Speculation: 2013-2014 Trade Speculation (All Players) | Part IV | KCD ain't gonna cut it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eXile59

Shirts on.
Jan 2, 2009
PA
The difference between Talbot & Vitale at this point is not worth the 1+ million more cap hit.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
He's an actual 4th liner I wouldn't mind Bylsma double shifting Malkin or Crosby with instead of Glass and Adams. Z is an actual bum and has done nothing ever, unlike Max. I like Sill too and would love a 4th line with Sill and Talbot on it but that would never happen with Adams and Glass. So Talbot is my third line grit guy to with Sutter and Jokinen/Dupuis.

so he's an overpaid 4th liner who you want to play on the third line. That is exactly why I don't want him. Because I believe that is exactly how he'd be used.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
I like the guy in general, but Vitale is the new Max. And I'd like to see more size and speed added to the bottom six, not more small guys with a little bit bad hands.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
I don't get how so many people want to acquire Eberle but refuse Hemsky because he is "too soft."

Eberle is soft but he's also a dynamic young scorer. He can pot 30 goals without Sid. Have to think he could hit 40 or more with Sid. My issue with Hemsky is what he has left. I'm not sure he's the player he used to be or that he can ever get to that level again.

ndolla

Dec 23, 2013
The difference between Talbot & Vitale at this point is not worth the 1+ million more cap hit.

Vitale's best season...14 points...Talbot would've put up between 20-35 points every season he was in the league if last season wasn't shortened. And once again, Vitale has done nothing over his career compared to Talbot's accomplishments and big game plays and Vitale, while I like him and wish he was our fourth line center all the time, has sucked this year.

Talbot, regular season: .3/ppg
Talbot, playoffs: .51/ppg

Talbot, regular season: .22/ppg
Talbot, playoffs: .1/ppg...in 10 games because why play him in such big games?

So yes, I think Talbot is easily worth 1M more.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
A fourth line of Sill/Vitale/PL3 or Engelland would be great.

Absolutely. Hell, keep all four if we can get them all cheaply and mix and match them on the fourth line, depending on team match-ups, injuries, slumps, etc.

I'd definitely roll with that. Unfortunately, Craig Adams is still here.

Your Boy Troy

Sep 19, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
Absolutely. Hell, keep all four if we can get them all cheaply and mix and match them on the fourth line, depending on team match-ups, injuries, slumps, etc.

I'd definitely roll with that. Unfortunately, Craig Adams is still here.

It is a line that I wouldn't want to screw with. PL3/Engelland wouldn't necessarily have to dress every game. But, it is good to have them play against some of the tougher teams.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
A fourth line of Sill/Vitale/PL3 or Engelland would be great.

Hell yeah.

Vitale's best season...14 points...Talbot would've put up between 20-35 points every season he was in the league if last season wasn't shortened. And once again, Vitale has done nothing over his career compared to Talbot's accomplishments and big game plays and Vitale, while I like him and wish he was our fourth line center all the time, has sucked this year.

kobe.gif

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
It is a line that I wouldn't want to screw with. PL3/Engelland wouldn't necessarily have to dress every game. But, it is good to have them play against some of the tougher teams.

Plus it's plenty versatile. Vitale can play both C and RW. Sill can play both C and LW. Engelland can fill in on D and play RW.

eXile59

Shirts on.
Jan 2, 2009
PA

This year...

Vital-11 points
Tablot-10 points

If we are counting points. Not really what I look for when I'm looking at a 4th line center. More concerned with winning face offs, fore checking hard, physical play, & all around defense.

Talbot's flare bought him a deal almost worth 2 million for a guy who is suppose to play 8 minutes a game. 10 in he's killing penalties. That's stupid.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Plus it's plenty versatile. Vitale can play both C and RW. Sill can play both C and LW. Engelland can fill in on D and play RW.

I do love the idea of having an emergency defenseman in the game in case of injury or one being removed from the game.

That 4th line also wouldn't be painful to see Crosby and Malkin double shifting with.

ndolla

Dec 23, 2013
This year...

Vital-11 points
Tablot-10 points

If we are counting points. Not really what I look for when I'm looking at a 4th line center. More concerned with winning face offs, fore checking hard, physical play, & all around defense.

Talbot's flare bought him a deal almost worth 2 million for a guy who is suppose to play 8 minutes a game. 10 in he's killing penalties. That's stupid.

Yeah I usually look at 38 games compared to someone's career when comparing points, but if we are counting points...

I also like someone who can actually chip in a goal once in a while more than someone who can't. Plus, Talbot does everything Vitale does. Except he also scores goals. Talbot got that contract for a reason. Vitale can provide a physical spark, Talbot can provide a game changing fight or a Game 7 Stanley Cup victory.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Yeah I usually look at 38 games compared to someone's career when comparing points, but if we are counting points...

I also like someone who can actually chip in a goal once in a while more than someone who can't. Plus, Talbot does everything Vitale does. Except he also scores goals. Talbot got that contract for a reason. Vitale can provide a physical spark, Talbot can provide a game changing fight or a Game 7 Stanley Cup victory.

You do realize the irony of this statement, right?

You don't like the 38-game sample that paints Vitale in a positive light, but you want to use the seriously-much-smaller sample size of Talbot's playoff rather than the production of his entire career.

/drops mouse

ndolla

Dec 23, 2013
You do realize the irony of this statement, right?

You don't like the 38-game sample that paints Vitale in a positive light, but you want to use the seriously-much-smaller sample size of Talbot's playoff rather than the production of his entire career.

/drops mouse

However I also mentioned Talbot's career playoff statistics...thus a much larger sample size. Don't use a small sample size of my posts too please.

eXile59

Shirts on.
Jan 2, 2009
PA

Because Holmgren is stupid?

He has 3 more goals & we can't compare careers because Vitale has just started his & has had the benefit of the same playing time.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I've seen every game this year...I think he was great last year...this year I've barely noticed him. Just stating what I see.

That's fine. I've seen the majority of games this year and couldn't disagree more. I think the idea's absurd.

The eye test suggest to me that he's having his best season ever, and the numbers support the idea. He's the team's best faceoff man (winning over 60% of his draws), physical (62 hits in 36 games with limited TOI), and producing better than ever (11 points). That's without mentioning how well he's transitioned to Sutter's wing.

He's an energetic, determined, versatile, defensively sound forward who's dogged on the forecheck and on pace for career-best numbers. I don't know what more you'd expect from a 4th liner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig