Speculation: 2013 - 2014 Season Roster Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
When in doubt, consult primary sources. From the CBA:

Monies forfeited [for games missed due to suspension] shall not be included in Actual Club Salary.
(b) Within ten (10) days of the Club's final Regular Season Game, the Club involved
shall furnish the League and the NHLPA with proof that any sums deducted from the Player's
Paragraph 1 NHL Salary and Bonuses due to a fine or suspension were, in fact, deducted. The
Club shall be responsible for paying an amount equal to the withheld Paragraph 1 NHL Salary
and Bonuses to the League Office within ten (10) days of the amount being withheld.
(c) Subject to the following, no such sums shall be returned to the Player in any
manner or form. Upon completion of the later of: (i) expiration of the time for requesting
Commissioner review, (ii) any Commissioner decision which is not subject to further review,
(iii) expiration of the time for requesting appeal to the NDA, or (iv) the NDA decision, the
amount withheld, if any, shall be transferred to the NHL Players' Emergency Assistance Fund.
The Player shall be repaid any amounts (where applicable) as a result of the Commissioner or the
NDA reducing his penalty or pursuant to a direction of the Impartial Arbitrator.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Not such a big problem given our record :), but of course too many goals against is the issue and the offensive production will most likely wane. Said issue is one of puck support and possession - Fleischmann would be a HUGE benefit.

Maybe we can trade your favorite --Gormley!

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Doan has played like that a long time.

Doan has 40 pounds on Simmonds. Doan was twice the player Simmonds is at the same age. But I do like the way Simmonds plays, he would be an interesting addition to the Yotes.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Well they traded away Smid. So unless they are totally tanking, they need a D back for Hemsky.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
Never mind, apparently the account that reported that was fake.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Never mind, apparently the account that reported that was fake.

I wonder if Hemsky has still been dealt though, but to another team. It was reported in some tweets an hour or so ago, that Hemsky and Smid's lockers were being packed up by the Oilers' arena staff.

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
I wonder if Hemsky has still been dealt though, but to another team. It was reported in some tweets an hour or so ago, that Hemsky and Smid's lockers were being packed up by the Oilers' arena staff.

Hemsky's still been traded, just not for Simmonds and a 2nd. That was the fake account. Other accounts have him being traded.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
@KennyM18: Hemsky traded to the #Coyotes for a Dman. Sounds like Klesla. #Oilers #Edm #Phx

Is this guy legit??

Saw this on trade boards, don't know if this guy is legit.

RABBIT

Why are you trolling by posting obviously fake stuff on your twitter?

As you should be.

I didn't start the original Phoenix rumor, I responded to the proposals that were jokingly being thrown out on twitter with my own "proposal " because of the fake tweet. You act like I just committed a crime, live a little. If I was trying to add to speculation I wouldn't have owned up on here.

In fact, why the **** am I even explaining myself? :laugh: Go look on the main boards and see how many people are posting fake confirmed deals mocking the original. For ****'s sake.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I didn't start the original Phoenix rumor, I responded to the proposals that were jokingly being thrown out on twitter with my own "proposal " because of the fake tweet. You act like I just committed a crime, live a little. If I was trying to add to speculation I wouldn't have owned up on here.

Joking about transactions involving actual people demonstrates poor taste. Considering you did it for attention and used a player from a team you are seemingly a fan of, it's even lower. If you had any credibility to your name, this sort of thing would surely get back to the people involved and wouldn't be squashed so quickly. Something to remember before making such a joke. I know it seems harmless, but it's really not worth it to get a rise out of HF.

Do you remember what the Winnipeg press did to this franchise? They floated the rumor the the Coyotes were set to move just before the start of their series against the Red Wings. Now, this information isn't inherently false, but it also wasn't exactly new. One of the tenets of journalism is that you are to minimize harm, which Shoalts and co. chose not to do. In fact, you could easily make the argument that they acted maliciously towards the Coyotes and timed the release so as to maximize impact. To my knowledge, no one has been punished for that episode. Everyone involved (especially the editors) should have been fired and an apology issued to the organization. None of that happened, so never forget how classless some outlets can be. More importantly, don't sink to their level.

I know I am being a curmudgeon here, but I hate to see people revel in trolling that comes at the expense of innocent third parties.

In fact, why the **** am I even explaining myself? :laugh: Go look on the main boards and see how many people are posting fake confirmed deals mocking the original. For ****'s sake.

That others are doing it does not make it okay, or somehow lessen the poor judgment shown.

RABBIT

Joking about transactions involving actual people demonstrates poor taste. Considering you did it for attention and used a player from a team you are seemingly a fan of, it's even lower. If you had any credibility to your name, this sort of thing would surely get back to the people involved and wouldn't be squashed so quickly. Something to remember before making such a joke. I know it seems harmless, but it's really not worth it to get a rise out of HF.

Do you remember what the Winnipeg press did to this franchise? They floated the rumor the the Coyotes were set to move just before the start of their series against the Red Wings. Now, this information isn't inherently false, but it also wasn't exactly new. One of the tenets of journalism is that you are to minimize harm, which Shoalts and co. chose not to do. In fact, you could easily make the argument that they acted maliciously towards the Coyotes and timed the release so as to maximize impact. To my knowledge, no one has been punished for that episode. Everyone involved (especially the editors) should have been fired and an apology issued to the organization. None of that happened, so never forget how classless some outlets can be. More importantly, don't sink to their level.

I know I am being a curmudgeon here, but I hate to see people revel in trolling that comes at the expense of innocent third parties.

That others are doing it does not make it okay, or somehow lessen the poor judgment shown.

I get what you're saying, but I think you are confusing this a little. People were tweeting their "confirmations" to mock the guy who made the fake Gord Miller page. I wasn't trying to do anything for attention, it was just mindless internet fun. I get what rumors do to the media nowadays, but I had no clue doing something so trivial would cause an even more trivial ripple affect.

Someone tweeted the Maple Leafs acquired Miley Cyrus. Trust me, the last thing I wanted to do was bring attention from a vast audience to a page I use to follow hockey news.

Mine and a few others were picked out of the responses because they actually looked like hockey trades. and didn't consist of A-list celebrities. I have like 12 followers so I was not trying to appeal to anyone, but if it makes you feel any better, I'm currently receiving death threats from PoonSmasher and a fake Gary Bettman account.

Last edited:

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I wasn't trying to do anything for attention, it was just mindless internet fun.

Regardless of your intentions or your reason for doing it, your 'mindless fun' involved actual players. Your twitter misrepresents you by claiming to be a hockey writer for the Coyotes. Many beat writers, bloggers, and other people who often have credibility don't have a large following, so it wasn't outside the realm of possibility that people would believe you. Hell, you even duped some of your own Coyote fans. Would you be comfortable telling Klesla "hey Rusty, I'm totally going to claim you are being moved to the Oilers for Hemsky" in person?

The Miley Cryus thing was obviously a joke. Yours had a thin veneer of potential legitimacy to it. Is it a huge crime? No, but it's something that has the potential to stop being harmless and turn into something more real. That the internet is dumb enough to latch onto every shred of potential news is not your fault, but it is also why you have to show some restraint. Like it or not, twitter is a platform, and people rarely consider the source before running with it. Is that your real name? Because now it's associated with pranking people at the expense of a Coyote player.

Mine and a few others were picked out of the responses because they actually looked like hockey trades. and didn't consist of A-list celebrities. I have like 12 followers so I was not trying to appeal to anyone, but if it makes you feel any better, I'm currently receiving death threats from PoonSmasher and a fake Gary Bettman account.

I'm not really surprised that people are very angry with you. I'm a little disappointed that a fellow Coyote fan would do such a thing. I definitely will never cheer on twitter trolling, or agree that such a thing is mindless fun. I was out of school before twitter really took off, so maybe it's a gap in perception. You can chalk my posts up to nothing more than a 'get off my lawn' moment if you want. I have a feeling in five years or so, you just might agree with me. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad