Injury Report: 2013-2014 Uber Injury Updates (Latest news in Post #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
besides, there are varying degrees of 100%. I think it would be a bit foolish to assume he doesn't lose some speed from this, and that's a major issue since the only thing Dupuis has going for him (other than his work ethic) is his speed.

Yeah, losing a step for Dupuis would be almost as devastating as losing a step would be for Grabner.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Sucks cuz i wanted to enjoy Dupuis playing 3rd line minutes this year and cheering the guy on. DB made that impossible and then this happens.

I just feel dirty looking for positives in it.

Heres hoping to a great recovery Dupers.

NeedleInTheHay

Mar 26, 2008
Exactly, outside of Adrian Peterson I have not seen anyone be 100% from an ACL in less than 1 full year (see RGIII this season).

Uhh did we all forget Evgeni Malkin tearing his ACL/MCL and coming back the next year with the best season of his career?

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Uhh did we all forget Evgeni Malkin tearing his ACL/MCL and coming back the next year with the best season of his career?

Malkin did miss some games earlier in that season because the knee was giving him some issues. In fact, even in the games he did play he was rather meh until December. That's when he really turned it on. I think we also have to consider that Malkin is younger than Dupuis and is a much better player.

NeedleInTheHay

Mar 26, 2008
Malkin did miss some games earlier in that season because the knee was giving him some issues. In fact, even in the games he did play he was rather meh until December. That's when he really turned it on. I think we also have to consider that Malkin is younger than Dupuis and is a much better player.

Well he tore it Feb of 2011 and started tearing the league apart Dec of 2011, that ain't too shabby.

eXile59

Shirts on.
Jan 2, 2009
PA
At 35 a ACL tear could very well be career ending.

Dupuis is a very hard worker off the ice which is definitely going to work in his favor but I don't think him returning this year is realistic & next year it will still be hard for him to be a 100% IMO

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
ACL was what I expected based on watching the hit on his knee. This does give Shero some extra cap space to play with and we aren't stuck with KCD anymore. The only bad news is that Megna and Bennett are also injured right now. We may have gotten a long look at one of them with Sid but I guess we still could before the end of the season.

PKV Jungle Friends

Not Growing a Garden
Feb 17, 2007
The Sanctuary
We wanted it when we have some other guys healthy.

:laugh: I know

I'm not trying to start any BS or whatever, but i feel like we as a board always have those one or two guys that we want gone and I never seem to be on board.

Dupuis is not the first option to play in anyone's top line but he's not nearly as out of place as these boards would have you believe.

Well...now he is with the likely long recovery, but you know what I mean.

BumFortyOne

Nov 13, 2006
Berkeley
I think that really depends on how he declines, especially after this injury.

True. I just expect to see some really crazy salaries doled out over the next few years, especially by teams that need to make the cap floor. Florida did this a few years ago, signing basically every tweener type free agent there was to some fairly big money deals just because they needed to get to the floor.

CraigAdamsnumber1fan*

Hopefully he is able to get his wheels back. That's a big part of his game.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
Well, now we have 3.75 back in cap space. We can keep Niskanen!

But seriously, we might. It does free us up to snag an expiring contract or a Neal type situation whereas other teams like Boston are at the cap.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Sucks that we have to root for injury here (Dupuis) because the GM (don't re-sign him) and coach (don't play him on Line 1) are too obtuse to do the right thing.

That said, this news can ONLY HELP the Pittsburgh Penguins going forward. I don't care if Dupuis ever gets his speed back. We know he'll never find his hands. Maybe by the time he's ready to play again, we'll have a new coach, and Dupuis can go back to being what he was always supposed to be...though now as a heavily paid role player.

Cardboard Orpik

Out 4-6 Weeks
Jun 18, 2011
If Dupuis loses his speed, he's out of the top six forever. I don't care how adorbz the matching friendship bracelets he and Sid have are, he's going to down in the bowels of the forward lines eating up PK minutes.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
I don't think he meant anything like that. I think he meant that there's still a lot of time to get the top-6 sorted out, whereas if Dupuis went down post-deadline, he wouldn't be able to make a move to shore it up.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Man, I forgot about this one--look what an ACL tear did to Dustin Jeffrey.

http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/recap?id=2010020976

Click the OT goal.

He didn't move anything like that after he rehabbed his knee.

The toughest part is that DJ's weakness was his skating and he worked hard enough at it where it became a strength, then he hurt his knee...that was the end of him having any promise with the team going forward.

Sucks that Dupes is out, but this gives a kid on the team a better shot. Whether it's Megna or Bennett...if healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad