2013-2014 Positivity Thread

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
I haven't seen much game time. I'm finally about recovered from time zone shift so I'll be watching more games now.

DSP looked much improved in the portion of the Bruins game I caught. I've been pretty hard on him, but he actually looked like a positive contributor. I have felt that his "impressive" rookie season he was really just net even. Then in the sophomore slump he was a minus. So it's good that he's bounced back.

Perry looks like he's back. I didn't really doubt him, but it's still good to see.

Penner has been much better than I expected. Still not consistent, but generally also a net positive.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
How unreal has Bruce Boudreau been for this team since we hired him? Favorite coach in the league.
I remember hearing his winning percentage is one of the best of all active coaches.
bryan allens bouceback has been nothing short of relieving

I was one of his harsher critics last year but this year I don't really have anything to complain about. A blunder here and there but nothing game breaking.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Lindholm looks like a 10 year vet out there. Terrific pick.
Finding MP22 for chump change, great move by BM.
Allen looking like the guy we thought we signed.
The Rev continuing to look like he's underpaid.
Fowler becoming very solid in his own end.

I'M SO EXCITED!

c4rcy

Power lvls over 9000
Jun 15, 2009
OC, California
Fowler - Even though the points aren't there, showing he can handle all types of duty with the highest average TOI per game

Allen - +10, has looked great with Vatanen, a gigantic improvement from last year

The youngins - DSP, Holland, Etem, Silfverberg, Lindholm, Vatanen, (even Fowler) have all impressed in short time.

Magnus the Hampusholm - What a stud. He makes that extra cheeky play that not many people do or think about in this league to turn breakouts into offensive rushes.

Penner - Really looking like the player we hoped to get back, +12, leading the LEAGUE in +/-

Getz/Perz - These two starting hot has undoubtedly put us where we are in the standings.

MP22 - Unbelievable move by BM. Stole him from GMGM for scraps, and has turned out to quite the player. Shows high level of play with every type of player.

Andersen - 3-0 in 3 games, making it look easy while doing it.

camshaft

Mar 4, 2013
Even the national press is starting to recognize how good the Ducks are. Pierre McGuire says that they are the quickest team in the league. He says not only in skating speed, but they play very fast. McGuire says they are one of the best teams in the league and that they are really good.

camshaft

Mar 4, 2013
Wow! Pierre McGuire is really impressed with the Ducks. He says that they are Fast, Furious and Fun to watch. He encourages everyone to keep an eye on the Ducks.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Engblom said this about Andersen: I kept looking for holes in his game and I just couldn't find any.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Corey Pronman ‏@coreypronman 16s
Ducks are very good, have had 9 players 24 or under play this year, key F's locked up, and have several top-end prospects in pipeline.

Pronman

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
Husky like a UConn grad.

(I just now realized that they are probably the Huskies because UConn sounds like Yukon. :facepalm: I'm slow.)

edit: And now looking it up it turns out to just be a huge coincidence. They were the Huskies 5-6 years before changing the school name to Univ of Conn.

12ozPapa

Make space for The Papa
Feb 13, 2012
This may sound odd, but a huge positive is that we are winning consistently and with some of the worst penalty kill and the absolute worst powerplay. Of course, we'd all prefer both to be firing on all cylinders, but to be winning, and winning a lot, in this league with both doing so terribly is quite a sight. Shows how truly talented and hard working this team is.

Also, I've always been one of DSP's, Allen's, Maroon's and Penner's harshest critics. I can HAPPILY say, they have all made me eat crow. So happy to admit it to. I said I'd admit if I were wrong on here, so I am. I really hope they all can continue their great play. I still feel Penner has another level he could get to, so let's hope for that.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
He did but the ring of hair around the back of his head has grown back. He needs to groom that **** daily.
Didn't notice that, he better cut it if it's growing back, nothing worse then that ring on the back while being bald on the top, see it too many times in every day life :laugh:

Pregame ritual?
:laugh:

I could just see the whole team surrounding Getzlaf, then Perry is starts to shave it. All the while they are chanting in a low, deep voice. Don't horror movies start someway like this? :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad