Speculation: 2013-2014 Trade Speculation (All Players) | Part V | KCD is no more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I am. Kunitz and Neal should be together. Whether it's with Sid or Geno.

Kunitz-Sid-Neal
McGinn-Malkin-Beau

Make a move at deadline for depth if need be. Especially if Megna doesn't look like a top 9 option.

No, they shouldn't be. But two guys of similar caliber should be on each of Sid and Geno's lines.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
The Pens have made a substantial hockey trade before every Cup win in franchise history.

91: John Cullen, Zarley Zalapski, and Jeff Parker for Ron Francis, Ulf Samuelsson, and Grant Jennings.

92: Mark Recchi for Rick Tocchet, Kjell Samuelsson and Ken Wregget

09: Whitney for Kunitz

I was thinking multiple trades.

Then again, if Shero wants his 11 defensemen for the playoffs, we're sitting right at that number now without making a move, so it's a moot point.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Kule-Geno-Jagr works for me too.

You lost me at Jagr. And not just because I'm a card carrying member of the '**** Jagr' club, but because I do not want Shero to bring in any rentals. I want Shero to make hockey trades that will benefit this team going in to next season as well as for the playoffs.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh

Then again, if Shero wants his 11 defensemen for the playoffs, we're sitting right at that number now without making a move, so it's a moot point.

well that trade in 90-91 had 3 guys going in and 3 guys going out. 1 trade or 3, that's a lot of change in the line-up.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009

trade Despres, sign Eaton

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
No, they shouldn't be. But two guys of similar caliber should be on each of Sid and Geno's lines.

Well if we had a goal scoring LW like Pacioretty, Kunitz and Neal should be together and Pacioretty - Bennett would be the other pair.

Obviously with the personnel we have Kunitz and Neal have to be apart, but in the right scenario, I'd like to see them together.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
And I think the very last thing you we would want to do is split up Neal and Geno.

And one thing is for sure, the UFA market is pretty ****** this coming offseason. Additions will be better made by trades.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Well if we had a goal scoring LW like Pacioretty, Kunitz and Neal should be together and Pacioretty - Bennett would be the other pair.

Obviously with the personnel we have Kunitz and Neal have to be apart, but in the right scenario, I'd like to see them together.

absolutely.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
at that point, why wouldn't you keep Neal with Geno? Bennett shouldn't be the better wing on whichever line he's on.

Sid's line faces the tough matchups. I'm more worried about Sid than Geno.

As Kirk will agree, Geno can work with a Kule/McGinn type and Beau. He's never needed Neal to be great.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
taking Neal from Geno would be the biggest dick move in the history of dick moves.

1) it doesn't solve the problem. You still have a hole at RW no matter what line Neal is on

2) Those two are like Bosom Buddies™ now. If they were like Crosby/Dupuis levels, okay, but they have it on and off the ice to a magnificent degree.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Cammy to Pens, I bet a line of Kunitz-Crosby-Cammy would be money. We could then re-sign him for 2-3 years or go all in for Eberle.

Michael8771*

I don't think you take Neal off of Geno (unless he's out for a long time). Sid and Geno should each have one of Kunitz or Neal. Otherwise we become more of a one line team.

Michael8771*

Cammy to Pens, I bet a line of Kunitz-Crosby-Cammy would be money. We could then re-sign him for 2-3 years or go all in for Eberle.
I'd love to get Eberle, but EDM's demands for return on him might be too steep.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
taking Neal from Geno would be the biggest dick move in the history of dick moves.

1) it doesn't solve the problem. You still have a hole at RW no matter what line Neal is on

2) Those two are like Bosom Buddiesâ„¢ now. If they were like Crosby/Dupuis levels, okay, but they have it on and off the ice to a magnificent degree.

Agreed, Malkin-Neal stay together, forever!

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
So I'm gonna assume if Despres is moved for McGinn. And Geno/Neal are split. This board is gonna be unreadable for the near future.

Good to know.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
So I'm gonna assume if Despres is moved for McGinn. And Geno/Neal are split. This board is gonna be unreadable for the near future.

Good to know.

no more unreadable than having someone post, "Despres is going to be traded" every 5 posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad