playing in Columbus is not a real option but the next game after that potentially could be his return.

This is probably the best-case scenario playing out given how it looked when he hit the boards a couple of weeks ago. I hope Malkin is more aware of his speed close the boards in the future - he's already had two huge crashes into them this season. The 3rd one might turn out to be more serious.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Bennett, still in a cast, it looks like it goes above the elbow. Megna, not on crutches, I don't see a brace but idk about that one.

tumblr_myiwr5kX2A1sjcd99o1_500.png

tumblr_myiwr5kX2A1sjcd99o2_500.png

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Bennett, still in a cast, it looks like it goes above the elbow. Megna, not on crutches, I don't see a brace but idk about that one.

tumblr_myiwr5kX2A1sjcd99o1_500.png

tumblr_myiwr5kX2A1sjcd99o2_500.png

I'm sorry ... all I can see in that picture is that girl's pants and the Dunkin sign :laugh:

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
12.29.13 - Game Day @ Nationwide Arena, Columbus
Letang skating without apparatus on his arm. Has full range of motion, per coach Bylsma #Pens @penguins

Scuderi told the coaches he's ready to play. But the decision is up to them #Pens @penguins

**No announcement on this, but on the Pens roster page, Scuderi has been activated from IR and Malkin has been placed on IR

Last edited:

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
12.29.13 - Game Day @ Nationwide Arena, Columbus

**No announcement on this, but on the Pens roster page, Scuderi has been activated from IR and Malkin has been placed on IR

Does that say anything about Malkin's return date or is it just an admin move. If Malkin's on IR now, when's the earliest he can be activated?

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Does that say anything about Malkin's return date or is it just an admin move. If Malkin's on IR now, when's the earliest he can be activated?

I would guess it's an admin move, since they activated Scuderi ... easier than sending one of the call-ups back from a road game. Malkin's IR should be retro-active to the 15th, so I think he can be activated at any time.

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
I would guess it's an admin move, since they activated Scuderi ... easier than sending one of the call-ups back from a road game. Malkin's IR should be retro-active to the 15th, so I think he can be activated at any time.

That makes sense. Thanks.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA

Indeed, it's a paper move which only means Geno can't play today...which he obviously wasn't going to anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad