Injury Report: 2013-2014 Uber Injury Updates (Latest news in Post #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LetangInTheSO

Oct 17, 2008
Well that doesn't sound good.

Certainly not. This is one of those cases where if he plays tomorrow after that comment, you have to look at axing anybody involved with allowing him to play. The team has a double-digit lead on the division. Other than the fans' entertainment value, there is literally zero reason to rush this 8-digit asset back into action.

djt153

Dec 26, 2003
Certainly not. This is one of those cases where if he plays tomorrow after that comment, you have to look at axing anybody involved with allowing him to play. The team has a double-digit lead on the division. Other than the fans' entertainment value, there is literally zero reason to rush this 8-digit asset back into action.

hard to agree more with this post. the regular season means next to nothing for the penguins at this point.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Exactly. Let him sit until the Olympics if that's what it takes. A playoff spot isn't in any danger, and neither is our grip on the division.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013

Yeah I agree. If he doesn't feel 100%, I don't want him playing.

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
Lame. Do they even know what it is? Or is it just believed to be "general hockey soreness" or something? I don't like the lingering stuff..

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
You guys don't think fans' entertainment value is a big deal?

This is a serious question, I'm curious to hear replies.

compared to the health of a player? No. A player should never rush back for the sake of the fans. The fans shouldn't even be considered.

LetangInTheSO

Oct 17, 2008

Imagine, as an owner, committing eight figures to a guy you're relying on to make your franchise competitive for a decade (and in turn, buoying the value of your franchise during that time). Then, imagine jeopardizing this guy's long-term health in order to please fans for a couple of games when the team absolutely doesn't need him from a competitive standpoint.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013

Geno is still feeling weakness and pain whenever he gets hit. I doubt that they hit as hard in practice as an opponent would in a game.

I don't think it'd be real entertaining to watch Geno suffer a setback from playing before he was ready.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Anyone want to get the new thread started? i'll I'll look this one up upon the new thread being created.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve

No, I think it is a fairly big deal. But what Malkin brings long term, or rushing him back for short term entertainment and losing the long term; there's no reason to risk it. A player's health trumps the fans every time, these players are investments and Malkin is a very big investment. You also have to define entertainment. Is it winning? Is it skills on display? Is it physical play? Is it speed? Is it effort?

Crosby is also still there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad