Speculation: 2013-2014 Trade Speculation (All Players) | Part V | KCD is no more

Status
Not open for further replies.

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
jagrwatch%2525201984.jpg

I'd rather have Cammy :laugh:

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
trust me, we all know that. But nobody is arguing that Jokinen should be in the top 6 come playoffs at this point.

I think we should bring in someone to compete with Bennett for the spot with Sid. Bring in a left wing for Geno and Neal, and a right wing that can play with Sid or on the 3rd line depending on how he and Bennett perform. I don't see how that's unreasonable or an insult to Bennett.

I don't even think Bennett has to be slotted with Sid. He can play anywhere and be effective. But to say, "He couldn't even beat out Jokinen in the preseasonz!!!1!!" as an argument...well...that's just dumb. He's a better hockey player in every single way, and it's not even close.

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010
I don't even think Bennett has to be slotted with Sid. He can play anywhere and be effective. But to say, "He couldn't even beat out Jokinen in the preseasonz!!!1!!" as an argument...well...that's just dumb. He's a better hockey player in every single way, and it's not even close.

"Beau needs to earn his keep first..."

Dan-Bylsma-27.jpg

:sarcasm:

Seedling

Tier 7 fan (ballcap)
Jul 16, 2009
Canada
Any interest in Hemsky? I know lots of teams are looking to trade their expiring guys soon. Stempniak, Cammalleri etc.

Has there been ANY speculation about Hemmer? Thanks in advance.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Hemsky would be hung by the rafters of Consol in less than 10 games here. First time he passes up a shot on a wide opened net, he'd be done.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
"Beau needs to earn his keep first..."

Dan-Bylsma-27.jpg

:sarcasm:

And I think he has worked towards that. He just cannot seem to stay healthy. We also have a coach who refused to break up that top line for absolutely anyone. Needless to say, not conducive for a young player trying to break in.

I think Beau is the ultimate 3rd liner though. He is so good defensively, and so good on the back check. I have absolutely no problem with him holding down the RW spot on the 3rd line.

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010
Any interest in Hemsky? I know lots of teams are looking to trade their expiring guys soon. Stempniak, Cammalleri etc.

Has there been ANY speculation about Hemmer? Thanks in advance.

Nope. Hemsky has great hands but honestly he'd be a terrible fit in Pittsburgh and I'm sure the Pens management know it. Bylsma doesn't care for guys like him and they usually play on the 4th line or sit in the box.

Hemsky would be a great fit in Detroit though.

Seedling

Tier 7 fan (ballcap)
Jul 16, 2009
Canada
Nope. Hemsky has great hands but honestly he'd be a terrible fit in Pittsburgh and I'm sure the Pens management know it. Bylsma doesn't care for guys like him and they usually play on the 4th line or sit in the box.

Hemsky would be a great fit in Detroit though.

Thanks for the insight everyone. The only reason I asked is because of the injuries you guys have.

Hemsky's days as an Oiler are soon to be over, it's just a matter of where he goes. I agree with your thoughts about Detroit.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Hemsky should have been traded from Edmonton 4 deadlines ago.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Hemsky would be among our six best scoring forwards. So yeah, he'd be an upgrade.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
So long story short...Neal and Kunitz need to play together :laugh:

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
so it looks like we need two wingers for Geno :laugh: Bennett and Megna?

I'm o'k with Jagr and Kulemin.

EDIT: Then again, Bennett's and Megna's 8 combined career goals is fine according the the three initial's club. :biglaugh:

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
If we're rolling KCN. I'm ok with just Kule or McGinn. Beau can handle 2nd line RW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad