2013-2014 Positivity Thread

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
I know that in college sports there are a lot of rituals like rub the toe of this statue, touch the plaque above the door, etc.

How about they all rub the back of Getzlaf's head as they head out? That should help remove the ring.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
I know that in college sports there are a lot of rituals like rub the toe of this statue, touch the plaque above the door, etc.

How about they all rub the back of Getzlaf's head as they head out? That should help remove the ring.
And then for his next contract, he should grow in the salt-and-pepper Picard hair ring, just to demonstrate how wise he would be then.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Awesome to see Fowler get rewarded for his efforts.
Lindholm is the future
Getzlaf and Perry are beasts
Cogliano is a monster
Perreault is just an awesome pick up. Chemistry with whoever he plays with.
This team is incredible.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Getz's effort level improves every year, but honestly can't remember 1 time this season where he was lolly-gagging. Really have to give him some credit.

Ducksgo*

Awesome to see Fowler get rewarded for his efforts.
Lindholm is the future
Getzlaf and Perry are beasts
Cogliano is a monster
Perreault is just an awesome pick up. Chemistry with whoever he plays with.
This team is incredible.

Yes it is when you underestimate the youth movement in the squad

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA
Bringing back the positivity thread. Here's some fun facts for everyone, which should make everyone happy considering we're still near the top of the league.

2013:
We play 42 games (25 on the road and 17 at home) with ~28,200 miles traveled with 49 days of rest.

2014:
We play 40 games (16 on the road and 24 at home) with ~20,400 miles traveled with 63 days of rest. However, 19 of those days are from the Olympics but most of our team will get rest.

Our schedule is much easier in the 2nd half so considering the place we are in I would say job well done so far.

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA
In addition...

2013 - 9 back to back games.
2014 - 6 back to back games.

We should be much more rested for the playoffs.

DarthYenik

Sep 15, 2011
California
I want to say, I think last nights game was a so-called "good loss". They played hard, and if not for MAF standing on his head, they could have won it.

As for the rest of the season, the Ducks are arguably a better second half team. Add that, as mentioned, to an easier schedule, and some extra time off for Sochi, and I am incredibly optimistic.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
I want to say, I think last nights game was a so-called "good loss". They played hard, and if not for MAF standing on his head, they could have won it.

As for the rest of the season, the Ducks are arguably a better second half team. Add that, as mentioned, to an easier schedule, and some extra time off for Sochi, and I am incredibly optimistic.

under RC they were. donno about BB. if we take last seasons "second half" we aren't a second half team. classic BB team. but then again it was only a 48 game season lol

Ducksgo*

A day after my birthday Tampa comes to town. Born the 21st Etem with a strong beach hat trick would make my heart melt along with bragging rights. Don't need presents if this happens. I will be ecstatic if it happens :( BB give me a bday gift with huge minutes

quentez

#8 Teemu Legend
Apr 2, 2011
Trondheim, Norway
Update:

We are 1st in the league.
We have played most road games out of all teams.
We have piss poor goaltending, a bunch of injuries,

but we are still 1st in the league.

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
9th in the league by point%. So really more that.

What's crazy is that 7 of the 8 teams above us are in the West.

As for something positive: I think the kids have gotten a lot of valuable experience because of the injuries. So that bode well for the future. Maybe even for playoffs this year.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas

What's crazy is that 7 of the 8 teams above us are in the West.

As for something positive: I think the kids have gotten a lot of valuable experience because of the injuries. So that bode well for the future. Maybe even for playoffs this year.

I really enjoy how Fowler, Lindholm, Lovejoy (not really a kid), Etem (away from the puck and even his stick handling seems to have gotten better) have stepped up in the absence of our injured players. Especially Fowler. He started really shaky, but he's turning into a real solid two way threat and he's sustaining a 41 point pace again.

quentez

#8 Teemu Legend
Apr 2, 2011
Trondheim, Norway
4i2S5i1.gif

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I really enjoy how Fowler, Lindholm, Lovejoy (not really a kid), Etem (away from the puck and even his stick handling seems to have gotten better) have stepped up in the absence of our injured players. Especially Fowler. He started really shaky, but he's turning into a real solid two way threat and he's sustaining a 41 point pace again.

I agree on the first three but Etem needs to stop skating like a brainless motor every time he gets the puck. He hits the blueline, speeds his way to a bad angle and puts harmless shots on goal far too often. Every now and then he's going to catch a defenseman off guard or one of the shots will go in but not nearly enough to justify continually doing the same thing. He needs to learn to pull up at the blueline, put his head up and make a play with the puck. What he's doing now is all well and good but in order for him to develop into a truly dangerous offensive threat he needs to develop some creativity and awareness.

P larker

Nov 22, 2013
Did you see how hard Magnus came back to break up the 2-1 turned breakaway? Sad ending, but wow that was a nice effort.

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
I agree on the first three but Etem needs to stop skating like a brainless motor every time he gets the puck. He hits the blueline, speeds his way to a bad angle and puts harmless shots on goal far too often. Every now and then he's going to catch a defenseman off guard or one of the shots will go in but not nearly enough to justify continually doing the same thing. He needs to learn to pull up at the blueline, put his head up and make a play with the puck. What he's doing now is all well and good but in order for him to develop into a truly dangerous offensive threat he needs to develop some creativity and awareness.

That's simply not true these last couple games he has made power moves to the net just no lucky bounces. Last year I would have agreed with you and the first couple games he came back from injury but lately he has made some solid power moves.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad